Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2010, 17:42   #1

Cheltenham stewards

From what I saw our policing was terrible your fans did what we did with a crowd surf with the flag, there was no need on them doing what they did. I hope the man what got hurt makes a quick recovery. Our stewards are crap and your not the first club who has visited us and got unfair treatment for them.

Any way other than all of that hope the travailing fans had a good day if it was possible and good luck next season.
cheltrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-05-2010, 17:47   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Cheltenham stewards

absoutly disgrace!! heavy handed!! I got a orange jacket on I have more power than anyone!! all we wanted was a party atmosphere once again spoiled by stewards!! hope the old man recovers very quickly! wouldn't of happened had the stewards not intervened!! yet chelt fans can surf thier flags!! not one steward pulling it down!! spolied

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 18:14   #3
Senior Member+

Take a look at the match thread Cheltrobin and the bigger picture will become clear. heavy handed it appears was not the words for it!!! I honestly feel sorry for you guys having to put up with stewards like that week in week out, ours aren't the best but at least they don't behave like yours!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 19:40   #4
Super Moderator

The stewards were even worse than Crewe's. Worst I've ever seen. Really left a bad taste in the mouth, after a great afternoon out. Hopping mad at the moment.
Old 08-05-2010, 21:10   #5

.... knees like a footy ball ... so off to ice it up then ana
thanks to all the help me ...... and to all fans of footy .. not stewards ..

puls did not see goals

Last edited by Stanleymad; 13-05-2010 at 11:30. Reason: language
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 21:55   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
.... knees like a footy ball ... so off to ice it up then ana
thanks to all the help me ...... and to all fans of footy .. not stewards ..

puls did not see goals
speak to a soliciter monday grimps many saw what actually happened.

Last edited by Stanleymad; 13-05-2010 at 11:30. Reason: language
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:33   #7

It's about time somebody took legal action against one of these jumped up, power mad b****rds. What I saw yesterday was completely "over the top". Those so called stewards were nothing more than legalised thugs, I thought I'd seen it all at Leeds. They completely over reacted to the situation and it was lucky no one was seriously injured. We all witnessed what happened and who it was at the centre of it all. Also, why was it necessary to deploy half the Gloucester constabulary to police the match, talk about overkill.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 15:29   #8
Junior Member+

Hope your knee is ok Grimps, I spoke to you in the concourse during the match and asked what happened to you.

the stewarding and policing was a disgrace and quite unnecessary. As I wrote in my post on the "Match" thread I was quite appalled.
elchuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 19:45   #9

Angry Re: Cheltenham stewards

The elderly gentleman who was injured in the flag incident was very lucky not to have been killed. I was first to him to treat him after he was nearly strangled in the tug of war over the flag. Shame on the Cheltenham steward who started the fiasco & police who I had to shout at to get medical aid to him. He was ill on the coach on the way home & poorly Sunday. There are standards for stewarding & am qualified as a supervisor as many Stanley fans know but do try to put the customer service side of the job to the fore amidst all the regulations. What I have seen from some away stewarding this season make our lads angels in comparison. There deserves and will be more from this debacle and all complaints need to be put in writing to the club, keep a copy as if the club do not reply within 14 days they can be reported to the FA. The old gentleman already suffers from angina & cancer & he will be complaining as he has a perfect right to.
Old 11-05-2010, 22:54   #10

stewards were a disgrace! my cousin nearly got crushed with all the stewards pillin round us!
hes only 12! complete disgrace
Gribbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 23:02   #11

Hate stewards :@

Last edited by Stanleymad; 12-05-2010 at 11:58. Reason: removed language
lukeogtfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 23:56   #12
Senior Member+

has there been any recourse as of yet?
Old 12-05-2010, 00:11   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeogtfc View Post
hate stewards :@
as do i fella but you guys didn't exactly cover yourselves in glory on Saturday did they!

Last edited by Stanleymad; 12-05-2010 at 11:59. Reason: lanugage in quote
nige b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:19   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
as do i fella but you guys didn't exactly cover yourselves in glory on Saturday did they!
Could you please explain what you mean by that? Were you there, the Stanley fans did nothing wrong & innocent people got hurt & abused by their stewards
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:57   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Could you please explain what you mean by that? Were you there, the Stanley fans did nothing wrong & innocent people got hurt & abused by their stewards
wake up, think nige is refering to grimsby fans.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..