Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2021, 18:45   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Cam Burgess

today was just over 2000 so it was announced. 2077 the match report says,
Old 14-08-2021, 18:50   #17
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Yes we are but unlike in the past we are getting decent fees for players, which helps towards the upgrades to the stadium, once that is complete if we produce some more sellable players maybe then the playing budget may benefit. It certainly won't by fans through the turnstiles we seemed to have reached a high of 1800 or less as was the case today. Unless we can increase this to an average home crowd of plus 2500 we will continue as we are, a successful well run club competing above its weight.
Burnley was at home today as well!! n JC said he needed to bring in some experienced players in before the deadline also
Old 14-08-2021, 19:20   #18
God Member

Good bit of business if the fee is a third of the mentioned figure. Got him for nowt, had a reasonable but not exceptional year out of him, then got a fee.

The money for Janoi and Kayden has allowed us to have a ground that is no longer a laughing stock to the Conference North, let alone League 1 - maybe this brass allows us to finish the ground?
pifco, chevyfire, andyd and 1 others like this.
Old 14-08-2021, 19:23   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
today was just over 2000 so it was announced. 2077 the match report says,
With over 300 from Cambridge....... not wanting to sound negative, but had hoped for more......................................

mab likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2021, 20:00   #20
Senior Member+

Wasn't impressed with Burgess when I saw him in the flesh against Bradford.

If we've got 3/4 million for him, then that's good business in my eyes.
pifco, andyd and monkey hanger like this.
Old 14-08-2021, 20:04   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
With over 300 from Cambridge....... not wanting to sound negative, but had hoped for more......................................
Yes, the gate was the only disappointing aspect of today’s game. Expected a better turn out under the circumstances. But it was a great day for those who were there.
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2021, 21:08   #22
God Member

Post Re: Cam Burgess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Wasn't impressed with Burgess when I saw him in the flesh against Bradford.

If we've got 3/4 million for him, then that's good business in my eyes.
Totally agree.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2021, 08:31   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Listening to Coleys post match interview he says him and Holty are usually on the same page but not with this move, Coley wanted to keep him and hold out for more money but Holty must have got his way and at the end of the day the purse strings are ultimately his perogative and responsibility. Will some of the money go on the playing budget is what I would hope?
could it be a case of coley not being on the same wavelength as he knows already that he is going to get the minimum amount to replace burgess. for me i think stanley got a real good deal in this situation. no way that cam burgess is a 750,000 pound player. he has had some really good games but not all by a long way. i,d hate us paying that amount even if we could afford it.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2021, 08:34   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Yes, the gate was the only disappointing aspect of today’s game. Expected a better turn out under the circumstances. But it was a great day for those who were there.
not the most exciting fixture of the season plus there are bound to be some away on holiday at this time of the year.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2021, 08:49   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
could it be a case of coley not being on the same wavelength as he knows already that he is going to get the minimum amount to replace burgess. for me i think stanley got a real good deal in this situation. no way that cam burgess is a 750,000 pound player. he has had some really good games but not all by a long way. i,d hate us paying that amount even if we could afford it.
When we signed Cam he had been on loan at Salford from Scunthorpe were he didn't really set the world alight, remember reading their fans forum at the time and all said he was poor and weren't bothered about him leaving. He had a decent season with us and Cook has a cheque book to wave about like I said a replaceable player and an excellent bit of business, good luck to the lad were he will probably earn a lot more than we can afford to pay.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 15-08-2021, 09:05   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post

i hoped for more but did not expect 2000 to be honest.
Old 15-08-2021, 14:12   #27
God Member

Burgess move confirmed on web site as an undisclosed fee to Ipswich good luck Cam except when you play us.
Old 15-08-2021, 16:57   #28
God Member

Good luck to him, always thought he put in a good performance for Stanley and gave the defence a bit of height and stability.
Pressure will be on The Snake from his Yankee bosses from now to Xmess.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2021, 17:10   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

to be honest i hope so.good luck to cam but hate the SNAKE.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..