Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2016, 18:08   #16
God Member

Re: Cambridge United MATCH THREAD

I personally thought it was an awful game today they came for the 3 points today because they want the play offs but I thought we were very nervous today and don't just pick on Mconville I thought we were poor up front today Windlass goes missing for the second balls and they won them all game but we got a point and move on to Luton tough game but if we are on our game 3 points for the taking.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-04-2016, 18:31   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
I personally thought it was an awful game today they came for the 3 points today because they want the play offs but I thought we were very nervous today and don't just pick on Mconville I thought we were poor up front today Windlass goes missing for the second balls and they won them all game but we got a point and move on to Luton tough game but if we are on our game 3 points for the taking.
There was a few had poor games today, conneely who is pretty consistent was very poor today, the difference being Sean Mc is consistently poor.with the occasional good game. shame some cant see that.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Old 02-04-2016, 19:18   #18
God Member

Cambridge obviously came with a game plan & stuck to it, in the end was relieved & happy to get the point but maybe, just maybe it's time we had a Plan B - obviously opposition teams have done their homework & have us sussed, if we want to achieve the promotion we deserve we need to be able to spring some surprises
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 20:06   #19
God Member

And here we go again with the let's blame it on McConville! Sean doesn't put himself on the team sheet every week so how is it his fault he's on the pitch? Admittedly he didn't have one of his better games but neither did a few of our lads, some looked jaded & after the clattering Billy got I thought he should have been subbed, bless 'im he was seeing stars when he went down in front of coppice end!
Maybe the lads are feeling the pressure of expectation, I don't know but for whatever reason we weren't at the races till.about half 4 when we finally got into our stride & a game of football broke out. Thankfully, other results were kind to us & hopefully we can get back on track at Luton next week - onwards & upwards Stanley!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 20:28   #20
God Member

They knew that our strengths are the overlap wing play and any ball to Billy sticking and moving play on. They dod a number on Sean, Piero and Billy ... none of those won a scorocc all afternoon. We won nothing over head height.

The referee obviously wanted a free flowing game of football rather than persistent stop/start for niggly bits of fouls, unfortunately that meant a free flowing game full of niggly bits of fouls. We are no angels when we want to rough house it, but I think to a man we lost the muscle battles
Old 02-04-2016, 22:28   #21

I think coley and Andy holt (for providing the funds) deserve credit for the mid season additions to the squad that have got us to the fringe of the automatic promotion places. Mark Hughes, Scott brown and now fosu have all contributed to the cause.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 00:45   #22

Thoughts on Scott Brown? Personally I think he's filled in for crooksey perfect creating chances an scores a few aswel! Could be a big player for us if we resign him!!
db1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:04   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
And here we go again with the let's blame it on McConville! Sean doesn't put himself on the team sheet every week so how is it his fault he's on the pitch? Admittedly he didn't have one of his better games but neither did a few of our lads, some looked jaded & after the clattering Billy got I thought he should have been subbed, bless 'im he was seeing stars when he went down in front of coppice end!
Maybe the lads are feeling the pressure of expectation, I don't know but for whatever reason we weren't at the races till.about half 4 when we finally got into our stride & a game of football broke out. Thankfully, other results were kind to us & hopefully we can get back on track at Luton next week - onwards & upwards Stanley!
its not a matter of blaming it on him, hes simply not good enough for the side consistently, its that simple, that aint his fault,any fool can see that,the blame lies on the selection of him,
smudgie and Revived Red like this.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:37   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
its not a matter of blaming it on him, hes simply not good enough for the side consistently, its that simple, that aint his fault,any fool can see that,the blame lies on the selection of him,
One of the easiest things in life is to find fault in something. One of the most difficult is to find praise. Particularly if your mind ia not open and already made up.

Sean imho has changed. I agree he does snap at chances and when he doesn't the keeper always seems to be there. However he does have more of a natural instinct to find himself in these positions than anyone else in the team (Billy aside). Regarding his work rate and tracking back it has improved 10 fold and has no less a work rate than a fan fave, Shay McCarten.

It's an argument against Cashy that you'll never win, so stop trying?

Personal opinions on yesterday's game, too many of our more influential players not at the races. Coonnelly, Kee, Mingoia. I suppose this was all Sean-s fault too.
baldy likes this.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:44   #25
God Member

for me we looked nervous all afternoon with a few players having an off day. our passing was not as good or crisp as we are used to. they worked very hard however and deserved something out of the game. disagreed with coley however about the ref. in trying to keep the game flowing it helped them more than us. hughsie and billy must have some heads today. subs made correctly and in time for once. as for fosu he scored a good goal and not far away shortly after. not overshure of him though as a team player as he wasted possession a few times after. hate to be coley next Saturday in team selection. does he change things or keep a side who have done quite well to yesterday.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:57   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post

Personal opinions on yesterday's game, too many of our more influential players not at the races. Coonnelly, Kee, Mingoia. I suppose this was all Sean-s fault too.
I already said that, also said the difference, the fact some cant take it on board,i can do sod all about.but i will always give my opinion. no-one has to like it.
Outback Ozzy and smudgie like this.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:13   #27
Senior Member+

Think it was Fergie who once said "if you listen to the fans it won't be long before your sat with them"!!!!
We got the the play offs with Sean in the team and we are on the brink of history with him in the team again.
The manager trusts him to do a job,and more often than not he does it.
You can't get to were we are carrying a player.
Piero is the wide,go forward player,were Sean's a midfield link who's touch allows others to link up.
All players have off days,many reasons,but for me he does what's asked.
The new lad is a great planB option,but has little experience of defending and switched off a couple of times yesterday.
Crooksey was missed yesterday for me,think his go forward instinct could have given us the edge.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:19   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Did we not get to the play-offs before with certain players in the side, who were not consistent? i know me memorys not what it was, but i'm sure we did.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:38   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Think it was Fergie who once said "if you listen to the fans it won't be long before your sat with them"!!!!
We got the the play offs with Sean in the team and we are on the brink of history with him in the team again.
The manager trusts him to do a job,and more often than not he does it.
You can't get to were we are carrying a player.
Piero is the wide,go forward player,were Sean's a midfield link who's touch allows others to link up.
All players have off days,many reasons,but for me he does what's asked.
The new lad is a great planB option,but has little experience of defending and switched off a couple of times yesterday.
Crooksey was missed yesterday for me,think his go forward instinct could have given us the edge.
Crooks has been missed since hes been injured in my view, right or wrong i regard him as our best player, yet in his early days,everyone could see he was never a main striker, in fact quite a few wanted to dump the lad,that was never the lads fault, but no-one has the guts imho to say who,s fault it was, what would Fergie have said about that?
Old 03-04-2016, 09:44   #30
Senior Member+

For me, Cashy is correct. The one thing that Mingoia does and McConville does NOT do is tackle even if it means getting hurt.The other point is Piero can run passed players Sean tries too often to run through them. Give the lad a rest. Fosu, when he came on was a revelation. The one thing I find strange is what about the other lad (Smith from PNE) not even on the bench. Why sign someone on loan and then they don't make the starting 18? The positives from yesterday. We did something that Oxford couldn't do, score against a very physical team, and we kept up the scoring at home record (the only team in all 4 English leagues to do that) and according to the stats, we WERE the better team. We were never going to win 7 games, but a point gained is better than no points at all. Luton away next (Brizzle are at Northampton so we could still be 3rd next Saturday). I think we will get 3 points next week.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..