Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2012, 18:19   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Cheltenham Town Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
found this version of Dans text commentary, interesting to read it from the other perspective.
Cheltenham Town: Robins crash to first defea | This is Gloucestershire

I particularly like the comment that Accrington will always have an advantage due to our location. Apparently we (and only we) can pick up players developed by bigger clubs. What a loon!
Never have I seen a manager look so haunted! Can't stand it when they look every which way except look their interviewer in the eye.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-09-2012, 18:50   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yep looks great,looking forward to tuesday n next sat now.
We really need to get posters up around town NOW, as I can see the Shrimps outnumbering us on Tuesday night. I bet there are plenty of casual Stanley fans in Accy who won't even be aware there is a match on.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 19:43   #18
Senior Member+

An awesome display by Stanley who were better than a good Cheltenham team in every department. We seemed to have a greater appetite for the game. Furthermore, the team seemed to have balance.

There were two huge plusses for me today. One was the influence of Lee Molyneux and the other was the return of Rommy Boco. Both were comfortable in possession and this allowed others time to find space. Rommy proved to be a ball winner in the air too. Although considerably shorter than his marker, Rommy was able to win the ball in the air in just about every contest.

A sound defensive display, too, with Peter Murphy and Toto developing a good understanding. Special congratulations to all the defenders and Luke Joyce who constantly tried to keep Toto under control, especially after the disgraceful push into the hoarding by Zebroski.

Difficult to choose a man-of-the-match in such an excellent team performance but my vote would go to Rommy. I hope that his performance today will satisfy the doubters.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 19:54   #19
God Member

the Cheltenham commentator commented on Boco winning all his aerial battles
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 19:54   #20
Senior Member+

Forgot to say - I hope Cheltenham Town will take action against the official who tried to steal the Stanley football, knowing full well that it had a Stanley crest on. Shame on him.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 20:56   #21
Senior Member+

Post mortem from the Cheltenham Forum where they were expecting a walk over:

The Nest • View topic - That wasn?t supposed to happen.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 22:49   #22
Senior Member+

Missed the game today,but I never seen this coming!!,Looks like we reverted back to our 4-2-3-1 system,which really suits the players we have.
Key personnel changes were inspired and molyneux stiffens the left up without sacrificing any quality.
I said cooky is an attack minded coach,and likes players who have a good work ethic,but it's getting silly now - keep it going lads
Ps - attack minded coach but three clean sheets,doesn't make sense ,!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:17   #23
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

59min56 sec in BBC iPlayer - The Football League Show: 2012/2013: 01/09/2012
Old 03-09-2012, 19:19   #24
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Exstended highlights Leaving Facebook... | Facebook

Last edited by mab; 03-09-2012 at 19:22.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..