Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-08-2012, 20:59   #1
Senior Member+

Carver.........

Smashed in a hatrick tonight for Marine.

Thats 4 goals in 2 games.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-08-2012, 12:21   #2
God Member

Re: Carver.........

Well done to the lad. Let's hope he keeps it up and we'll be seeing more competition amongst the first team strikers.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 15:00   #3

way to go Marcus, find that net on a regular basis and we'll look forward to you having no fear to do the same in league 2.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 01:42   #4
Full Member+

Keep up the good work...keep banging them away !!! I'm sure it's not gone un-noticed by Cooky !!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 06:46   #5
Senior Member+

I really like how Cooky is sending the young lads out and giving them game time, which can only be a good thing in my eyes.

I hope the likes of Stockdale and Dixon will also be sent out.
Old 24-08-2012, 07:54   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
I really like how Cooky is sending the young lads out and giving them game time, which can only be a good thing in my eyes.

I hope the likes of Stockdale and Dixon will also be sent out.
Love the kids being sent out, not sure about young dixon, think he has the most potential,of any of our young strikers,? still whatever Cooky reckons is fine wi me.
Old 24-08-2012, 11:37   #7
Senior Member+

Its an important part of a young players development.
From youth team to first team is a massive leap,and now there is no reserve games,its a must really.
There is no substitute for playing,which in turn breeds confidence.
Young Carver(who i think is a good propect) will have to work hard and keep his desire,and when he gets a chance --take it !!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 11:43   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I also think Carver is a fair prospect, but personally fer me Dixon has the edge at this point.
Old 24-08-2012, 13:48   #9
Senior Member+

Not for me. Dixon has never even played a 1st team game yet where as Carver has looked a bright prospect whenever he has played.
Old 24-08-2012, 14:52   #10
Senior Member+

to be fair they are two different types of players,and normally younger propects get a run up front or on the wing(were least damage can be done if things go pear shaped!!).
Therefore Carver will probably get his chance first,but both players have something about them.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 15:06   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Not for me. Dixon has never even played a 1st team game yet where as Carver has looked a bright prospect whenever he has played.
Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
to be fair they are two different types of players,and normally younger propects get a run up front or on the wing(were least damage can be done if things go pear shaped!!).
Therefore Carver will probably get his chance first,but both players have something about them.
Agree carver will probably get a shot first, but its all about opinions, i can only go off what i have seen wi dixon pre season, whereas have seen a bit of carver last term fer youth also, the fact dixon aint played a first team game is irrelevant to me, cos whilst carver showed potential he certainly didn't look ready to make the step up yet to me. By the way Grays been called up fer N.I. under21s, so things aint looking too bad to me.
Old 24-08-2012, 15:22   #12
God Member

Regular football is a key factor especially for progression as F19 says my slight worry is we have a large squad no reserve team although friendlies can be arranged behind closed doors to give players a run out as well as loan deals as we are seeing at the moment but I also presume it will also be hard to keep everyone happy but I suppose that balances up by keeping players on their toes knowing there is competition for places.

I also think Marcus Carver is the real deal and if he stays focused and reaches his potential he will go on to have a superb career.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 24-08-2012 at 15:25.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 17:28   #13

Bring him bk
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 17:11   #14
Senior Member+

Scored another today.

Marine won 4/4

Old 27-08-2012, 17:14   #15
God Member

Quote:
Scored another today.

Marine won 4/4

How could Marine win 4-4
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..