Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2015, 20:30   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Bury tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Although we lost you have to take some positives from the game.
We replaced three of the four "spine of the team" positions and still give a good first division team a game.
It goes to show we have strength in depth and we shouldn't be frightened of any team
Was just thinking that F19, I think we missed Crooks presence and passing in midfield, Whilst im one of Anthony Barrys biggest fans i think he was at fault for possibly both the goals, first where he lost possession just inside our half and give up chase of his man and for the 2nd goal on the edge of our box he did a little sweep tackle when he should have stayed on his feet and would have won the ball back!
Old 03-09-2015, 21:30   #47
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
What an absolute tool. One day they will name an End after Jimmy Bell and they'll reserve the entire stand just for you.
Well that is a wonderful contribution.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 21:37   #48
Full Member+

The man who should have taken the penalty was Gerado. If this lad can get a run of games under his belt he will be a brilliant addition to the first team.
maccawozzagod if you are going to quote me please quote the whole story to express the context in which it was said.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 06:35   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
maccawozzagod if you are going to quote me please quote the whole story to express the context in which it was said.
no problem

Quote:
Just heard coley's interview about the Bury game. I don't believe he watched the same game as I saw. But the reasons/ excuses were exactly the same as last week and the week before. Sorry John but the time has come for action, Some of your signings will not make the grade, I respectfully suggest you axe some now. Teach some communication skills as the teams I have seen don't seem to have any. we have some quality players that put us in the play offs at least, we have to be able to change our game when needed. Failure to make the play offs, I think you would have to consider your position. it is up to you to change something before it is too late.
It changes nowt, you still claim that Coley would have to consider his position should we fail to make the play-offs. I understand that you think this squad is better than what it is. I understand that you think we are capable of reaching the play offs. And I understand that you think should we not reach the play offs then it is entirely down to the manager.

We have got a better squad than we usually have, and they are probably capable of mounting a bid for the top 7. What you are failing to take into account is that it is largely a squad of talented kids who weren't quite up to it at their previous clubs, and a smattering of possible has-beens who have/had the talent and the chances to progress but haven't taken it for whatever reason.

If Coleman is indeed the messiah then he will get the best out of this ensemble and we will start to get results, should that happen it will because of Coleman and not just because they are a talented group of players

Quote:
The man who should have taken the penalty was Gerado. If this lad can get a run of games under his belt he will be a brilliant addition to the first team.
agreed, but is he not in direct competition with Mingoia? player of the year v young and inexperienced who failed to make the grade at Liverpool, then Blackpool, then a relegated Tranmere will only produce one result.

One of the things that I like about Coleman is that when he has seen something in a player he will keep going back to the player time and again trying to unlock whatever it is that is holding him back. Bruna had enough talent to be at Real Madrid and was then stolen off them by the hub-cappers. Something has stopped him from realising that potential, if JC can find what that is then you're right, he will be a brilliant addition followed by a huge wedge of cash.
Redash and andyd like this.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:26   #50
Resting in Peace

I think Bruna is a bit of a hidden gem. He had the defenders back pedalling in disarray when he ran at them with pace, power and control and showed great determination with his finish for the goal under pressure. Close up, he looks bigger than the impression he gave me last season, so maybe he's bulked up a bit. I liked watching him and young Griffiths warming up together pre-match too. Their routine consisted of each taking turns at belting the ball vertically upwards when standing close together and then trying to bring it under control. Bruna finessed every one of his turns superbly but the youngster failed nearly every time. They were having a right laugh and it was great to see. I would love to see Bruna given more game time, but hey, I was saying the same about Morgan recently and he disappointed on Tuesday. What do I know?��
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..