Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2006, 03:08   #91

Re: Cart on Stanley - New Music Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod
I'll certainly try to sell a few copies before the Walsall game. Sounds simple but I'm not a music person, but can you not just stick the barcodes on any old piece of paper and then 'launder' the three quids and the barcodes through a friendly music outlet?
That sounds good enough to me. I know you offered to go round with some, I`ll go round too I`m Getting 3000 so we count up how many`s left, subtract and we know how many bleeps to make. Maybe Lyndsey @ Music Zone will have something to say when she gets back off Holidays.
It would make a big impact if we could do a gig on the day so anyone who wants that get on the clubs case cos I need a definite with enough time to sort out the logistical nightmare that might ensue. UK cowboy`s gonna back us up but we`ll still need a dry run at the very least.
Anyway I still need to talk buisness with the club yet but it`ll probably down to the likes of me n U to give it the big push.

Blah blah I should go to bed I`m babysitting this morning Blah Blah

Good gig in Kendal tonight, met Tristan Savage the guy who`s idea this all was, so blame him. Played I love the smell 1st time live went down great (and Kendal FC generally hate us, we normally play at the Rugby club)

Just go to bed you incessant maniac !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Night Night

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-10-2006, 10:57   #92

For anybody wanting to come and see a live performance by Celtic Cross we will be appearing at The Farmers Glory on Blackburn Old Road, Haslingden this Wed 4th October at 9 P.M. We will definitely be playing live versions of Cart On and I love the smell. We mixed a backing track for Stanley`s Back on Monday night but It might not be performance ready by then, it mat also be a bit heavy man for the predominantly folk crowd up there.

Keep on Rockin` in the reasonably inexpensive World

LUV
Z

www.panjenix.co.uk
Old 03-10-2006, 11:05   #93

Should definatley release the single, would be UK Top 40 hit
Old 03-10-2006, 11:49   #94

It`s being replicated as we speak

www.panjenix.co.uk
Old 05-10-2006, 01:47   #95

Last week I sent promotional copies of the Stanley`s Back E.P. to 2BR, Radio Lancs, Red Rose and the BEE. I dont listen to radio cos I`m far too busy making music of my own. If you listen to these radios and don`t hear any airplay you could always phone in requesting tracks. They dont have the excuse of not having a copy. If you do hear it let me know by a post on here or a PM (post would let everyone know). Thanks again to everyone who keeps giving us the positive feedback.
Countdown to Bilko NOW ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Cheers
LUV
Z

www.panjenix.co.uk
Old 05-10-2006, 10:47   #96

I have a promo copy of the "Stanley's Back" EP, and will play it at the Swindon game, and all forthcoming home matches. Excellent work Zero - you have done the club proud!!!
Old 05-10-2006, 11:43   #97
Resting in Peace

The Tannoy Man is coming in your ears!!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Eurghhhh!<!-- / sig -->
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 19:40   #98

Aye aye, Matt from Hi-Fi Copies here.

'Cart On Stanley' is a cracking tune, it's been stuck in me head all week.

Made up to be doing the CD, I'm Everton FC but always had a soft spot for Stanley since I was a kid (yeah, because of that advert) - I know you've got a few Scousers in the side, but can anyone tell me if any of them are Blues?

Been playing it in a couple of pubs before gigs down here, and it seems to go down right enough, especially when it gets to the end.

I'm going to get a toffee mate of mine on the radio down here to play it on his morning show as well.

Best of luck for the season - might come and see you when come down Christmas to play the Gas

Cheers
Hi-Fi Toffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 19:57   #99
Senior Member+

Our skipper Peter Cavanagh played for Liverpool but is an Everton Fan..
Phil Edwards is a blue as is Gary Roberts...
Old 12-10-2006, 01:35   #100

Hi There

Just to freshen up this post a little bit !

As you can see from the earlier post from Matt the Replication of the CD is well underway and we look almost certain to achieve the target release date of the 21st of October for the Walsall game. I`m working on the logistics of a matchday performance, I still need some extra radio gear and the blessing of the weather is tantermount. If I can test and am happy we`ll go for it. Or do I mean Cart On.
For now any budding guitarists can visit
http://www.celticcross.co.uk/news/stanleychords.htm
where you can find out how easy these songs are to play and come up with your own versions before it`s even released. (I never listen to the original when I`m making a cover)
Dont forget to phone your local radio stations for requests from the Stanley`s Back E.P.
I`ve ordered some Celtic Cross T-shirts, Red with white print I hope to bring them on the release day, support your local scruff pub duo and smarten yourself up with some of them (Gildan ultra cotton T durably screenprinted) For a Fiver Treaks ! I`m cutting me own froat geezah.
Yes folks it really is true that Celtic Cross CDs and T-shirts retail at just £5.
The Stanley CD will sell at £3. Which is as cheap as we can manage as you can see from the total transparency of this transaction. You do the Math we`ll do the Punk Rock !

www.panjenix.co.uk
Old 14-10-2006, 23:16   #101

OK the CDs are in town. They arrived on Friday and there are some at the club now. The official release will go ahead as planned on the 21st OCt when Stanley play Walsall (but you could probably get copies from the shop anytime from now if you`re mad keen).
After the 21st the CD should also be available from the town hall as well for anyone who struggles to get into the club shop for any reason.

We will not be doing a matchday gig but instead will be doing a full concert in the Sports bar on Thursday 26th October which will be a fundraiser for the club so get plenty of people down. We`ll be playing 2 full sets through our usual gear so I think that will work out more worthwhile than trying 2 songs through a completely alien device and never really ending up with it sounding like you wanted it to.

Anyway there`s no Ifs or buts now the CDs are here so please buy heartily, they`re not extortionate at £3 it`s gonna raise some money for Stanley (how much depending on how many we sell, plus other live benefits we have arranged) and lets not forget the original objective of uniting the Stanley crowd in song, one voice in chorus, the ammunition of support. When this stuff catches on there`s loads of great sing along bits that can ring around the FES if everyone`s got a copy i think you`ll find it fun. It`ll definitely boost the continuity in the support. I myself imagine just how intimidating "HOO HAH HOO HAH Stanley`s back and on the attack !" sounds when chanted simultaneously by a few hundred people.
All three songs are written full of love and praise for Accrington Stanley without once finding need to deride opposition or proclaim superiority, and represent the standards of the sport of football from the times when Accrington last graced the league, those of Sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct, and for the return of those standards with Stanley as it`s flagship.
CRAAACCCK!!!!!!!!
Ooooops me soapbox just broke.

I think Ive said enough, Please buy the CD.
Cheers
LUV
Z

www.panjenix.co.uk
Old 14-10-2006, 23:38   #102
Senior Member+

Right, fancy the gig on 26th, can't beat live music.

Just checked my collection and the CD will be going between Captain Beefheart and Charlie Parker.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2006, 23:42   #103

I`ll lean on Beefheart then.
Safe as Milk !

www.panjenix.co.uk
Old 14-10-2006, 23:45   #104
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
I`ll lean on Beefheart then.
Safe as Milk !
There's always a Stanley connection with everything these days.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2006, 23:48   #105

Hey I`ve always wondered who did the kid in the advert end up playing for ?

www.panjenix.co.uk

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..