Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2015, 21:08   #1
Resting in Peace

Bury tonight

Once more McConville's Ali Shuffle served only to put himself off instead of the goalie. He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near another Stanley penalty. Mind you, we would never have got through a penalty shootout in any case with Barry, Billy Kee and our hero already having missed penalties this season. Bury always looked a division ahead of us throughout, with neat approach play and superb movement off the ball having us chasing shadows. Bruna looked our only hope of hitting the net with a good cameo performance but Morgan failed completely to take his best chance yet of impressing, with he and Billy looking unable to burst a paper bag between them, although Billy did wake up for the last 15 minutes.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-09-2015, 21:19   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Bury tonight

Kee took pens at Burton so at least is used to it, Bruna looks capable, so why super sean was let take it,is beyond comprehension.
Redraine likes this.
Old 01-09-2015, 21:23   #3
Junior Member+

Davies and Kee were the best players on the pitch by a long way, they were the only 2 who seemed like they were good enough to compete tonight. As for the penalty, why did Coleman let a player who missed a penalty in a pressure situation only a few weeks ago, take another penalty in a pressure situation? Did anybody really expect him to score?
dantoro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 21:26   #4
God Member

Load of Bury fans sat next to me in stand and as soon as Shaun picked the ball up to take it I said to them he,ll miss this sadly proved right never looked like scoring it, the keeper had already moved to his right he only had to place it in. A few of our players disapointing tonight Mingoia, Morgan,Kee all had poor games although I thought young Phillips played a peach of a pass for Bruna to take a well executed goal concentrate on league now untill FA Cup.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 21:26   #5
God Member

Agree with most of the above post, we weren't in it for long stretches - men v boys I'm afraid, I think Flitcroft & his lads wanted the win much more than we did - I understand switching the team around for games like this but they needed more instructions /direction from our dug-out, & I'm not sure throwing young Jack Phillips in at the deep end like that was really fair on the kid.
Redraine likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 21:32   #6
God Member

Was there a bad injury to Conneely, subbed after 2 minutes!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 21:43   #7
God Member

No injury as far as I could see, could possibly have had something to do with the rules of the competition??
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 21:51   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Was there a bad injury to Conneely, subbed after 2 minutes!

FA 19.....Who always knows all about the minutiae making up the complicated game we know as Soccer ! , reliably informed me that Seamus only took the field to satisfy the rules relating to t'Paint Trophy That being that at least five of the starting eleven must have played in the previous League game...hence his brief appearance !.
Then Andy appeared and,I feel did all that could be expected of him on his return !
Thrilled to once again be there when our prima ballerina minced up to the ball on the penalty spot...sheer class !. Shame about the resultant kick though !....still one cannot have everything in life, and I will have to be content with the memory of Sean and the delicacy of his en pointe efforts !.
Bury are, in my opinion a very efficient and fit outfit, and should do well this season !

KTF.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 21:52   #9
Senior Member+

Enjoyed the game tonight and Burys pass and move football played with one,two touches was good to watch.
Just too quick for us,and they worked hard so players always had three options .
The positives were our keeper wasn't really tested and we made them play in front of us and our defensive shape was good.
They played with a false number nine,but switched it at half time and brought Pope on and this gave them a focal point and we were done time and time again with runners from midfield.
The penalty was a poor effort,but generally thought Sean had a reasonable game,showing a good first touch.
Good runout for our defenders as they will not play against anything better this season.
Lack of genuine pace is a concern in central areas,but I thought Billy did ok against decent centre backs
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 22:21   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Our number 9 is nowhere near league level yet imho. thought he had a very poor game, the young un that came on deserves great credit, did very well and in my view this cameo can only do him good. we thought seamus had done a hamstring or summat, he was clutching after that tackle.
Old 01-09-2015, 22:24   #11
Full Member+

I have to agree with many posters tonight. I don't think Mingoia had a bad game it seemed he was to good for the players supporting him. it seemed a weak team and the communication was terrible. I was relieved to see our Spanish player come on and score. Why he does not get a lot more games is err puzzling!! we have all the ingredients of the best squad we have had for a long time and we are in danger of turning into an average bunch of also rans. It seems to have gone downhill since the Hull defeat. if we don't stop the rot now, we will end up selling our supporters pure disappointment and that will be disastrous for the club.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 22:25   #12
Senior Member+

It's so we didn't get fined Cashy !!
Morgan isn't a number ten type of player,he probably needed a new set of lungs at half time
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 22:35   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Sorry Morgan aint a league player at this stage of his career as far as i can see,
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 01-09-2015, 22:48   #14
Full Member+

Just heard coley's interview about the Bury game. I don't believe he watched the same game as I saw. But the reasons/ excuses were exactly the same as last week and the week before. Sorry John but the time has come for action, Some of your signings will not make the grade, I respectfully suggest you axe some now. Teach some communication skills as the teams I have seen don't seem to have any. we have some quality players that put us in the play offs at least, we have to be able to change our game when needed. Failure to make the play offs, I think you would have to consider your position. it is up to you to change something before it is too late.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 23:27   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
Just heard coley's interview about the Bury game. I don't believe he watched the same game as I saw. But the reasons/ excuses were exactly the same as last week and the week before. Sorry John but the time has come for action, Some of your signings will not make the grade, I respectfully suggest you axe some now. Teach some communication skills as the teams I have seen don't seem to have any. we have some quality players that put us in the play offs at least, we have to be able to change our game when needed. Failure to make the play offs, I think you would have to consider your position. it is up to you to change something before it is too late.
Failure to make the playoffs is a bad season? Mental. So if we came tenth that would be a poor season? We've lost one league game and everybody has lost their heads. In terms of the league we are playing some silky stuff...just need to find our shooting boots.

In terms of tonight..Poor tonight and Bury deserved the win. 1300 gate showed the pricing was right. Good to see Proc back and he showed some nice touches on the edge of the area to make chances. Young lads showed endeavour and Etheridge looked solid.

If take two points from two tough trips to Pompey and Brizzle. Owt else would be a bonus.
Redash and Red-Osbornello like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..