Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-11-2022, 07:46   #31
God Member

Re: Cambridge match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Whalley View Post
That's a reasonable take on things, Andy, and I hope you are right. A couple of things bother me. Firstly, whether the likes of Milton Keynes, Burton and FGR will continue to be as inept as they have been; I would certainly expect MK at least to strengthen in Jan and make a strong push to stay up. The other thing is whether we can solve our problems up front. We're competitive in the middle of the park, esp. with Mitch and Rosaire pushing up, and the attacking situations we create are good - Shaun has been an astute addition in my view. But our conversion rate could be better, and lads like Adedoyin and Sisay aren't going to sharpen up their games sat on the bench.
The striker scenario is a strange one Lowe,Woods both injured but personally think Woods is very green and a young lad who may or may not come good Lowe when playing looks very much a player from non league. Hardy and Delfounesue never get a look in so can only assume management don't think they are the answer. Sisse and Adeoyin are who they seem to be pinning their hopes on haven't seen enough of Sisse apart from the friendlies pre season and Adeoyin shows glimpses of being ok but wlll need handling with care until January when hopefully we bring a gem of a striker in.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-11-2022, 14:54   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

so if thats the case do you think its better playing without one andy? cos i sure dont.
Old 21-11-2022, 15:37   #33
God Member

Neither do I mate....

Surely if they are on the bench, they should be able to play?

If not from the start, they should be able to last more than 5 minutes?!?!?!

Good job Harvey has hit some form, but that will not last....

cashman likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2022, 20:03   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Neither do I mate....

If either Delfonso or Sissey don't feature against Grimsby I really can't see why they are taking up space on the bench......
Watchdog likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2022, 20:05   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Neither do I mate....

If not from the start, they should be able to last more than 5 minutes?!?!?!

Good job Harvey has hit some form, but that will not last....

anyone on the bench SHOULD BE fit to play imho.
Old 21-11-2022, 20:15   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
anyone on the bench SHOULD BE fit to play imho.
Coleman said in his interview today the bench at Cambridge was a healthy one and won't or can't be too many changes for tomorrow due to injuries and others presumably being unhealthy for the bench!
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2022, 08:09   #37
God Member

Professor Coleman clearly likes ‘strikers’ such as Billy Kee (of blessed memory) and Bishop, who can be up front on their own but can hold up the ball under pressure, when it’s booted up to them, to give time for reinforcements to arrive.
Maybe the current situation is because he hasn’t had a striker for several months, so the existing strategy has been the only option and the players have begun to make it work, and Coley doesn’t feel the ones who are currently available could play the Kee/Bishop role?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2022, 08:18   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Professor Coleman clearly likes ‘strikers’ such as Billy Kee (of blessed memory) and Bishop, who can be up front on their own but can hold up the ball under pressure, when it’s booted up to them, to give time for reinforcements to arrive.
Maybe the current situation is because he hasn’t had a striker for several months, so the existing strategy has been the only option and the players have begun to make it work, and Coley doesn’t feel the ones who are currently available could play the Kee/Bishop role?
wish people would stop making excuses for him.
Old 22-11-2022, 08:21   #39

Quote:
Yeah I get where your coming from Exile......but I don't think young Leigh can hold the ball up.....it never seems to stick and most of his flick ons go to the other teams defenders. Maybe Sissay will be the short term answer once he's fit (until Lowe can return).
Old 22-11-2022, 09:05   #40
God Member

Quote:
I think you are correct Exile, but was not it great when we had Grant and Symes and Jackson and Kee scoring week after week???

Sisay and Kode would cause havoc - in my opinion.....

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2022, 15:51   #41

Quote:
I think you are correct Exile, but was not it great when we had Grant and Symes and Jackson and Kee scoring week after week???

Sisay and Kode would cause havoc - in my opinion.....

Certainly worth a try.......
Old 22-11-2022, 16:44   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Certainly worth a try.......
And tonight’s tie would be a better a place to try it out than a League match.
cashman likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..