Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2016, 13:08   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Cambridge United MATCH THREAD

Jacobsen got sent off for a tackle !!

Sean got himself sent off for being a stupid little boy for petulance if my memory is right!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-04-2016, 13:18   #47
God Member

If by petulance you mean retaliating after you've had a tooth knocked out then maybe you're right, Stevenage had bullied our players all over the pitch that night & been allowed to get away with it, think it was the last straw for Sean & yes it was daft to react but when you've been wound up to such a point how many can say they wouldn't have done the same
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 19:06   #48
Senior Member+

For my sins I attended old Trafford today and they take moaning to another level !!!
From start to finish they moaned and abused their team,even after they scored !!
Can't understand it as they pay a lot of money,and 90% are clueless ����
AccyMad and yonmon like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 19:29   #49
God Member

Maybe all the travelling to a home game puts them in a bad mood before they even get to the ground
Old 03-04-2016, 20:13   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Maybe all the travelling to a home game puts them in a bad mood before they even get to the ground
Class that.
Old 03-04-2016, 20:15   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
For my sins I attended old Trafford today and they take moaning to another level !!!
From start to finish they moaned and abused their team,even after they scored !!
Can't understand it as they pay a lot of money,and 90% are clueless ����
Well most are southerners, that explains it.
smudgie likes this.
Old 03-04-2016, 21:39   #52
Junior Member+

Well what an interesting game, let’s take a dispassionate view of proceedings.

Stanley didn’t play as well as they have done in previous games, however, Cambridge put it around and got their tactics bang on imo, very much a mid-table performance by them, there were imo a few fouls that were let go by the referee and Cambridge just continued putting it around. It appears to me the Stanley boys tried to get the ball on the deck and play football. As I sat close to the dug outs, the Stanley team did nothing but moan for the whole of the first half at the 4th official.

Coley, sat on the wall and never flinched, even when we went 1 nil down, How he did that I just don’t know.

I thought the Cambridge back 4 were superb, strong and dealt with most long balls and the one on one situations. The Stanley subs were made bang at the right time. You also have to remember that Stanley haven’t conceded for a few games, so that would have been a shock to them.

Overall, given the performance I will take the point and on to the next game, we really need to make sure we come away from Luton with 3 points, as thing move forward goal difference could well be an issue, let’s hope we can put a few post one or two of those lower teams.
King Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:25   #53
God Member

shows how far we have come in a year. last season we would have been delighted to come back from a goal down to get a point.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 09:17   #54
Senior Member+

Highlights:
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:37   #55

Leaving aside the family connection, if we try and compare our two regular wide mid-fielders, we are always going to have a problem as they are two different kinds of player. Piero is hard working and industrious and gets up and down the pitch, he is much easier to appreciate as you can see his work rate. Sean on the other hand doesn't appear to work so hard, he doesn't get stuck in to tackles. His attributes are better appreciated when he is going forward, he's more creative and has a better shot on him than Piero. So when either or both of them don't play so well its easier to suggest that Sean is rested. You know that even if Piero doesn't play all that well he will still work hard for the team and make a contribution.

As for our new on loan wide mid-fielder, he got a dream substitution on Saturday and scored a great goal. On that basis, I will be surprised if he doesn't start against Luton. As to who he will replace we will just have to wait and see?
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 13:14   #56
Senior Member+

No point getting into the McConville debate again...Circles!

I'd be hesitant to start Fosu on Saturday, Although he did look good on Saturday and took his goal well maybe he would make a better impact player with his speed and trickery?
Old 04-04-2016, 18:15   #57
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
No point getting into the McConville debate again...Circles!

I'd be hesitant to start Fosu on Saturday, ?
Why, Baldy? Here we have a Championship quality footballer obviously bursting with energywho has pace, the ability to go outside or inside his full back and deliver a great cross, plus is a composed finisher. Nobody suggests that James Vardy should be an impact sub as he can finish anytime between 0 and 90 minutes. What on earth is there to lose with giving Fosu a start? John can always sub him with Sean if he fails to deliver!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 19:05   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Why, Baldy? Here we have a Championship quality footballer obviously bursting with energywho has pace, the ability to go outside or inside his full back and deliver a great cross, plus is a composed finisher. Nobody suggests that James Vardy should be an impact sub as he can finish anytime between 0 and 90 minutes. What on earth is there to lose with giving Fosu a start? John can always sub him with Sean if he fails to deliver!
Oh, I'd love to see the reaction if that scenario were to happen - AccyWeb would go into meltdown
Old 04-04-2016, 19:23   #59
Senior Member+

Let's not get carried away with Fosu,he's a lad with bags of pace and a few tricks,but he's a winger and in league 2 you have to be more of of a midfielder ( piero soon learned that)
Seen loads of lads like him,but the reality is he is coming up to 21 and only started half a dozen league games.
For me he's a good plan b option, and we should be realistic and not see him as the next big thing.
Everyone knows I watched a lot of 18/21s football and it's a massive step up to league football,I hope the kid has a great career,but he's still a lot to learn and were we are at I would go for experience every time
AccyMad, baldy and maccawozzagod like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 19:39   #60
God Member

On a similar vein, there is a player I'd like to see us in for come May. Connor Mahoney.

He hasnt had a look in at Ewood since Lambert took over and needs games somewhere before he drops out of the game ... pretty sure he'd be open to either a loan or a permanent transfer back.

Armine 'Machine' Linganzi dropped out of favour at Gillingham and then disappeared :-(

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..