Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2005, 16:07   #61

Re: cambridge match updates

We are now 4th in table

Sorry Bazf we must have been posting at the same time (i'm a one finger typer)

Last edited by Bottletop; 20-08-2005 at 16:11. Reason: same posting
Bottletop is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-08-2005, 16:08   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottletop
Looks like you will only get paid in karma Harwood Red but thanks from me for updates.

Now some serious drinking is called for not just to drown sorrows but its Saturday night!!!!
Drink did you say drink, ooo me want some of that!!! As you say some cheering up is required

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2005, 16:13   #63
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
Still in top 6 just looked at the table and we are 4th only Exeter with full 9 points so not the end of the world. Cambridge were a 4th div side last year and are expected to do a Carlisle and bounce back up.
When you look at it that way, it doesn't seem too bad. Thanks for cheering me up a little, Bazf. However, an alcoholic mood-enhancer is certainly called for!
Old 20-08-2005, 17:19   #64

Talking Re: cambridge match updates

Firstly, all credit to Cambrigde but more importantly all is not lost - especially only 3 games into the season - some of ya are talkin like its all over!!! 1st defeat of the season - who gives a toss? We cant win every week and when the fixture list came out, this looked a tricky fixture and we got prepared for a defeat this weekend in the best possible way by winning the two games beforehand - dont worry guys, its Exeters turn for their first league defeat next weekend - like Jeff said - win our first two and loose our 3rd - like last season - at least it werent 5-0 but from the reports from a very good mate at the game, it could well have been. Aaaanyway, we are 4th, Alty and Southport are still nowhere to be seen so Im more than happy.. Just need to get the keeper situ sorted as I believe he had a nightmare today..

Havin sed all that. I have to agree with Bottletop - been down the boozer all day since the kick off of the Man U game -- back home now and slightly inebriated already and I already announced Im gonna get drunk as a bum tonight to everyone Beltin idea Bottletop - Im with ya pal!!! Bit of advice to everyone tonight - have beer

But before I get too wasted I suppose I better do the Prediction League

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2005, 18:46   #65

evening all just got back from cambridge, first 20 mins it was all stanley one of the biggest keeping blunders ive ever seen a shot from outside of area keeper gets hands on it and it slips through and tricles into net from that point onwards there was only going to be one winner, as for young Mr Feeron he was on the pitch before the game during the warm up and he looked quite useful he stayed with the team in the dugout for the match and waved to the ultras when they sung his name, as for the ultras they sang there hearts out for the lads ending the afternoon with an incredible 20 minutes non stop sing song + continued for 10 mins after final whistle.
Old 20-08-2005, 19:07   #66
Give, give, give member

Like Harwood Red said, I don't know how far away you were from the commentary box, but it sounded more like there were 1,036 of you, listening as I was to you on BBC Radio Cambridge, than the reported number of our fans. Well done.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2005, 19:17   #67
Junior Member+

Cambridge Fan here.

Bad luck today, in which was a hard fought match, also I agree with the above poster about the first 20 mins, good approach work but you seemed to be lacking in attempts on goal.

It reminded me of the game against Hereford earlier in the week, they were the better side for a time.

I am not sure why the poster much earlier in this thread is under the impression that Cambridge are expected to bounce straight back up to Div 2, and I have read this on various different forums, the club as you are aware has just come out of administration, and 3-4 weeks ago only had 3 players with contracts, all the rest that have played the first 3 games were all trialists until 2 weeks ago.
Maybe it is beginners luck, or maybe they are quite a good side in the making, I cant quite make my mind up yet.

Good luck for the rest of the forthcoming season, you have a decent side and I am sure that you will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.

Your fans were a credit to your club throughout the entire game, especially that git banging that drum, which also continued for 10/15 minutes after the game, I am told that they were asked to leave the ground by a steward or policeman.

Last edited by CUFC Fan; 20-08-2005 at 19:18.
CUFC Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2005, 20:03   #68
God Member

thanks for the post CUFC fan, again must be really nice people down there cos thats 2 fans and no nasty posts, so well done you. Congrats on your win today. As for bouncing straight back up, its generally thought that relegated teams are the favourites to go straight back up. Glad you were impressed by our fans aptly named "The Ultras" they certainly put on a good show.

Good luck for the rest of the season and we'll look forward to seeing you at the Interlink Express ground in January

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 20-08-2005, 20:21   #69

Like Harwood Red said, I don't know how far away you were from the commentary box, but it sounded more like there were 1,036 of you, listening as I was to you on BBC Radio Cambridge, than the reported number of our fans. Well done.

there was aproxamatley 80 stanley fans
Old 20-08-2005, 21:07   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidstoneaccy
there was aproxamatley 80 stanley fans
They quoted 36 on the commentary, did some of you sneak in with out paying???

Old 20-08-2005, 21:15   #71
rob

there were 130+ in the away end ten mins before kick off, with a good few in the main stand too... great support today, forza ultras...
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2005, 21:58   #72
Senior Member+

Just got back now

The game was crap int first half but we were the better side in the second.....

The support was fantastic, I cant speak properly now....the voice will be non-existant tomorrow!
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2005, 22:06   #73

harwood red in answer to your last question , yes i did
Old 20-08-2005, 23:50   #74
Senior Member+

not the best of games, was there any cambridge fans there

good singing by the ultras again

dont think the cows appreciated are songs though, miserable gits
Old 21-08-2005, 08:35   #75
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo T Hornblower
Aaaanyway, we are 4th, Alty and Southport are still nowhere to be seen so Im more than happy
Crikey, if you seriously expect two part time teams that have just been promoted to be challenging your established full time team then you must have a few problems!

Our ambition is to stay up this year and build from there. Yours I'd imagine is to get promoted. I certainly don't expect to finish above Accy!
mellowyellow is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..