Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree169Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2016, 17:10   #121
God Member

Re: Clayton End development?

Not exactly Alan, but having tangible proof that the said seat was reserved did give me the courage of my convictions to ask someone to vacate it if necessary
Not that we often have the problem of invaders but it came in useful towards the end of the season when the world & his mother were craving tickets for those closing games
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-08-2016, 19:39   #122
Senior Member+

From the Official Twitter page...

@ASFCofficial home games-Clayton End parking £100 for the season (inc cup games) right outside the turnstiles - contact Sophie...
Old 02-08-2016, 21:25   #123
Senior Member+

The improvements are looking really good......
MASSIVE appreciation to Andy Holt for his input!

The pitch is looking wonderful too....
Thanks again Andy and also to Buzza!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 22:11   #124
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
From the Official Twitter page...

@ASFCofficial home games-Clayton End parking £100 for the season (inc cup games) right outside the turnstiles - contact Sophie...
What you save in parking you'll be paying in broken windows from balls going over stand
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 19:26   #125
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
when did mr t say that
Newport Home thread 14/15 suggested it to me saying we met non-league standards for water in relation to the toilets.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 07:16   #126
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Newport Home thread 14/15 suggested it to me saying we met non-league standards for water in relation to the toilets.
I checked out the toilets in The Clayton End last night at the Season Ticket Launch..........
Yes they really do FLUSH.........
and yes there is hot water!

The new work done this summer is splendid and The Clayton End looks superb!
Well done Andy Holt and his team!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 14:20   #127
Senior Member+

Not the Clayton End but looks like the garages at the side of the the Clubhouse...

https://twitter.com/andyhholt/status/772782120733405184
Old 09-10-2016, 18:54   #128
Senior Member+

https://twitter.com/andyhholt/status/785184667150483456

Exciting times!
Old 09-10-2016, 19:02   #129
Full Member+

How much grant money was lost by starting the redevelopment without permission?

That ensured I never buy a raffle ticket again, amateur hour stuff after all that money raised for the changing rooms.
Old 09-10-2016, 19:09   #130
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
How much grant money was lost by starting the redevelopment without permission?

That ensured I never buy a raffle ticket again, amateur hour stuff after all that money raised for the changing rooms.
That "changing room money" went towards the Clayton End Fan Zone!
Old 09-10-2016, 19:12   #131
Senior Member+

Quote:
Indeed . But is the JB stand development now happening before the Cowshed side? I get confused, and do wish the club would put more on fishy - I just can't stand Twitter, or take anything on there seriously.
AccyMad and cashman like this.
Old 09-10-2016, 19:37   #132
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Indeed . But is the JB stand development now happening before the Cowshed side? I get confused, and do wish the club would put more on fishy - I just can't stand Twitter, or take anything on there seriously.
Agree the fishy is were the info should always be put, any fool can put anything on titter.
Old 09-10-2016, 20:12   #133
Full Member+

Quote:
That "changing room money" went towards the Clayton End Fan Zone!
And the clayton end started without permission and therefore lost the grant funding. May as well have just flushed it down the bog.

There is no fan zone either bar a sign saying the concourse is a fanzone, nothing like what was pitched. Well intended stuff but poorly executed.

Price of plastic going up up after the brexit....
Old 09-10-2016, 20:33   #134
God Member

The work HAD to be done over the summer, there wasnt time to file for grant funding. Had we got grant funding then we'd have got less next time etc ... so it was done there and then without any 'free' money. As for permission, my understanding is that any work carried out was done so with council backing and overseen by building regs all along - but official planning permission was only granted retrospectively, again due to the timing of it all. I cant understand what any fuss is about, every £1 less in the club is an extra £1 that AH has to find and he doesnt seem to mind.

My memory of grant funding for stands is that they will pay up to 40% but it came on the proviso that they must be all seater ... therefore it would make sense that any application was saved for the biggie.

I'll say it again but I damn well wish we had some kind of proper announcement of all development plans. It's an excuse to get a little excited at the direction we're going in, a chance to show potential fans that we're serious about evolving, and a chance to understand why certain things aren't necessarily as we thought they might be
baldy and cashman like this.
Old 09-10-2016, 20:53   #135
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
The work HAD to be done over the summer, there wasnt time to file for grant funding. Had we got grant funding then we'd have got less next time etc ... so it was done there and then without any 'free' money. As for permission, my understanding is that any work carried out was done so with council backing and overseen by building regs all along - but official planning permission was only granted retrospectively, again due to the timing of it all. I cant understand what any fuss is about, every £1 less in the club is an extra £1 that AH has to find and he doesnt seem to mind.

My memory of grant funding for stands is that they will pay up to 40% but it came on the proviso that they must be all seater ... therefore it would make sense that any application was saved for the biggie.

I'll say it again but I damn well wish we had some kind of proper announcement of all development plans. It's an excuse to get a little excited at the direction we're going in, a chance to show potential fans that we're serious about evolving, and a chance to understand why certain things aren't necessarily as we thought they might be
The issue according to Mr Holt's twitter was they had to start before permission to get the toilets finished in time. Why not just request to play away games at the start of the season like Liverpool did or use temporary ones?

You can't claim grant in retrospect in any walk of life, "rules is rules", yep and we would have been better following them.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..