Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2010, 09:30   #16
God Member

Re: Change of Crest

I thought it was a joke when i was told about this, and thought great another thing i will be out of date on as not got new shirt (now thinking phew ). From a reproduction point of view, the badge is hard to re create in other formats leaving embrodiery being the main expensive option and not much in competition for prices for the club. A simplified version would open a few more doors for merchandising production. Think the fans should have input into it as then it would feel OURS, but means hands in pockets for us tho if they get products cheaper then we should reap a cheaper price in store then that would be fair enough.
Posted via Mobile Device
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2010, 09:34   #17
God Member

Though looking on fishy site, noticed badge change where the town motto is, they have changed it to asfc - now im confused ?? Hope that isn't it or what a waste.
Posted via Mobile Device
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2010, 09:47   #18
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Accrington Stanley F.C. Crest & Club History Nowt wrong with what we have IMHO! Leave well alone if the club wants the town's population to embrace the club keep the crest as it is!! its part of the towns heritage which is reflected in the club and towns crest
Old 21-02-2010, 09:52   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Accrington Stanley F.C. Crest & Club History Nowt wrong with what we have IMHO! Leave well alone if the club wants the town's population to embrace the club keep the crest as it is!! its part of the towns heritage which is reflected in the club and towns crest
Exactly my view.
Old 21-02-2010, 09:58   #20

What I find difficult to understand is that something as important as changing the club crest was first communicated to fans in the Commercial News page of the Stanley programme.

Did the club not feel a decision like this deserving of a more high profile launch or were they just going to spring the new crest on us at the end of the season?

Was the decision to change the Crest made by the Commercial Department alone or one made democratically by members of the board?

' The new emblem HAS been designed to mark the new beginnings of the club' ...quote Saturday's programme.
Sounds like they have been working on this emblem for some time!

The new beginnings of the club should reflect openness and transparency whilst involving the Community that the club serves.

Whether or not we agree on a change of Crest , we, the fans must be consulted.
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2010, 10:05   #21
God Member

Smile Re: Change of Crest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
"core theme", "imperviousness", "brand", how long before we start banging on about "mission statements" in this headlong descent into third rate marketing bull?

You don't "tidy up" a piece of history - you preserve it and take pride in it!
You obviously did not read the Fulham programme then WH

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2010, 10:06   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyhouse View Post
The new beginnings of the club should reflect openness and transparency whilst involving the Community that the club serves.
In which case the club crest should be the Hyndburn one shouldn't it ?

Quick question for the traditionlists. Would people be happy if the current crest was simplified in some way, or does it have to remain as is ? By the way I have no knowledge of what the new one is, I'm just curious if a slight change would be acceptable or there is a very strong view it has to remain as is.
Old 21-02-2010, 10:08   #23

Our Mission Statement:

'We are the team of players where not all the players wear shorts,
developing for our supporters and for our community, to aspire for pride
beyond the 90th minute.
Together we are Accrington Stanley'
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2010, 11:11   #24
Senior Member+

There are lots more pressing issues for anyone at our club to be working on

How about getting the Stewards to talk to fans like human beings for one......

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2010, 11:17   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
There are lots more pressing issues for anyone at our club to be working on

How about getting the Stewards to talk to fans like human beings for one......
and so say all of us.
Old 21-02-2010, 11:29   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by loweiy View Post
However I have had some design work done by Acedmey print and they are superb..........
P.S not an advert for Acedemy but I was blown away by how good they were
???

Should this be Academy?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2010, 11:56   #27
Senior Member+

Leave it as it is!!! I like it as it is now, nothing wrong with it at all.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2010, 12:08   #28
God Member

Question Re: Change of Crest

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyhouse View Post
What I find difficult to understand is that something as important as changing the club crest was first communicated to fans in the Commercial News page of the Stanley programme.

Did the club not feel a decision like this deserving of a more high profile launch or were they just going to spring the new crest on us at the end of the season?

Was the decision to change the Crest made by the Commercial Department alone or one made democratically by members of the board?
' The new emblem HAS been designed to mark the new beginnings of the club' ...quote Saturday's programme.
Sounds like they have been working on this emblem for some time!

Whether or not we agree on a change of Crest , we, the fans must be consulted.
Well as I think that most of us know, at least one of the current Directors, does occasionally post on this board, so I think that we should wait and see what transpires! I am sure that for the sake of Transparency and openness, we can await a reply!!!! After all isn't it our club

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2010, 12:12   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Well as I think that most of us know, at least one of the current Directors, does occasionally post on this board, so I think that we should wait and see what transpires! I am sure that for the sake of Transparency and openness, we can await a reply!!!! After all isn't it our club
Trouble wi that joe if ya wait, could be too late, trust has yet to be earned in my book.
Old 21-02-2010, 12:36   #30
Senior Member+

Why replace something thats not broke?

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..