Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2004, 19:10   #1
Junior Member+

Angry Car Damaged near Ground

Wondered if by any chance anyone saw anything today at Accrington Stanley, parked car on Manchester Road (main road between Crown Pub and the road down to the ground) (Livingstone Road) when we got back sombody had driven right down the side of the car, causing quite a lot of damage to it
I know most fans were in the ground like me but you never know........
if anyone saw anything would you either post or ring Lancashire Police on 01254 382141 quoting LOG 293 EQ/030404
Crappy end to a brilliant day Thanks for reading peeps
Accrington Web
Old 03-04-2004, 22:07   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Car Damaged near Ground

Sorry to hear that very sad news mate

come on everyone lets keep our eyes open for any damage on neigbours cars/ taxis etc, imagine if it was your car !!!

Any colour paint left on your car jimbo???????????
Old 03-04-2004, 22:36   #3

Lightbulb Re: Car Damaged near Ground

Ive got a theory - main road - possibly a bus??? Was it high enough for a bus bumper?

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Old 04-04-2004, 11:59   #4
Junior Member+

Thanks for the replies Guys,
the paint left on it was light coloured possibly white or grey and my car is a light blue mondeo, the point of impact was about the wing mirror and door handle height so it could easily have been a bus, I am just amazed that with the amount of damage nobody following saw anything because it is such a busy road.
Old 04-04-2004, 12:17   #5

Angry Re: Car Damaged near Ground

No witnesses at all? I know some of the Accy buses are maroon and cream - the lower half being cream (if I remember correctly).. Get the police to check the bus depots

My car got damaged similarly when I was residing in Manchester but it was on the wing at the front passenger side. It was parked outside my house and there is a post office and a sorting office opposite where I had parked. The entrance to the sorting office is usually used as a turn around spot for people going to the post office so some idiot has reversed into my wing dented it and sodded off. Its still there as well coz Im not prepared to loose my no claims to get it sorted - gutted - there are some very dishonest people in this world when it comes to things like this ....

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Old 04-04-2004, 12:43   #6
Senior Member+

Think the Pilkingtons buses are cream coloured,might be worth checking them out.
Old 04-04-2004, 12:49   #7
Junior Member+

Thanks Very Much, the more i think of it the damage is consistent with a bus and the paint marks are certainly cream in colour and even more I remember a bus picking up fans from outside the crown after the game when the traffic was bedlam.
I wonder............................................ .................................
Old 04-04-2004, 12:49   #8

do they go on whalley road though?

Terrible when no one owns up.

Someone must have seen something!

ab
Old 04-04-2004, 12:52   #9
Junior Member+

If it was that bus, anyone know any fans who might be on it who might have seen something ?
Old 04-04-2004, 13:00   #10
Junior Member+

Phoned the police again and they said unless I had a witness who actually saw something thay were not prepared to go down to the bus company depot
Old 04-04-2004, 14:10   #11
Full Member+

It was chaos on Whalley Road 20 mins before the match. A policeman had to guide one of the buses (can't remember which colour) between the parked cars on one side of the road and the traffic on the other side. They couldn't back up to get out of the way as the queue was all the way down to the Whinney Hill traffic lights.
Old 04-04-2004, 14:48   #12
Senior Member+

It makes me mad and I live in a different country, have you tried calling Chester to see what coachs were being used for the supporters and if you get no info try a few of these.
http://iccheshireonline.icnetwork.co...siccode=53000a
Best of luck!

Old 04-04-2004, 15:50   #13

I realise this is a little off topic but i know how your feeling.
Last august on the way to work a truck from a local haulage firm decided to try to squeeze between me and the central res at clayton lights and hit me. The loving driver decided he would just drive off. After reporting it to the haulage company and being told Prove it! i went to the police with a witness whom i work with who had got most of the registration, the police said there was nothing they could do because my witness was an associate. Great aint it! 2 yars no claims down the pan grrr....

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
Old 04-04-2004, 16:42   #14
Junior Member+

Wingy, I didnt think anybody would have seen anything but it was worth a chance,

but in your position with a witness it must be doubly frustrating

(the police said there was nothing they could do because my witness was an associate. Great aint it!)

Maybe you should have gone to a solicitor

Cheers Mate
Old 04-04-2004, 18:27   #15
I am Banned

it wasn't me
Closed Thread

« Time | Well done »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..