Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2015, 18:55   #16
God Member

Re: Bury Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Sudden switch to Spanish, wonder if that's a hint. Man Utd signing Victor Valdes, lack of match practice, send him on loan to our imaginary new friends down the road
Before somebody else says it, "not bad for a Dingle...."

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-01-2015, 19:03   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
A conejo I think is Spanish for a rabbit. A female rabbit I believe?.........I would prefer a male goalkeeper for Friday...... if at all possible.....
Conejo is Spanish for European rabbit.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 19:06   #18
God Member

Smile Re: Bury Match Thread

Quote:
Sudden switch to Spanish, wonder if that's a hint. Man Utd signing Victor Valdes, lack of match practice, send him on loan to our imaginary new friends down the road
Taken from a website earlier.

Victor Valdes: Man Utd to sign former Barcelona goalkeeper

By Simon Stone
BBC Sport
Former Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes has accepted an offer to join Manchester United.
The Spain international, who has been training with United in his bid to recover from a serious knee injury, has agreed an 18-month contract.
Valdes, 32, won six La Liga and three Champions League titles with Barcelona, before leaving at the end of last season when his contract expired.
The deal could lead to the keeper leaving Old Trafford on loan to gain match fitness - a short term loan has not been ruled out.
It also poses a question about the future of 24-year-old first-choice goalkeeper David De Gea, who was the club's player of the year last season and has excelled again this term.
His contract is due to expire in 2016, although senior United sources have said they were relaxed about him signing an extension to that deal.

Old 07-01-2015, 19:40   #19

Quote:
Will we be doing tickets for the game we won't be playing against Barcelona as part of the transfer deal
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 20:20   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
Will we be doing tickets for the game we won't be playing against Barcelona as part of the transfer deal
Behave

Old 07-01-2015, 20:31   #21

On a more serious note. What's the weather like in Accy and is there any danger to the game as I have to leave at midday on Friday and won't get home until 5am saturday.

I've already done one all day wasted trip for Burton so could do without it again at my age .
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 20:42   #22
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
On a more serious note. What's the weather like in Accy and is there any danger to the game as I have to leave at midday on Friday and won't get home until 5am saturday.

I've already done one all day wasted trip for Burton so could do without it again at my age .
Not seen ice on any cars since Sunday. No chance of being frozen off but waterlogged can't be ruled out from the forecast.

I was surprised that Hartlepool was on so possibly nothing to worry about yet.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 10:13   #23
Senior Member+

Well Rose is back in town....... along with ANOTHER new keeper apparently.!

Looks like Dawber will be back at Clitheroe im assuming....
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 10:51   #24
God Member

Been speaking to a few Bury fans and half aren't going to risk the trip for fear of late postponement. Not a representative sample by any means but I hope that if the match does go ahead we're not left with a less than ample following from the Shakers. Playing a game with such a local rival with the potential for a substantial away following on a Friday night really seems like a waste
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:51   #25
Senior Member+

Not many times I agree with you shaker..... But I 100% agree with that.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 12:11   #26
God Member

Weather doesn't look promising. Just hope for all that, if the match is in doubt, the ref doesn't fanny around until the last minute like the last one. Takes an optimist to be a groundsman in Accy.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 12:21   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Well Rose is back in town....... along with ANOTHER new keeper apparently.!

Looks like Dawber will be back at Clitheroe im assuming....

Oh that's a shame, I was starting to look forward to a "female Spanish European rabbit between the sticks on friday against Bury ........."
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 14:44   #28
God Member

I'm pleased for Mr.Dawber that he'll be getting games under his belt rather than sitting on his bum for the rest of the season.
Old 08-01-2015, 14:55   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I'm pleased for Mr.Dawber that he'll be getting games under his belt rather than sitting on his bum for the rest of the season.
Hopefully at a higher level than Clitheroe, though. Reports suggest he's too good a goalkeeper to be playing at their level.
StanleyAccrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 15:09   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyAccrington View Post
Hopefully at a higher level than Clitheroe, though. Reports suggest he's too good a goalkeeper to be playing at their level.
Indeed, but thanks should go to Clitheroe's manager for offering him the chance to pursue his career.
smudgie and cashman like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..