Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2015, 23:41   #16

Re: Bury tonight

Shocker of a penalty from Sean, just heard colemans thaughts after the game an he should shoulder some of the blame because he told the players whoever made the pen would take it, surely a designated penalty taker would have been better, credit to bury they looked a really good side who passed the ball very well, under performers tonight for me were Morgan , Barry an pierro , I like pierro but the last few games for me he has looked poor, stand outs for tonight were tom Davies, Pearson an Sean mac although his penalty has not landed yet.
baldy and Chrisr like this.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-09-2015, 04:40   #17
Resting in Peace

I agree that Sean Mac was one of our better players, apart from his appalling penalty miss. Not many positives to take forward to Saturday, so what are the chances that we can equal the Shrimps recent 3 goals down there? They suddenly can't stop scoring after their fans were moaning about a lack of fire power, so stranger things have happened. I see James Gray scored again last night. Just saying!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 07:54   #18
God Member

nothing much in it first half but they changed their formation for the second half. by doing this they looked a division above us. we seem to move the ball too slowly and that is probably why piero hasn,t looked as good this season . seems to be crowded out all the time. as for super sean enough has been said already and young morgan looks like a lot who have been here before not quite up to it yet at this level. they wanted it more than us and when was the last time we won a jpt game, even Morecambe beat us. don't worry though come November we can concentrate on the league.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:17   #19
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Failure to make the playoffs is a bad season? Mental. So if we came tenth that would be a poor season? We've lost one league game and everybody has lost their heads. In terms of the league we are playing some silky stuff...just need to find our shooting boots.

In terms of tonight..Poor tonight and Bury deserved the win. 1300 gate showed the pricing was right. Good to see Proc back and he showed some nice touches on the edge of the area to make chances. Young lads showed endeavour and Etheridge looked solid.

If take two points from two tough trips to Pompey and Brizzle. Owt else would be a bonus.
It is the manner of our play is poor, I can assure you the way we played last night, we are saying to the world we are not interested in the JPT. We have been in league 2 long enough, Failure to progress at least to the play offs is in this case a terrible season. You were right about the pricing but we were always assured that Bury would bring a good crowd. Until we start winning with some conviction we will struggle again.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:26   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

We have never been above the bottom league since we were one of the founder clubs, above half way is a good achievement with our resources, sure we all would like better, but most of us can smell the coffee.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:39   #21
God Member

I thought that was one of the best Bury sides I have seen in a long while should cope well with league 1 to our credit we played ourselves back into the game and really should have been 2-2, I thought Bruna gave us something different last night looking to come inside the full back and looking to shoot and create took his goal well and for me has to get more game time on that kind of form on a different topic can anyone tell me why their were only 100 programmes available for sale last night hardly inspires any commercial nous, heard guite a few people complaining about this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:01   #22
Senior Member+

Quite how a proven bottler was allowed to take a penalty in the last minute of a cup competition absolutely defies belief.

Ridiculous.
yerself and Redraine like this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:05   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Quite how a proven bottler was allowed to take a penalty in the last minute of a cup competition absolutely defies belief.

Ridiculous.
Well listening to our magnificent manager,it seems he decided,who won a penalty should take it!! that says to me no practice of em, which i find absolutely crazy, very poor decision imho. yeh could also wonder,behind all the bullshine, hes not that bothered.
Chrisr likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 02-09-2015 at 10:10.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:10   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well listening to our magnificent manager,it seems he decided,who won a penalty should take it!! that says to me no practice of em, which i find absolutely crazy, very poor decision imho.
Does seem a bit crackers, especially when that's the way each round could be decided if it's a draw at full time???
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:29   #25
Senior Member+

Although it was a bad penalty, Who else would you have fancied taking it?

Billy Kee, missed his penalty against Hull, didn't Barry miss against Nelson in Pre Season?

Does seem strange though that we don't have a chosen penalty taker if Windass isn't playing!
Old 02-09-2015, 10:49   #26
Full Member+

I was sat along side a couple of Bury fans last night, they didn't think Bury were playing that well ,when they were 2 0 up they also "predicted" that a player will now go down injured to slow the pace and time waste and just like magic that is what happened.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:19   #27
Senior Member+

It's fine cash.... HE IS THE MESSIAH after all !!!!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:20   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie
Why they actually paid a transfer fee to Chester for him defies belief. A gent sat quite near to me in the main stand boasting a natty line in Australian headgear described him as a Prima Ballerina, which just about sums him up.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:50   #29
God Member

How can you blame a manager for a player missing a penalty is beyond me I played the game and I think any player on the pitch including the goalie should be able to take and score a penalty if you miss it,s either unlucky or a bad take can,t blame anyone for that,certain " Stanley fans " I know are not coming because Coleman is the manager that,s their choice but to me they are,nt true fans a true fan goes through thick and thin.
Chrisr likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 12:08   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
It is the manner of our play is poor, I can assure you the way we played last night, we are saying to the world we are not interested in the JPT.
The top clubs use the League Cup to give the fringe players a run out and see how they perform, the lower clubs use the JPT trophy. Yes it's the best chance of getting to Wembley but have any of those who made it before gone out and spent millions on new players from the winnings ?

Personally I doubt if the world has any interest in the JPT
Chrisr likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..