Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2018, 21:06   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Charlton - Finley is our new god!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I was sat with the Charlton fans actually and two eminent Stanley fans.
They were fuming with their team !
Who was fuming? The Charlton fans or the "two eminent Stanley fans"?
AccyMad likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-08-2018, 21:07   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeg Red View Post
They say football’s a game of opinions and we all see different things in a game. A number of people commenting that they thought Ben had a good game, however, I just didn’t see it. He gave a wholehearted, commited performance (he always does as he’s that type of player), however, I felt he just didn’t use the ball well enough and gave it away too often from unpressured situations. I appreciate he’s filling in and it’s not his natural position - my measure is ‘does he match up to being an effective L1 standard left back’.

If we’re to survive in L1, we need more than effort, we need to add quality into our assessments of who plays well or not.

Thought Johnson was decent, however their goal was from that side and too similar to one of the Gillingham goals. Finlay was our stand out player from my viewpoint. As I said as the start, all about opinions!
Also This time not an opinion a fact Johnson was on the other side in the LM position covering in after a corner while Sean was covering RB for Charltons goal as. they got past Sean far to easily which I’ll let him off for his class peformance against Bristol Rovers. Top man is Sean but can’t defend ��
Accynewcomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2018, 21:47   #33

Lee Bowyer certainly wanted to his players to get the message.
'It's just not good enough!' appeared at the end of almost every sentence.
I guess it's all about expectation. As a former Premier League side, Charlton & their fans are wondering how the hell they ended up in league 1 playing little old Accrington Stanley & worse - failing to get the better of them.
We, on the other hand, are delighted to be in league 1 & will be even happier if we're still there at the end of the season.
At the end of the day, Lee Bowyer's sole purpose is to get Charlton promoted, just as John Coleman's is to keep us in League 1.
All Saturday proved was that you underestimate Accrington Stanley at your peril.
You have to win respect. Let's hope that before the end of the season, teams will actually be happy to achieve a point at the Wham.
MikeA, Chimer, Revived Red and 1 others like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2018, 22:38   #34

Well said Lord Stiff.

mr Cashman, please note that this is how you express a balanced opinion on something rather than suggesting someone gets an IQ test.
I know you must feel a big clot for all the anti-Sean/anti-Coley rubbish you’ve spouted in the past but surely you can put that behind you and be a bit less bitter?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2018, 07:31   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Well said Lord Stiff.

mr Cashman, please note that this is how you express a balanced opinion on something rather than suggesting someone gets an IQ test.
I know you must feel a big clot for all the anti-Sean/anti-Coley rubbish you’ve spouted in the past but surely you can put that behind you and be a bit less bitter?
Not at all i just say my opinion call it what you wish, i stand by it. I call people when i reckon they deserve it and praise when they do, which is summat else you fail to grasp, so it proves to me my I.Q. suggestion was very near the mark.
Revived Red likes this.
Old 21-08-2018, 07:48   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
So, in one breath he's saying no disrespect to us but in the next that a point against us isn't good enough - whatever Mr.Bowyer
think he will not be the last to come on moaning after their side have dropped points to us. some think they have just to turn up at the wham and the points are there for em. its a blessing in disguise for us against arrogant sods.
AccyMad, cashman and Revived Red like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2018, 09:06   #37
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeg Red View Post
They say football’s a game of opinions and we all see different things in a game. A number of people commenting that they thought Ben had a good game, however, I just didn’t see it. He gave a wholehearted, commited performance (he always does as he’s that type of player), however, I felt he just didn’t use the ball well enough and gave it away too often from unpressured situations. I appreciate he’s filling in and it’s not his natural position - my measure is ‘does he match up to being an effective L1 standard left back’.

If we’re to survive in L1, we need more than effort, we need to add quality into our assessments of who plays well or not.

Thought Johnson was decent, however their goal was from that side and too similar to one of the Gillingham goals. Finlay was our stand out player from my viewpoint. As I said as the start, all about opinions!
Have to agree I said to the lads next to me that the goal was a just the same as the Gillingham goal
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2018, 10:31   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Who was fuming? The Charlton fans or the "two eminent Stanley fans"?
The Charlton fans obviously.
The other three breathed a sigh of relief.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2018, 21:07   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Lee Boyer.......
"At least he didn't trot out a load of excuses about the ref, the pitch, they way we played. His anger was at his own players."
He slipped up! He could have blamed our CHANGING ROOMS!
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 06:30   #40
God Member

Apparently Lee Bowyer was left fuming again last night, accusing that nice Mr. Evans of bullying the referee to gain a penalty (surely not!!) & depriving his team of a point - he's not a happy bunny
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 08:47   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
The Charlton fans obviously.
Hardly
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 14:12   #42
Senior Member+

? your point is ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 14:24   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Apparently Lee Bowyer was left fuming again last night, accusing that nice Mr. Evans of bullying the referee to gain a penalty (surely not!!) & depriving his team of a point - he's not a happy bunny
Well thought Bowyer displayed on that short video last night, exactly what he is.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..