Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2021, 21:55   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Charlton match

We won it on Sky, we won it on Sky
Old 08-01-2021, 21:55   #47
God Member

Great stuff STANLEY
choirboy likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 21:57   #48

Wow! First time in ages I got to watch a game. Really impressed by the overall quality.

Sir John knows a bit about this game I reckon. I suppose Colby wins MoM or maybe Baxter, but Nottingham’s quality was a pleasant surprise. Liked what I saw of Butcher, too. But I’d be listing the whole time if I was to mention those I Liked. Because it was a great team effort!
Greger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 22:47   #49
Full Member+

Got on sky just in time to see first goal so dam ********
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 23:25   #50

And I got to know what Zhŭlt karton means in Bulgarian as a bonus!
Greger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 23:39   #51
Senior Member+

Having watched the match on Sky, I cannot, in all honesty, pick one man of the match. Yes Colby scored 2 goals, yes Baxter was brilliant between the sticks and yes, the whole team performed as a unit and snuffed out any threat from Charlton. Good to see Gary get a few minutes on the pitch. A sterling performance that sends us up to nose bleed heights, nice to hear Chris Powell praising Stanley and saying he can see us finishing top 6.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 23:54   #52
Senior Member+

For anyone who paid for 24 hours of Sky Sports, Lincoln v Peterborough is live at noon tomorrow. And Ipswich v Swindon at 5pm.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 08:10   #53

Best game I've seen for a long time. A credit to both teams and a good advert for league 1. Both teams played in the spirit of the game. Stanley were impressive, though.
Taypot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 08:42   #54
God Member

Well played lads, fantastic performance & result - not only that but at the end of what was a difficult, very sad day you gave our family a little smile & for that we thank you
Greeny and choirboy like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 09:23   #55

Immense team performance that must worry the socks off our rivals watching it. Thought Lee Bowyer's disappointed criticism of his team rather ignored how good we were against a team favourite for promotion.
choirboy likes this.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 10:31   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
One aspect of Sky Sports is that is valid for two devices. So my daughter got to watch it as well.
only one tele in the house so i had to put up with the constant stanley had better win as i,ve missed corrie for that comment in my left ear. she actually ended up enjoying the game.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 13:22   #57
Senior Member+

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...0-2-accrington

Just watched the highlights, two minutes! ........Colby Bishop took both of his goals superbly. Also showed a couple of really good saves by Baxter.
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 13:35   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

ta mate hadnt seen the game so was great to watch.
choirboy likes this.
Old 09-01-2021, 13:45   #59
God Member

Second goal even better than the first!
Well done to all the squad and management for a brilliant result and start to the New Year.
cashman, Greger and choirboy like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 18:51   #60
Full Member+

What a treat for any of the neutrals watching on live TV. We played some really good stuff and received good comments throughout the whole game from the Sky pundits.
cashman likes this.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..