Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2016, 15:00   #1
Resting in Peace

Carlisle match thread

Coley has been strengthening the bench recently, but will he change his usual subs policy now we are struggling before it's too late? Carver on with minutes to go will hardly cut the mustard.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-02-2016, 16:15   #2
God Member

Re: Carlisle match thread

Was a tad under the weather today & couldn't go, glad I didn't risk it & chose to have a duvet day instead as sounds like at best a dodgy performance.
That said, Morecambe could've done us another favour - had they managed to score either of the two, yes two penalties awarded to them Mansfield wouldn't have gone above us causing us to drop to 8th - I'm half convinced the Shrimps did it on purpose, jealousy is a terrible thing
yonmon likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 16:49   #3
God Member

Bugga
AccyMad and sherry like this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 18:28   #4

Total garbage! Just witnessed the worst performance of the season helped on by incompetent match officials. Can't make any positive comments about any of the team with the exception of perhaps Ross Etheridge. Nuff Said.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:24   #5
God Member

[QUOTE=keep the faith;1160480]Total garbage! Just witnessed the worst performance of the season helped on by incompetent match officials.

I predicted we would loose this one as soon as I saw eltringham was the so called ref. that decided me to stay at home. have we ever won a game with this incompetent in the middle. we seem to get him at least twice a season and seems to have issues with us. not liked in Doncaster either.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:59   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
Total garbage! Just witnessed the worst performance of the season helped on by incompetent match officials. Can't make any positive comments about any of the team with the exception of perhaps Ross Etheridge. Nuff Said.
Have to agree with you about the ref was useless but that doesn't explain our lack lustre display Carlisle got lucky with both goals but they deserved the points becoming a bit of a bogey ground for us I've never seen us score here and we would,nt have scored today if we were still playing let's hope it's just a blip and we hammer them in 9 day's in what could be a fiesty game.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 09:46   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Have to agree with you about the ref was useless but that doesn't explain our lack lustre display Carlisle got lucky with both goals but they deserved the points becoming a bit of a bogey ground for us I've never seen us score here and we would,nt have scored today if we were still playing let's hope it's just a blip and we hammer them in 9 day's in what could be a fiesty game.
sound like the Morecambe away game this season. as coley said we wont win every game but lets hope its only a blip and get 6 points in the next two home games.
got to agree could be a feisty game in 9 days time and hopeing for a fair ref. that day but probably my other favourite Jeremy simpson will get it.
Old 07-02-2016, 12:16   #8
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
sound like the Morecambe away game this season. as coley said we wont win every game but lets hope its only a blip and get 6 points in the next two home games.
got to agree could be a feisty game in 9 days time and hopeing for a fair ref. that day but probably my other favourite Jeremy simpson will get it.
You've either a good memory or guessed well!! Jermery Simpson is current scheduled to take charge of the Accy v Carlisle game as he was selected for the fixture on Boxing Day
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 12:22   #9
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1160505]
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
I predicted we would loose this one as soon as I saw eltringham was the so called ref. that decided me to stay at home. have we ever won a game with this incompetent in the middle.
Four times!

H v Cheltenham 2009, 4-0
H v Barnet 2010, 1-0
H v Burton, 2011, 2-1
H v Bristol Rovers, 2013, 2-1
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 17:54   #10
Senior Member+

Hopefully put yesterday behind us and go on another run now!

Big game on Saturday with Orient playing Northampton, Plymouth playing Mansfield and Portsmouth have Bristol Rovers at home!
Old 07-02-2016, 18:08   #11
Senior Member+

Last edited by baldy; 07-02-2016 at 18:10. Reason: Double post
baldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:40   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
You've either a good memory or guessed well!! Jermery Simpson is current scheduled to take charge of the Accy v Carlisle game as he was selected for the fixture on Boxing Day
thank you Mr T I have guessed badly. anymore bad news for me would be appreciated before I turn to drink. thank god I have not got a hospital check up in the near future. I feer the worst to come.
Old 08-02-2016, 19:00   #13
Senior Member+

Oh dear. I have been feeling 'REET GLUM' since Saturday. I couldn't go to the match but I was hopeful that we could come away with a point at least. Must win next saturday in order to maintain our place near the top!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 20:04   #14
Senior Member+

Hey, we cannot win every game (but it would be nice). So the team had an off day, back to normal this Saturday, hopefully. It would have been nice to come away with a point but it was not to be. Lets get behind the team against Creepy Crawley on Saturday and then Carlisle at our gaffe the following Tuesday. Apparently, one of their supporters believes they will bring 1200 for a Tuesday night! If so, we could be looking at 2500 to 3000 on the gate. I will believe it when I see it.
monkey hanger likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2016, 18:20   #15
Senior Member+

Our lads are clearly going to be UP for tomorrow night's match. We will of course miss Crooksy and Shay but the lads coming in will know what they have to do.
Pierro has a very positive interview recorded on the Fishy site.
Those of us on the terraces and in the stands can also do our bit tomorrow night.

After a kind welcome to Joycey We should then make it hell for him and his new mates.
MAX VOLUME and COLOUR should be the order of the night and we can urge our boys on to a victory in order to maintain our place up near the division leaders!
COME ON STANLEY FANS
ON STANLEY ON!
cashman and Kiwi John like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..