Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree169Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-08-2017, 16:01   #166
God Member

Re: Clayton End development?

I don't know if a new stand is to be built (and am indifferent as, when I can get to the Crown, prefer to stand on the Clayton End) but there are at least two good reasons to go ahead
1. to provide a seating area that gives a proper view of the pitch. The current stands are poor, too low, with views blocked by constant comings and goings and subs warming up. Didn't you claim in another thread that you couldn't see the West Brom game from your seat, Chrisr?
2. to provide better facilities, especially toilets.

I'd be delighted if Mr.Holt decided to go ahead with a new stand but no doubt on here it still wouldn't satisfy some.
cashman likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-08-2017, 17:30   #167
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Agree with Exile,also it may well increase away support, i have spoke to quite a few away fans oer the years and the main consensus was we have never been to stanley glad we have aint gonna return cos its rough as rats, if its a better place to come word will soon get round imho.An increased away support will certainly help things?
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 28-08-2017, 19:32   #168

Surely this must be a good sign & perhaps indicates the clubs negotiations to buy the ground from the council may be proceeding.
No tenant would agree to invest the sums required for this type of project without first owning the freehold.
The Cowshed has become an embarrassing reminder from our non-league days.
As it also houses the TV camera's, something must be constructed to enable recording to continue.
Can't imagine they'll knock it down & simply rebuild a scaffold tower for the TV crew?
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2017, 20:38   #169
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Surely this must be a good sign & perhaps indicates the clubs negotiations to buy the ground from the council may be proceeding.
No tenant would agree to invest the sums required for this type of project without first owning the freehold.
The Cowshed has become an embarrassing reminder from our non-league days.
As it also houses the TV camera's, something must be constructed to enable recording to continue.
Can't imagine they'll knock it down & simply rebuild a scaffold tower for the TV crew?
That is not true at all. Get a long enough lease and it is immaterial, as the lease will probably last longer than the stand.

You don't have to look far to find new stadiums built without freehold.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2017, 20:56   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
That is not true at all. Get a long enough lease and it is immaterial, as the lease will probably last longer than the stand.
You don't have to look far to find new stadiums built without freehold.
Only a fool would spend thousands (or even millions) as a leaseholder.
Any improved asset value only benefits the owner of the freehold.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2017, 21:58   #171
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Agree with Exile,also it may well increase away support, i have spoke to quite a few away fans oer the years and the main consensus was we have never been to stanley glad we have aint gonna return cos its rough as rats, if its a better place to come word will soon get round imho.An increased away support will certainly help things?
Maybe this is the way to go, I think we all know by now that we are not going to bring in support from Accy or the surrounding area, so if we had better facilities we may get more support from Yeovil
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 05:55   #172
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Maybe this is the way to go, I think we all know by now that we are not going to bring in support from Accy or the surrounding area, so if we had better facilities we may get more support from Yeovil
Well as everything else has failed, its worth trying imho.
Old 29-08-2017, 06:40   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Well as i.ve said before last year Carlisle took 3k to Blackpool at around this time in the season so that should be the target the Stanley management should be aiming to attract and the target by which their efforts should be judged on.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 08:27   #174
God Member

problem for away fans is they have a choice. get wet through standing or sit in the cow shed where if you,re 6ft or more there is no leg room. once bitten etc. even pompey fans didn,t return in the numbers of their first visit.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 09:25   #175
God Member

I'm quite fond of the cowshed myself - certainly don't think of it as an 'embarrassing reminder' of our non league days - more of a 'look how far we've come' sort of thing. I know it has to go but the place won't be the same without it, wonder if the club has thought of selling bits of it off after the demolition??
Inspector Morse likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 09:34   #176
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I'm quite fond of the cowshed myself
Yer leaving yerself wide open wi that comment Di.
Old 29-08-2017, 09:57   #177
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yer leaving yerself wide open wi that comment Di.
Trust you!! I know what I meant even if it sounded wrong
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 09:58   #178

How come no one knows what's replacing the cow shed?
Surely it can't be the proposed stand muted last season given our gates?

Have we not got previous on poorly thought through white elephant stand building?
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 10:04   #179
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
The real thing that we need to look at is why there is so much investment in a new stand which would not increase capacity. An illogical step.
Not sure of the detailed plans of the Cow Shed or what's going to be built within it or who it will be used for but let's presume it's something similar to the Main Stand now.

If you was a family would you be more encouraged to sit in a stand like the Main Stand or the Cow Shed?

If you was an away fan on a 500 mile round trip would you rather, Stand on an open terrace and get soaked, Sit in the Cow Shed or Sit in a stand like the Main Stand?

For years we've been crying out for stadium upgrades and now they're actually happening people are moaning...Can't get my head around it!
Old 29-08-2017, 10:05   #180
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Why dont people shut it and wait see?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..