Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2018, 17:12   #1

Cheltenham thread

Nice to see a comfortable win. First half fairly even. A half time Coleman substitute and possibly a rocketing team talk and Stanley came out a different beast with masses of positive intent. Zanzala was a worthy man of the match from half a game. The third goal was very well worked. We can now look forward to the draw. Although we where few in number. We made up with our vocals and 2 drums!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-12-2018, 17:18   #2
God Member

Re: Cheltenham thread

Well played lads! Feel a little guilty but just couldn't make it today
Here's hoping for a nice juicy tie in the next round
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 17:27   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thought we were dire in the first half. Why we started with Billy as a lone striker against a bottom Div2 side at home defies all logic to me? Then at half time a sensible substitution to me Zanzala, plus he replaced our captain, who to me dont cut it in Div1, the sub made all the difference,we dominated that second half, i just hope we play 2 up front against Sunderland otherwise i think were likely to get murdered,
Old 01-12-2018, 18:31   #4
Senior Member+

1066 what the heck is going on? Is the F.A. cup of no interest any more? When I was a lad that was the game everyon
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 18:34   #5
Senior Member+

Don't know what happened there, must have hit a wrong button? Anyway you get the message, what a disgrace, 1066 unless that's a mistake, unbelievable. Well done though lads, now on to a big draw we hope.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 19:00   #6

Attendance so disheartening for what was achieved last season.
Is Conneeley actually fully fit, that’s 17 appearances of which 2 have been from the bench and in the 15 that he’s started he’s been subbed 9 times !
Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 19:09   #7
Senior Member+

Talk about a game of two halves........... Agreed with cashy, looked 2 poor team's in the first 45...... as for the 2nd period, really enjoyable.

Nice to see the management make a change when it was needed compared to the last couple of games. Agreed with others I thought Zanzala was terrific and should have scored at least 2, absolutely frightened them to death.

Third goal was superb too, chuffed for Clark as he worked his socks off.

Only bad point I would say was the attendance which was very poor indeed.

In the hat with £54k prize money, that's all we can ask I guess.
cashman and keep the faith like this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 19:14   #8
Full Member+

Good to be in the hat.

On the attendance he club completely failed to promote the game again, not even ticket prices on the website. I suggested they would be lucky to get 1,100 the way it was going and was correct.

Some people wait and see how much the tickers are for Cup games before going, and as the club did not bother letting fans know, it was the club who paid the price rather than the fans.
smudgie, cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 20:56   #9
God Member

Good result and great to see goals from three players. Well done lads.
Don't worry about the attendance, I'm sure there'll suddenly be 10,000 Stanley fans if one of the Celebriteams is drawn at The Wham.
KiTChener and chevyfire like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:50   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
Don't know what happened there, must have hit a wrong button? Anyway you get the message, what a disgrace, 1066 unless that's a mistake, unbelievable. Well done though lads, now on to a big draw we hope.

Unfortunatly ossy kid the FA cup has lost it's drawing power today compared to day's gone by. The EPL clubs are only interested in Europian glory. If Stanley had to draw a top club, either at home or away, they would probably be playing near enough a reserve side. Having said that may be one player would have cost more than the entire Stanley team.
monkey hanger likes this.
Accyborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:36   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
1066 what the heck is going on? Is the F.A. cup of no interest any more? When I was a lad that was the game everyon
like a lot of things nowadays its a different world. think the 2 games stanley have played so far in the cup have little interest as they are non local games against sides they have played against a number of times in the past. those who have actually arrended the last 2 cup games should have been asked to keep their ticket stubs for priority tickets if we do get one of the so called big clubs in round 3 even before non attending season ticket holders.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 10:07   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
like a lot of things nowadays its a different world. think the 2 games stanley have played so far in the cup have little interest as they are non local games against sides they have played against a number of times in the past. those who have actually arrended the last 2 cup games should have been asked to keep their ticket stubs for priority tickets if we do get one of the so called big clubs in round 3 even before non attending season ticket holders.
On that basis MH, would I qualify - I was at the Colchester game but not the Cheltenham one, due to illness. My mum also was at the Colchester game & bought a ticket for yesterday's match but at the last minute couldn't go as she too was ill.We are both long standing season ticket holders, do we go to the back of the queue?
I understand your reasoning but not everyone who stays away does so through choice
Old 02-12-2018, 12:46   #13
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
On that basis MH, would I qualify - I was at the Colchester game but not the Cheltenham one, due to illness. My mum also was at the Colchester game & bought a ticket for yesterday's match but at the last minute couldn't go as she too was ill.We are both long standing season ticket holders, do we go to the back of the queue?
I understand your reasoning but not everyone who stays away does so through choice
This is just not good enough, any person not attending games without a Doc's note should be strapped to the goal post's at next match and whipped. This will also provide some entertainment. That's all folks.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 14:16   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
This is just not good enough, any person not attending games without a Doc's note should be strapped to the goal post's at next match and whipped. This will also provide some entertainment. That's all folks.
Sounds good to me
cashman and sherry like this.
Old 02-12-2018, 16:21   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Beats a cross bar challenge!
KiTChener, cashman and sherry like this.
Taypot is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..