Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2016, 20:33   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Cambridge United MATCH THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Let's not get carried away with Fosu,he's a lad with bags of pace and a few tricks,but he's a winger and in league 2 you have to be more of of a midfielder ( piero soon learned that)
Seen loads of lads like him,but the reality is he is coming up to 21 and only started half a dozen league games.
For me he's a good plan b option, and we should be realistic and not see him as the next big thing.
Everyone knows I watched a lot of 18/21s football and it's a massive step up to league football,I hope the kid has a great career,but he's still a lot to learn and were we are at I would go for experience every time
My point exactly F19!

Lets see Fosu come off the bench a few more times when opposition is tiring and see what he can do, until then Sean gets the nod from the start for me!
Old 04-04-2016, 21:27   #62
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
His attributes are better appreciated when he is going forward
Now I understand!!
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 22:28   #63
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Now I understand!!
Ha ha ha! You are awful.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 18:10   #64
Senior Member+

Would love to see Mahoney back in a Red Shirt
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 19:00   #65
Senior Member+

Can't see it smudge,just turned 19,development coming along nicely in the 21s,maybe next season the first team will look at him again and if he's not quite ready,will probably be loaned to a first division club.
Then again we might be one !!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 16:59   #66
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Oh, I'd love to see the reaction if that scenario were to happen - AccyWeb would go into meltdown
Wow, AccyMad, that is some opinion! So Sean is now to be considered undroppable? Just consider some facts:-
He has managed the princely total of 5 goals this season from 38 starts - not exactly the "free scoring" midfielder as per Football 19's now notorious pre-season welcome. Scoring only one in 8 games average is worrying enough, but worse is that he has failed to score in any of the last 15 games! MacCarten manages one goal in every 3 games started, with Josh coming in at one in 2. Even our non-scoring "striker" Crooksey has scored more goals than Sean. He has completely lost the plot in front of goal along with any composure he used to have, his shots too weak to burst a paper bag, let alone trouble any competent Div2 goalie.
But never mind, F19 assures us that he plays intelligently, is trusted by Coley, plays neat and tidy, gives us variation and is "experienced", and even made a tackle in our penalty area once, so that's all right then isn't it?
If he cannot be dropped, without meltdown on the messageboard, in spite of all this, then the complacent lunatics have truly taken over the asylum.
smudgie likes this.
Old 06-04-2016, 17:11   #67
God Member

Think my comment was misunderstood, of course any player is potentially droppable - I was just imagining the euphoria which would be felt by some if Sean didn't start & was dropped to the bench & how deflated they might subsequently feel if he was brought on after all as a sub - purely a light hearted observation I assure you
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 17:38   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
Think my comment was misunderstood, of course any player is potentially droppable - I was just imagining the euphoria which would be felt by some if Sean didn't start & was dropped to the bench & how deflated they might subsequently feel if he was brought on after all as a sub - purely a light hearted observation I assure you
I understood you perfectly and thought it was a very funny post - but then I don't have such fixed views as some on this subject (amongst others) ......
AccyMad likes this.
Old 06-04-2016, 19:27   #69
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Ok, Accy. All a bit too subtle for my old brain.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 06-04-2016, 19:29   #70
God Member

But he's the joint 29th highest assist maker in the league and Stanleys 3rd with 5 assists). First name on t'sheet
AccyMad and Red-Osbornello like this.
Old 07-04-2016, 03:05   #71
Senior Member+

Your post made me smile Redtaine !!!
My posts are an opinion,but for the record Sean's got six this season,double what Pieros got ,therefore if goal scoring is key,he gets dropped first !!
Food For thought,piero walked away with the player of the year awards after getting eight goals in a season,so if Sean gets another two,will he be bestowed the same honour?,now that would send Accyweb into meltdown
AccyMad and baldy like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 07:13   #72
God Member

Sean got the 'Golden Boot' for best goal of the season in his last season with us in 2010/11 - it was v Hereford if I remember rightly - see he has got his uses, any goal against them was always worth that little bit more
Old 08-04-2016, 19:42   #73
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Sean got the 'Golden Boot' for best goal of the season in his last season with us in 2010/11 - it was v Hereford if I remember rightly - see he has got his uses, any goal against them was always worth that little bit more
The biggest use to him is a relative.
smudgie likes this.
Old 08-04-2016, 21:21   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The biggest use to him is a relative.
Oooooooo! That's harsh! Guessing Sean won't be getting your vote for player of the season then?
cashman likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..