Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2007, 17:20   #46
God Member

Re: Cash bid for Conference striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafferz View Post
Do you not realise who we are?

Err no!.......But we do realise WHERE you are.................

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-01-2007, 17:27   #47
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Seriously. I was mereley asking you lot why the Hell you think your club made this bid?
I think your fellow supporter tonker answered this question with his quote "I can only think that Whalley sees this as some kind of Google Page Ranking exercise."
I will not argue with that as its plain to see that it was never a serious bid and I really don't know what its all about.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 18:04   #48
Junior Member+

Quote:
You're no football superpower
Compared to you we are.

Last edited by Rafferz; 18-01-2007 at 18:07.
Rafferz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 18:21   #49

Smile Re: Cash bid for Conference striker

Personally I dont see no harm in asking - Coley was criticised on here for having no ambition a few days ago - whats more ambitious than trying to attract Donaldson into league football - coz Coley and the rest of us know for definate - he aint gonna get it at the KitKat. And Rafferz dont get too cocky coz when a club comes in for Donaldson with an offer that can match the greedy superpower of a chocolate football club you follow, he'll be off and youll be forever non league...

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!

Last edited by Jimbo T Hornblower; 18-01-2007 at 18:25.
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 18:42   #50
Resting in Peace

How sweet to hear again fans from the Conference's self-deluding "bigger clubs" who we left fuming last season. Why don't they just type in green letters?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 19:02   #51
Senior Member+

The whole thing is decidedly tinpot
Old 18-01-2007, 19:07   #52

Quote:
Compared to you we are.
Keep Dreaming

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 19:18   #53
God Member

Think they have gone for a break

Old 19-01-2007, 09:49   #54
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
How sweet to hear again fans from the Conference's self-deluding "bigger clubs" who we left fuming last season. Why don't they just type in green letters?
The only thing that left us fuming was your prick of an assistant and Mr. Proctor Green, who somehow managed to get a job as linesman in a European semi final.

I'd like to know how we're "self-deluding". 11 years ago we were within a minute of what is now the Championship. 13 years or so ago, we were playing at Wembley, while you were watching your kids play cricket in the back garden. Or maybe watching Burnley? I hear that's a favourite of the Accy fans.

Also how come we took so many fans down to yours they couldn't actually get in, and all you could muster was 350 Burnley fans and a man and his dog.

I'm happy to continue this petty argument all day long because, as you well know, our Kit Kat factory is in such a bad state that there is no longer no work for me. What can a chocolate man do with himself? Can't go out in the rain, can't go out in the sunshine, can't ewen work anymore.
Rafferz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 09:55   #55
God Member

Quote:
The only thing that left us fuming was your prick of an assistant and Mr. Proctor Green, who somehow managed to get a job as linesman in a European semi final.

I'd like to know how we're "self-deluding". 11 years ago we were within a minute of what is now the Championship. 13 years or so ago, we were playing at Wembley, while you were watching your kids play cricket in the back garden. Or maybe watching Burnley? I hear that's a favourite of the Accy fans.

thats why self deluding, yourselves, and Hereford, Exeter etc all seemed to think you were still that club and had a divine right to hog the top of the table. You've got to remember that you are no longer there and are only as good as you're league position. Which last season was worse than ours for all of you.

Also how come we took so many fans down to yours they couldn't actually get in, and all you could muster was 350 Burnley fans and a man and his dog.

because you are a superpower

I'm happy to continue this petty argument all day long because, as you well know, our Kit Kat factory is in such a bad state that there is no longer no work for me. What can a chocolate man do with himself? Can't go out in the rain, can't go out in the sunshine, can't ewen work anymore.

best part of the post. Self deluding but also self depreciating. Cart on Minsterman.
Old 19-01-2007, 09:56   #56
God Member

You're self deluding because all your 'glory moments' you're referring to are in the past. Wake up and realise it's where you are now that counts. Seems like you lot are still believing that you don't actually belong in the conference cos you think your too good for it when in reality if you were too good for that league you wouldn't still be there!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 10:46   #57

Transpires that the only formal bid we received from you was £25,000 + a player. You didn't even make a six-figure offer. A complete waste of fax paper.
tonker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 11:36   #58
God Member

Would it really have mattered if the bid was £25,000 or £250,000 - it still would have been a waste of time cos as far as your club is concerned he's not for sale.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 11:36   #59
God Member

We offered what we thought he was worth based on his performances against us last year. Did nowt so we offered nowt. Worth having to bolster the squad, but it is only this year he has had a purple patch and scored a few, albeit in a considerably weaker than average Conference.
Old 19-01-2007, 11:43   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
We offered what we thought he was worth based on his performances against us last year. Did nowt so we offered nowt. Worth having to bolster the squad, but it is only this year he has had a purple patch and scored a few, albeit in a considerably weaker than average Conference.
Not a smiley in sight, and correctly so!

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..