Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2006, 21:50   #136

Smile Re: Cart on Stanley - New Music Track

I was only jokin but if you do decide to come to Paphos on holiday, make sure you bring a guitar and give me a heads up

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-10-2006, 22:05   #137

Re: Cart on Stanley - New Music Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
When I first heard the song it didn't do much for me but then I found myself actully singing it and listening to it again it's grown on me, so much so that I'm now using the ringtone and will happily tell anyone who hears it that they can buy the full version from the Info Centre in the Town Hall. Cart on Celtic Cross. BTW where did the name Celtic Cross come from ?
Glad you`re coming round.
The name Celtic Cross pronounced KeltiK comes from the Crossbreeding of Celtic Music and a wide range of other musical styles. no Small amount of Punk Rock, some Reggae, Ska, Indy, metal and country into the genre we call Turbofolk. It`s got nothing to do with Celtic FC although we have played quite a few supporters clubs around the country, (mostly due to singing a real good version of "Fields of Athenry") we even had the Scottish league cup at one of our gigs last year. Most people think that Celtic means Irish, Scottish or Welsh but seem to forget that England was Celtic before all that, and some of us still are (even if my great great great great gran was Sh****d by a Viking). Did you know that Fenian is derived from Phonoecian, and that they sailed from today`s Lebanon to settle in the Emerald Isle and are therefore originally immigrants despite their banner waving. (ever listened to "Dope for Guns" by the Ruts) They get pretty upset tho if you mention it. The Irish are probably our best audience (largest number anyway) but I still love to wind `em up, after a gig most of `em don`t believe we`re English. Anyway like it says in "Multiculture" from our album "Folk de Future" it aint about where you come from it`s about the person you are, and I`m a right tw*t.
Why can`t I write a nice simple post on here that`s not a flamin essay ?
Footy`s coming on t` telly I`m off.
Bye

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2006, 22:06   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo T Hornblower
I was only jokin but if you do decide to come to Paphos on holiday, make sure you bring a guitar and give me a heads up

Jimbo T blower
Aye we`ll have an acoustic sesh

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2006, 23:15   #139
God Member

was a really good night tonight for all those that missed it, great songs not all just the stanley related stuff which was good to hear

stranded in pounland is great!!! but best listened to live imo, keep up the good work zero

ps keep an eye out for an exlusive interview with zero in the next issue of he fanzine!!!

and buy the CD for stanley!!!!!
Old 13-10-2017, 17:19   #140
God Member

No idea how I just found this thread purely by chance but WAHEY, just been playing the CD loudly through Paddium.

Great to be reminded of so many of the users of this forum who no longer post or are no longer with us.

Cart On Reds, Cart On
Outback Ozzy likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..