Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2010, 18:35   #76
God Member

Re: Change of Crest

All of the designs had a white background, what I would like to know is - will the white be embroidered onto any garments etc" or will it be left out?
Reason - the Accrington Stanley text was in red, that wouldn't show up too well on a red shirt unless the white was embroidered too.
Can't remember the numbers but I liked the top one, the circular one and the shield one, probably the shield one would win it for me, didn't like the bottom two on the page

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-03-2010, 18:52   #77
God Member

The winner for me would be option three. It's the town crest inside a shield which resembles the shape of the badge on the pre-'62 shirts. Think that'd be a nice little nod to our history

At a glance the circle one looks like Aldershot's!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 18:57   #78
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
The winner for me would be option three. It's the town crest inside a shield which resembles the shape of the badge on the pre-'62 shirts. Think that'd be a nice little nod to our history

At a glance the circle one looks like Aldershot's!
That was the best of the Bunch, what was the Dragon or Sea Horse design all about?

I hope the Club have not paid for these designs as I think as was mentioned earlier in the Thread it would have been a nice competition for the Kids to come up with

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 19:25   #79
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Circular one and the shield one Although the Circular one would get my vote also my lads liked this on as well
Old 07-03-2010, 12:13   #80
Junior Member+

on number 5 that is the lion and the stag from the town/Hyndburn crest- I didn't like that at first -but after looking again -that would be a good change with the motto under neath-

if we change - might aswell have a unique club design

the others are basically no change with a shield outline- same as Bury, Burton others have done,

bit controvertial maybe - but I'd go for number 5
stewthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 13:53   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewthered View Post
on number 5 that is the lion and the stag from the town/Hyndburn crest- I didn't like that at first -but after looking again -that would be a good change with the motto under neath-

if we change - might aswell have a unique club design

the others are basically no change with a shield outline- same as Bury, Burton others have done,

bit controvertial maybe - but I'd go for number 5

i agree with the number 5 option but i think it would look even better with the actual crest instead of wat they got there now
The clitheroe kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2010, 13:14   #82
Resting In Peace

I believe that the Club have made a decision on the new crest but as far as I know they haven't been bothered to tell anybody
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2010, 13:27   #83
Full Member+

Another chance for a moan, Jeff. Must be great!
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2010, 14:03   #84
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgobbin View Post
Another chance for a moan, Jeff. Must be great!
I was under the impression that I was making a statement not moaning Oldgobbin, but it seems like you are moaning about me making a statement, must be great Oldgobbin.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2010, 17:39   #85
Senior Member+

Girls, really !
Old 04-05-2010, 16:03   #86
God Member

Smile Re: Change of Crest

New Emblem.

Tuesday 4th May 2010.

Accrington Stanley have officially launched a new club emblem.

The new emblem was presented to fans at Saturday’s fixture versus Chesterfield, as part of a substantial change to the way the club is branded. The new design will be featured on the club’s future kits for the first team, reserves and youth squads, training wear and replica kits as well as all stationery, signage, and merchandise.

The new 2010/11 Accrington Stanley away strip which was bearing the new club crest was also showcased to the supporters at Saturday. However the previous logo, the town crest of Accrington, will still remain on the current red home strip for the 2010/11 Season after the club pledged supporters an 18 month strip in December 2009.

The brand was produced by local design company Academy Print at the Media Village, after successfully winning tender for the big project. Speaking about the new brand ASFC Marketing Manager Martin Edmundson commented “the whole process for the club’s new emblem has been very thorough, from selecting the right company to deliver the project, right through to ensuring the fans and supporters could also input on the matter.”
“The club are very happy with the final product as it marks a professional new era at Accrington Stanley whilst maintaining the valuable history and heritage of the town and the club.”

The club’s previous logo was the town crest of Accrington, where the local council held rights over the image that was used by Accrington Cricket Club.

Think it looks OK personally and is nice on the new strip

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 16:10   #87
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Think the new crest looks well, seems all the adult away shirts have sold already wi it on, was in shop around 1-30 n the cupboard was bare.
Old 04-05-2010, 17:23   #88
God Member

Shame that those that bought the new red shirt this season get a free badge with new crest on so blends with the new branding.
Posted via Mobile Device
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 18:41   #89

Looks a bit too much like Rochdales kit, but they did get promoted!
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..