Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-08-2014, 16:58   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Bury Match Thread

Our best display this season imho, shame about the result, Hit the post/crossbar corner wi a great naismith free kick,his best display by a country mile this season, one headed off the line, 2 cast iron penalties denied, Bury should have had the dirty pig number 27 sent off first half no question,was only booked n 2 mins later shoulda been booked again,fer a touchline foul, still used to this wi us.
smobile likes this.
Old 30-08-2014, 17:03   #17
Resting in Peace

How did Nicky Hunt do, Cashy? Is the formation worth persevering with or would it be better for him and Buxton to swap positions, seeing as it sounded like Rhino was skinned for one of their goals.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 17:12   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Nicky was subbed second half, as far as i'm concerned will NEVER make a midfielder. But Joycey i would have subbed fer a Bury Black Pudding he was very poor,imho.
smobile likes this.
Old 30-08-2014, 17:19   #19
Senior Member+

Bury came out in all white and thought they were Real Madrid.
They played three at the back and played little triangles in impossible areas.
I really thought after twenty minutes we would get something as playing with a back three there is spaces out wide and Naismith and mingolas eyes must have lit up ( both had good games)
The new keeper played well and grey up top also.
Now the negatives, our fullbacks can't defend (good players) and this will cost us as it did again today.
I watched closely and both were on fire to get forward ( no need as naismiths on fire),when possession is turned over they are out of position.
I think toms first five touches were in the right back channel,and there equaliser was rob being dragged into the left channel.
We will never get clean sheets if this is not addressed,saying that Buxton once again got rinsed for the winner,just as he did against Luton .
I haven't got anything against attacking fullbacks but how many assists have we had by this ?
We haven't the players to score two+ goals to win games!let's get back to basics !!!
AccyMad likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 18:17   #20
pud

I am struggling to see how we have won that (as a Bury Fan) apart from two bits of skill from Lowe with the back heal for the first and Mayor with a wonder goal (poor defending though)

Stanley will be nowhere near the bottom of the league if they play like that each week! Very impressed with you lot.

The Ref was awful for both teams!

Not sure about two pens! and I think if a player has got a card for an off the ball incident it should have been red rather than yellow that Atkinson got.(although maybe this is a bit of payback seeing as Stanley usually have someone sent off at Gigg)

Naismith was impressive as he was in pre season against blackburn (I came to watch as I live in Accy)

Good luck for the rest of the season (apart from when we meet again)
sparkie, cashman, smobile and 2 others like this.
pud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 07:11   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
I really thought after twenty minutes we would get something as playing with a back three there is spaces out wide and Naismith and mingolas eyes must have lit up ( both had good games)
Now the negatives, our fullbacks can't defend (good players) and this will cost us as it did again today.
I watched closely and both were on fire to get forward ( no need as naismiths on fire),when possession is turned over they are out of position.
I think toms first five touches were in the right back channel,and there equaliser was rob being dragged into the left channel.
We will never get clean sheets if this is not addressed,saying that Buxton once again got rinsed for the winner,just as he did against Luton .
I haven't got anything against attacking fullbacks but how many assists have we had by this ?
We haven't the players to score two+ goals to win games!let's get back to basics !!!
Have to agree about Buxton + Mustoe woefully lacking pace defensivley that,s why I think JB tried 3 at the back will be punished against good sides thought Bury were poor having spent so much I think our blg problem is finishing sides off should have been 3-1 at least half time Gray really should have scored.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 09:13   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Good post! How about Hunt and Buxton swopping positions and picking Lids, who can tackle and has some pace,at left back when fit. Would that help to solve it?
Old 31-08-2014, 10:00   #23
God Member

Agree with others that this was definitely our best performance so far this season - Kal, for whatever reason raised his game & really showed what he can do when his head's in the right place.
Bury, to say the amount of money they've spent didn't look all that & although they were much better in 2nd half I still can't figure out how we got nothing from the game.
Was also puzzled as to why the ref didn't add any time at all for all the treatment needed on Rose's 'injury' in added time but glad the lad had a miraculous recovery as soon as the whistle was blown
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 10:10   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Good post! How about Hunt and Buxton swopping positions and picking Lids, who can tackle and has some pace,at left back when fit. Would that help to solve it?
It's a difficult one Redraine,hunty and lids are defenders who can join in,were I think Mustoe and Buxton are offensive players who aren't as effective defending.
Both have a place in football but for me at Accrington,we need a platform of clean sheets to build on.
I think only fitness will stop Buxton playing in midfield as he struggles to get back we out of position,and in midfield there's no resting.
Back to bury game,there Three at the back and centre mid were the worst I have seen this season and they played better when they went down to ten men and a back four --- just like us !
Old 31-08-2014, 10:11   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Agree with others that this was definitely our best performance so far this season - Kal, for whatever reason raised his game & really showed what he can do when his head's in the right place.
Bury, to say the amount of money they've spent didn't look all that & although they were much better in 2nd half I still can't figure out how we got nothing from the game.
Was also puzzled as to why the ref didn't add any time at all for all the treatment needed on Rose's 'injury' in added time but glad the lad had a miraculous recovery as soon as the whistle was blown
Kal in my view could play at higher level. i'm sure, if someone could just get his head right, He wasn't on Rangers books cos he had no potential.? If such a person could be found it would be an big benefit to the lad and Stanley. As to why the ref added no time on, i agree wi pud, he was (another) complete knob fer both sides.
Old 31-08-2014, 10:38   #26
Senior Member+

Cashy,I think Kai's performance/goal in the first half was more to do with putting on a show for a team that's made a bid for him !
He wasn't as effective in the second half when they made their subs and altered their shape,but would image did enough for an improved offer from bury !!.
Old 31-08-2014, 11:45   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Cashy,I think Kai's performance/goal in the first half was more to do with putting on a show for a team that's made a bid for him !
Have to disagree mate, have seen him play superb pre season,also last season,its consistency he lacks fer me, sod all else.
Old 31-08-2014, 12:25   #28
Resting in Peace

Jb's post match interview gave me the impression he was resigned to losing Kal. What a sickener for him, as didn't he put up his own funds in order to bring him in?
Old 31-08-2014, 12:46   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Have to disagree mate, have seen him play superb pre season,also last season,its consistency he lacks fer me, sod all else.
Didn't say hes not got ability,what i meant was he hasn't set the world on fire in the first four games (go subbed and benched),so it was a good time for him to put a performance in to remind a club that wants to double his money and sign him !!.
He reminds me so much of John Miles !
Old 31-08-2014, 13:08   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Aye but unless hes totally dumb, he can do much better n Bury (no disrespect to em) in my view.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..