Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-01-2015, 01:20   #136
Senior Member+

Re: Bury Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
chubbyman has lost his mind.

Who is your club mole on the playing staff?

Has your mole told you Aldred has been subject to an approach from another club?
Only you and I online now DAV ,come on let's go for it ......got lots on you saviour !!! Come on, take me on !!!
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-01-2015, 01:21   #137
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Only you and I online now DAV ,come on let's go for it ......got lots on you saviour !!! Come on, take me on !!!
Oops a visitor from Glasgow
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 01:30   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Oops a visitor from Glasgow
Not Glasgow but currently on the M6 just north of Preston and you keep quoting him

I'll be worried if I end up in Glasgow because the bus is heading for Belfast.

I'll save my comments for tomorrow
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 07:24   #139
God Member

Coleman's interview, for anyone who'd like to see it rather than rely on highly selective and often bizarre interpretations on here:

Can't disagree with a word he's said or how he's said it. Certainly beats the gumph we were given in the first few months of this season and the entirety of last.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 07:56   #140

Just seen Colemans's post match interview and, whilst most of it is fair, I thought some elements of it were unnecessary.

Sometimes singling players out for praise or criticism is helpful and motivational however in the cases of Macey, Gray and Aldred I don't think it is.

Macey has come here for experience and game time. Give him your view on whether he should have come for the cross forr their goal in private. Gray's effectively been told his style of play doesn't fit in to what the manager's trying to do and he should have left the Aldred comment at 'yes, he's injured'. No need to add 'draw your own conclusions'

It's obvious John's disappointed after the result, however, he's reached a stage in his life and career where he should be a little more self aware of how he reacts and what he says publicly. Send Jimmy out to do the odd interview or give himself 10 more minutes to compose himself and work out what he will and won't say in these situations and how others may react to it - the fans, the players themselves.

I know we need a focal point for the attack and I want him to tell me what he's doing to solve it, not confirm what I can see

On the game, thought draw would be a fair result, albeit did feel they carried a bit more threat in their attacking play.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 09:06   #141
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

[QUOTE=Jeg Red;1131258

Sometimes singling players out for praise or criticism is helpful and motivational however in the cases of Macey, Gray and Aldred I don't think it is.

Macey has come here for experience and game time. Give him your view on whether he should have come for the cross forr their goal in private. Gray's effectively been told his style of play doesn't fit in to what the manager's trying to do and he should have left the Aldred comment at 'yes, he's injured'. No need to add 'draw your own conclusions'

On the game, thought draw would be a fair result, albeit did feel they carried a bit more threat in their attacking play.[/QUOTE]

Obvious to me how clueless our manager is, no doubt will be called a hater once again, I said a couple of weeks ago i could envisage team spirit draining away, well now the flow seems to have increased.
Old 28-01-2015, 09:47   #142
Senior Member+

Football is a harsh profession and criticism is part and parcel of it.
For me its just a confidence issue which leads to frustration.
We all know there's a piece of the jigsaw missing at present.
Most positions you can cover,goal scorers are much more difficult !!!
Going on to Buxton,hes probably in my top three of talented players at the club
(along with Naismith and Windass).
Hes a good offensive player who sees the big picture in front of him very early (sign of a good player).
I see what Davos saying as it gets you into difficult areas when defending.
for a 22 year only hes not played many games,so has he a fitness issue ?.
If he sorts that out,curbs his natural instinct now and then,he can become a great asset.
Playing him in the three will soon build up his stamina !!!,he was blowing after 5 minutes on saturday
DAV007 likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 09:57   #143
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Aye criticism is part of football, but fer me a manager should keep it in house, suppose thats hard when yeh aint got the wit to do so.
Old 28-01-2015, 10:08   #144
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Aye criticism is part of football, but fer me a manager should keep it in house, suppose thats hard when yeh aint got the wit to do so.
If they keep it in house we wont have anything to debate !!,Like or loathe him he takes no prisoners and you know were you stand with him.
He just says it as it is (not a relation of yours is he ?)
Old 28-01-2015, 10:14   #145
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
If they keep it in house we wont have anything to debate !!,Like or loathe him he takes no prisoners and you know were you stand with him.
He just says it as it is (not a relation of yours is he ?)
I'm not against him making a general criticism, But singling players out should be a no-no, imho, fans will always do that on message boards, but managers should have more about em.
Old 28-01-2015, 10:47   #146
Senior Member+

Cashman Slags of politicians on the general forum for being full of spin and lies.

Now he is slagging off Coleman for being honest and truthful.

If Alfred has refused to play due to some imaginary injury to help him get a move, then that is disgusting.
Stanley pay his wages, Stanley gave him his chance and it's Stanley who have suffered during his early career while he learnt his trade
Making up a fake injury to get help get a move when your still employed by Accrington is the lowest of the low.
When the team need him most he thinks of himself.
He is our best defender, it feels as if he has deserted us.

On the plus side, Conneely looks a great prospect at CB.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 11:12   #147
Senior Member+

Quote:
I'm not against him making a general criticism, But singling players out should be a no-no, imho, fans will always do that on message boards, but managers should have more about em.
different styles of managers,i would sooner have a "heart on your sleeve"man anyday.
Too soft these footballers !!!!
DAV007 likes this.
Old 28-01-2015, 11:14   #148
Senior Member+

Quote:
As I sat at the feet ( Well in the seat behind actually !) of FA19 last night, and revelled in his unfolding of all those tactical systems and nuances that my relatively untutored soccer brain
has been missing for years, An uneasy feeling came over me !...not the one that tells me that my regular visit to the Superloo in the Clubhouse is due, but one triggered by a suspicion that for some reason or other the Reds are rapidly morphing into one of those entities which the media like to describe as ' a struggling Club ' !.
I listened in to conversations which were overflowing with titbits of half-truths, inside information, and the usual harmless gossip !. This could have led me to believe that our Manager is useless as a Coach, a Motivator, and a Man and thus is ready for the walk up Livingston Road into Soccer oblivion !. Or I could have considered the notion that 'the Dressing Room' is a turmoil of discontent inhabited by players who are anxious to ply their trade elsewhere !.
Whatever was colouring my thinking, and to be honest distracting me from FA19's efforts to give me a more comprehensive insight into the game we both love, was the picture of a team
who again were second best to opponents who were to be honest no better in their play than themselves !...it was deja vu of Tranmere, and that was a poor performance !.
So where lies the answer to this dilemma which is rapidly developing into ' the losing habit'
Can't. blame a young Goalkeeper who is going to make at least one error per game. Can't really blame the dearth of Strikers in the squad,goodness knows these are few and far between, and, if gossip is to be believed,the Club couldn't afford one, if the availability came along !. Can't blame the Fans,last night's support was up to it's usual high standard !.
The worst thought last night was that a continuation of what I was witnessing could well lead to the fourth loss in a row on Saturday to a resurgent Northampton Town !.
Sorry if I appear to be a bit gloomy today, but as I have said previously, events at Accrington Stanley are giving me cause for concern.
The final insult emanating from my visit to the match last night, was when Chubbyman sidled up to me and had the bare-faced effrontery to accuse me of making a spelling-error in one of my posts!...now that really hurt !.
AccyMad and Chubbyman like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 11:21   #149
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
As I sat at the feet ( Well in the seat behind actually !) of FA19 last night, and revelled in his unfolding of all those tactical systems and nuances that my relatively untutored soccer brain
has been missing for years, An uneasy feeling came over me !...not the one that tells me that my regular visit to the Superloo in the Clubhouse is due, but one triggered by a suspicion that for some reason or other the Reds are rapidly morphing into one of those entities which the media like to describe as ' a struggling Club ' !.
I listened in to conversations which were overflowing with titbits of half-truths, inside information, and the usual harmless gossip !. This could have led me to believe that our Manager is useless as a Coach, a Motivator, and a Man and thus is ready for the walk up Livingston Road into Soccer oblivion !. Or I could have considered the notion that 'the Dressing Room' is a turmoil of discontent inhabited by players who are anxious to ply their trade elsewhere !.
Whatever was colouring my thinking, and to be honest distracting me from FA19's efforts to give me a more comprehensive insight into the game we both love, was the picture of a team
who again were second best to opponents who were to be honest no better in their play than themselves !...it was deja vu of Tranmere, and that was a poor performance !.
So where lies the answer to this dilemma which is rapidly developing into ' the losing habit'
Can't. blame a young Goalkeeper who is going to make at least one error per game. Can't really blame the dearth of Strikers in the squad,goodness knows these are few and far between, and, if gossip is to be believed,the Club couldn't afford one, if the availability came along !. Can't blame the Fans,last night's support was up to it's usual high standard !.
The worst thought last night was that a continuation of what I was witnessing could well lead to the fourth loss in a row on Saturday to a resurgent Northampton Town !.
Sorry if I appear to be a bit gloomy today, but as I have said previously, events at Accrington Stanley are giving me cause for concern.
The final insult emanating from my visit to the match last night, was when Chubbyman sidled up to me and had the bare-faced effrontery to accuse me of making a spelling-error in one of my posts!...now that really hurt !.
is that a way of saying were going through a bad patch ?
Old 28-01-2015, 11:29   #150
Senior Member+

I do not see any animosity towards players in JC after match interview just stating the facts goalkeeper had time to move out for the ball, windass had a decent chance that 8 out of 10 he would have put away and a tongue in cheek comment about Aldred's absence (injured?) I was more a miss as to why he put Carver on for just 4 mins I would have liked to have seen on much earlier
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..