Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2017, 20:15   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Carlisle match thread

Accymad - so unless you injure someone badly you can't get a red ? Get a life. You can go for intent these days. Have a look on the footage if you get chance and tell me honestly what you'd have thought if one of ours had been tackled like that.
monkey hanger likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-01-2017, 20:24   #32
God Member

Get a life?! Who the hell do you think you're talking to - I was speaking as I saw the tackle which as I said was directly in front of us & yes, I know Matty can sometimes go in a bit hard but as I saw it he got the whole of the ball, I did not say it wasn't a red because no-one was injured! Their lad made it look worse than it was by rolling around but was soon up & running once the card had been shown - I'll watch the highlights tonight & if it shows anything different I'll hold my hands up.
The ref was easily conned on more than one occasion today & that incident, in my opinion, was the start of it
Greeny likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 20:49   #33
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Chrisr - it's official! Your glass is half empty.
I think in football you have to be brutally honest at times. Rommy was playing out of position and was out of the game for long periods, He is a striker not a defender. He did run around a lot but it was wasted energy much of the time. This changed when your man the Don came on and played his usual classy game. Rommy did not have to play so deep. That made a big difference. I am a fan of Billy Kee's but he is still expected to do too much, He took a battering today that should have been stopped by the ref. At half time it was obvious he was struggling. He does not seem to have been fully fit all season. This would have been a good time to play the loan striker maybe first with Billy on the bench, This would have been a better tactic and more so when Matty was sent off we knew the team would be stretched. This is where we should have used all our subs. Carlisle did. Which was a big compliment to our players who were getting the upper hand against their eleven, We showed spirit today and could and maybe should have come away with three points. As for the glass being half empty I would suggest it is nearer 3/4 full. I was proud of the team today. I do struggle with signing players and not using them. People said why put a player on that you have only just signed the day before. err did we not do that with the player from Sheffield and look what he did. The striker from Hull would have been a fresh pair of legs at a time that we needed them. But overall it was a great improvement in attitude and spirit.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 20:57   #34

From where I was standing (behind the goal) Matty's challenge was two footed, off the ground, just an awful tackle. I'd like to think he didn't intend it like that, but it was as clear a red card as I've seen in a long while.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
baldy likes this.
chopper5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 21:16   #35
Senior Member+

Bang on mate.
Old 21-01-2017, 21:42   #36
Senior Member+

Really enjoyed the game today,full of passion and desire.
Think Matty went for intent and theTV backs this.
Think Coley needs a bit of credit.would have been easy to leave one up front and go 4-4-1,but he went three at the back and left two up top.
Three centre backs were disciplined and really put a shift in and the wing backs (Bocco and Sean) were brilliant.
Carlisle tried to make the pitch big and moved us around,but the lads were up to the challenge and rarely switched off.
Unfair to pick a MOM as so many put a shift in,even the keeper looked composed .very happy and would have taken a point with eleven men never mind ten !!!
cashman and yonmon like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 08:16   #37
God Member

[QUOTE=AccyMad;1186075]It's all a matter of opinions, that's football but have seen much worse tackles than Matty's go unpunished or just given a yellow card
like the assault on romy the end of last season. he actually was injured
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 10:47   #38
Full Member+

I was sat with Accymad and what she says I back up 100% , others sat around us agree too. The Cumbria reporter even comment the ref had bought some of the decisions that Carlisle was had him believe . The fans stood behind the goals , did any of you see the hand ball ??? the ref didn't , but we all did, it went on to allow Carlisle to score their goal.
AccyMad likes this.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 11:12   #39
Senior Member+

Greeny - what about the goal they scored from the free kick ? Didn't get a good view. Why did he call it back ?
You don't think Matty's red card was right ?
Old 22-01-2017, 11:19   #40
I am Banned

We are now the 3rd dirtiest team in the league with 43 yellows and 6 reds
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 11:26   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
We are now the 3rd dirtiest team in the league with 43 yellows and 6 reds
that shows we are not subtle enough or not cheat enough.
AccyMad, cashman and Greeny like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 11:51   #42
Full Member+

Thought he was called back as the ref had not blown to allow the free kick.
cashman likes this.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 11:57   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
Thought he was called back as the ref had not blown to allow the free kick.
That was exactly why.!
Old 22-01-2017, 12:48   #44
Senior Member+

Only disappointment for me yesterday was the stick the fans give joycey.
Always give 100% for Acci,top lad and he even had a drink in the crown after !!
Still a great player as well
chevyfire likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 13:03   #45
God Member

Didn't hear any stick aimed at Luke today,was praying he wouldn't score mind you but surely he didn't get any abuse? No need for that if so, true gent Mr. Joyce
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..