Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2017, 20:25   #1
Senior Member+

Checkatrade Trophy -v-Blackpool

My lad has bet me that, when Blackpool come to the Wham on 3rd October in the Checkatrade Trophy, the gate will be less than 1000. He initially estimated 300. In an effort to win his tenner, I am bringing 4 mates over. I urge you to help me - make a note in your diary now. By then, the outcome of the Oyston -v-Belokon court case may be known. I think there will be a good contingent of 'Pool supporters - they will be prepared to come over even though they will not enter Bloomfield Rd whilst Oystons are in charge.
Chrisr likes this.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-08-2017, 21:25   #2
God Member

Re: Checkatrade Trophy -v-Blackpool

Unfortunately, your son might be right Bob - quite a lot of fans don't agree with the new format for this competition & the gates last season weren't the best if I remember rightly
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:41   #3
God Member

didn,t go to any chechatrade games last season. used to attend em regularly before this u23 rubbish came in. if we have a chance to qualify to the next stage i,ll go to the snake game though.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:49   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
didn,t go to any chechatrade games last season. used to attend em regularly before this u23 rubbish came in. if we have a chance to qualify to the next stage i,ll go to the snake game though.
I've not hear
d the term 'snake game' before. Is it what a PNE supporter would call a game against 'the donkey lashers', ie Blackpool ?
Old 10-08-2017, 10:24   #5
God Member

No Bob, it's the Wigan game - Paul Cook aka 'The Snake' now manager of Wigan
Old 10-08-2017, 16:51   #6
Senior Member+

any further information about Oystons court case?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2017, 10:44   #7

This competition normalises big clubs having more than one team. It's the thin end of a wedge that could force small clubs like ASFC out of the League altogether. Supporting the games implies acceptance of this long-held policy of EFL. Boycotting it shows we are implacably opposed to the idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
AccyMad, cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 27-08-2017, 11:01   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

That is one tournament i would NOT go too if it was free, i am Vehemently opposed to it.i did used to go to em until the under 23 rubbish was introduced.
AccyMad, accybeme, Chrisr and 1 others like this.
Old 27-08-2017, 12:56   #9
Senior Member+

Nothing heard on the Oyston saga - The result is to be announced in October. Belokon has resigned his position on the board of the club. I am getting the drift about this half-baked competition.
Old 27-08-2017, 17:15   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
That is one tournament i would NOT go too if it was free, i am Vehemently opposed to it.i did used to go to em until the under 23 rubbish was introduced.
I completely agree with you cashy : unfortunately when family members want to go I feel obligated to attend
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2017, 17:42   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
I completely agree with you cashy : unfortunately when family members want to go I feel obligated to attend
I;m glad mine dont live local or even i may have been compelled to go.plus they aint football fans so safe as houses.
Old 27-08-2017, 19:02   #12
God Member

I'm afraid that once again this season I won't be attending any of the Checkatrade trophy games which is a shame as the club are really trying to attract fans to them with the low admission prices but to me the cheap tickets reflect how the competition has been cheapened by the EFL.
I'll very likely spend more than the equivalent to a ticket price at the club in other ways, extra 50/50 draw tickets or suchlike but I won't be at any of the games
Old 28-08-2017, 08:01   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I'm afraid that once again this season I won't be attending any of the Checkatrade trophy games which is a shame as the club are really trying to attract fans to them with the low admission prices but to me the cheap tickets reflect how the competition has been cheapened by the EFL.
I'll very likely spend more than the equivalent to a ticket price at the club in other ways, extra 50/50 draw tickets or suchlike but I won't be at any of the games
did the same last season. attendance means you are in agreement with the new format non appearance means you are against it. used to turn up to these games as it really does give the club the chance to play at wembley which might wake the locals up but again the sweet FA have knackered it up for me.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2017, 19:19   #14
Full Member+

With the Oyston protest and the upset Stanley fan protest, guess the attendance will be like a Dutch auction without the bulbs.
Bob Dobson and Chrisr like this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 17:34   #15
God Member

I'm torn whether to go or not. Monkey Hangar is right that attendance would suggest that people arent bothered about the format BUT I really want to reward Andy's gesture regards the pricing.

This competition is a real chance of Wembley, pays half decent prize money for winnable games, and is a big opportunity to get the kids in.

If I go I'll be using it is an excuse to get the lad to bring a mate or two
KiTChener and cashman like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..