Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2018, 10:19   #1
God Member

Smile Callum Johnson

Hate doing this, as I end up looking like a fool usually

After what was - in my opinion - a poor/shaky start to his Stanley career, I think that Callum will be our stand out player this season in League 1.

He has proved me wrong - though why I ever doubted Coley is a mystery - and apart from his flexibility/ability to play all over the park, he seems to have matured and rarely seems phased!!

That being said, if he plays today, he will get a straight red after 10 minutes

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-08-2018, 10:25   #2
God Member

Re: Callum Johnson

Don't do that Joe!! Was scared of reading the thread in case it said he'd left the club
Nervous enough today
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 10:36   #3
God Member

I too have similar hopes for Mr. Johnson after last season's performances; when I saw him I thought he appeared very composed for someone so young and had the look of a player who will only get better.
But I was loathe to tempt the Voodoo Gods of Football before the season started!
You're a braver man than me, Gunga Valairian.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 16:29   #4

Valerian - you echo my thoughts exactly. Not a good game today for him (at fault for the first goal) but he will come back stronger.
Chrisr likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 16:39   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Had a very poor game today, not on his own but thought he was the worst by a mile.
Old 04-08-2018, 17:17   #6
Senior Member+

Oh Joe!
You picked the wrong day to highlight Callum.
Yes he was at fault for pulling out of that tackle but the lad waltzed past a couple more of our defenders too before setting up his team mate for the first goal. Callum will learn from that and I think that he has a very bright future.
AccyMad and cashman like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 17:37   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Agree choirboy, but had a real stinker today imho.
Old 04-08-2018, 18:43   #8
Full Member+

He's a good footballer ,as the manager would say, but I'm not convinced that RB is his best position. I would like to see him contest the midfield spots and bring Rodgers in at RB.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 20:40   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
He's a good footballer ,as the manager would say, but I'm not convinced that RB is his best position. I would like to see him contest the midfield spots and bring Rodgers in at RB.
Think he might get bullied in the middle to be fair... probably wrong though... I'd rather see him right had side of midfield but when Clark is on form he'd be first choice.... Rogers best games for us came at centre half from memory
Old 04-08-2018, 23:33   #10
Full Member+

Not sure how this 'bullied' thing can only apply to midfield ? Surely if a player is the type that can be bullied, it will happen wherever he plays. Anyway, he's a young player learning his trade and he'll have to deal with that side of the game. I just think that Rodgers is better at tackling and defending and with Johnson as holding midfield and Clark/Mingoia on the wing it would be a very strong right hand side.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:25   #11
God Member

Midfield remains a work in progress.
Both Messrs Conneely and Brown are experienced and have their fine points but can be 'robbed' when in possession, whilst Nolan and Johnson are both young and still learning their trade.
I'm sure Coley and Jimmy are aware of the situation but we are Stanley and can't just buy our way out of such matters.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 10:20   #12

Million pound footballer for sure
Yes he made a huge mistake today and cost us the 1st goal
Have faith
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 10:23   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley nick View Post
Million pound footballer for sure
Yes he made a huge mistake today and cost us the 1st goal
Have faith
Alright Nick Johnson calm down man howay
Old 05-08-2018, 16:56   #14
Senior Member+

Well I was impressed with the way he and Clark combined up the right for the first 20 minutes or so. Then O.K. he missed a crucial tackle, but I can’t see how anyone could make him our worst player overall.
Old 05-08-2018, 17:19   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

It was easy we all thought he was. in fact someone behind us said he should have been subbed at half time. was a bad day at the office, unusual for him granted.

Last edited by cashman; 05-08-2018 at 17:22.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..