Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2017, 16:42   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Carlisle match thread

All our mob thought he deserved MoM. but then we were probably sober.
Old 21-01-2017, 16:50   #17
Full Member+

A good point but it could have easily been three if we had made substitutions earlier. Billy was not in the game second half and should have come off. We have a striker on loan from Hull so why not use him??? The goal from shay was a cracker. Although shay was short of on fitness as is Billy. Rogers should have been man of the match for me, he was a class act. Davies was brilliant with his pace. The Don came on and that was the game changer. Beccles was good today. He and the Don showed true class as did the loan players, The lad from Sheffield was a live wire but should have been on sooner. This part of our tactics let us down badly today. We should have used all three subs but we didn't and come away with a good point. I believe we could have won that game. There was a good crowd today which is more like it. We still have a communication problem with our regular players yet the loan players made some fantastic passes. Maybe there lessons to be learnt there. The girl who worked the line on our side was brilliant, She must have been the best official we have had at our ground this season I don't think she made one wrong call all afternoon. But let's take the point and build on that. I felt bad for Matty pearson as he did get the ball and maybe judged a little harsh depending on the angle the tackle was seen from.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 16:57   #18

Thought Billy Kee did an excellent job of harassing them and stopping them play it out of defence. Not sure its fair to suggested the substitutions were not on the ball as tactically we rescued a needed point.

At 1-1 with ten men I'm not sure putting someone that we signed the day before was the right idea but on saying that he did look the part.
AccyMad, baldy and Kiwi John like this.

Last edited by widnes viking; 21-01-2017 at 17:01.
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 17:13   #19

Chrisr - it's official! Your glass is half empty.
AccyMad, baldy, Chimer and 1 others like this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 17:16   #20
Full Member+

I thought the straight red was harsh as Matty did get the ball , the Carlisle player no 12 hesitated before going into a dramatic roll worthy of an Oscar , but the ref bought it,radio commentary said he was limping badly.?????????? he continued to run and player 90 mins, that's how bad a tackle it was. A lot sat near us all said the same, not a red card. I hope Stanley appeal it BUT I have only seen it live, have yet to see a replay.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 17:18   #21

A great game to watch. Exciting, entertaining and noisy. The team played more as a team than usual. Romy, Shay and Sean played very well, but Rodgers was immense. Really makes us look threatening at corners, constantly looking and reading the game, fast and good in the tackle.

Injury time was amazing. A joy to watch, where normally I'd be cacking king me panties.
Greeny likes this.
Old 21-01-2017, 17:19   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Be interesting to see it on telly, it looked a defo red to us, but we are opposite side of clayton end so a fair distance away. Mind we also thought their yellow was red, looked last man to us.
Old 21-01-2017, 17:23   #23

Greeny - an appeal would be a waste of time. It was not a really stupid tackle (I've seen worse) but it was too hard, a bit dangerous and sadly merited a red.
baldy likes this.
Old 21-01-2017, 19:20   #24
Senior Member+

Clear red. It will eventually happen to a player like Matty because he always tackles like a brute. Look back at it. If that was on our winger and player hadn't walked there would have been a riot.
Great backs to the wall performance.
Felt for Boco though - out of position out of sorts and well, out of the game.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 19:53   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Clear red. It will eventually happen to a player like Matty because he always tackles like a brute. Look back at it. If that was on our winger and player hadn't walked there would have been a riot.
Great backs to the wall performance.
Felt for Boco though - out of position out of sorts and well, out of the game.
Were you watching the same game? Matty's red card should not have been, it was directly in front of us & am in no doubt he got the ball, very very harsh especially considering the tackle on Shay at the other end not long after was only deemed to be a yellow!
And Rommy, out of the game - really? He was all over the pitch doing what he does best, at times rescuing the ball from the opposition when they looked dangerously close to getting in front.
Overall, a cracking game & the point gained felt as good as a win- well played lads
Greeny likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 20:03   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Aye Di but yeh can be dismissed for Intent as far as i know, he had to go for me.even J.C. says as much.
Old 21-01-2017, 20:07   #27
Senior Member+

I was Accymad and telling you now that was a clear red. As for our disagreement over Boco ....... each to their own. Be interested to hear any other views.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 20:07   #28

Good performances all over the pitch today. I would also include Sean - given a difficult job covering in defence whilst still trying to pose an attacking threat, played some good corners in - which I think has been a weakness for years, but recently seems to have finally come good. Shay is at his best when running at a defence and stays on his feet!

Injury time was good fun, great to see the players still up for it and willing the crowd on - they must have been out on their feet after some long spells defending.

Feeling optimistic about the remainder of the season.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 20:07   #29
God Member

For so bad a tackle their lad certainly made a miraculous recovery! According to their reporter it was an atrocious tackle but then again he thought he was commentating from the Ribble Valley - soon put him straight, on both counts
Old 21-01-2017, 20:11   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I was Accymad and telling you now that was a clear red. As for our disagreement over Boco ....... each to their own. Be interested to hear any other views.
It's all a matter of opinions, that's football but have seen much worse tackles than Matty's go unpunished or just given a yellow card & Romy, can't do any wrong in my book

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..