Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree169Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-05-2016, 18:25   #1
God Member

Clayton End development?

Andy Holt tweeting that if the fans want it the fans will get it. Poll running on ripping out the seats :-) :-) :-)

Currently 75-25 in favour :-)

Screenshot_20160517-192201.jpg
baldy likes this.
Old 17-05-2016, 18:33   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Clayton End development?

I will always be in favour of standing on the clayton end, when i get knackered i will end up sitting on Whalley Rd side, but i may be n owd fart, but i aint there yet.
Old 17-05-2016, 18:36   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I will always be in favour of standing on the clayton end, when i get knackered i will end up sitting on Whalley Rd side, but i may be n owd fart, but i aint there yet.
Eh cheeky, I sit on Whalley Road side & I ain't that old yet??! Knackered, yeah - old - not quite
US Angel likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2016, 20:30   #4
Senior Member+

He's also tweeted a picture of the Clayton End turnstiles saying "One more day and I can get big hammer on these"
US Angel and cashman like this.
Old 17-05-2016, 21:26   #5
Full Member+

I don't think it will be next season will it?
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2016, 21:37   #6

I vote to take the seats out as it makes it better as is our selling point of terrace stadium to fans of other local football teams, but think a row or two should be kept just because people who like being sat behind the goal, and like the atmosphere of the Clayton end
Old 17-05-2016, 21:56   #7
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Strange one this,I think it should return to all standing but we've a new 1500 seat capacity stand which when given the go ahead will replacement whinney hill stand which at present holds roughly holds 800 yet we're not gaining an increase in capacity n can't understand why unless there's a plan to turn the Clayton end in to all seating like the artist impressions imply's. Just a thought.. But yep take the seats out nd with the new stand it would increase the capacity by at least 800 may be more with those new extra seats.
Old 18-05-2016, 08:09   #8
God Member

totally agree with the comments on taking the seats out of the clayton end. that is if we can do it. I know at one time if you had seats then you could not remove them. I enjoy standing but prefer a side on view therefore I,ll stick with the jack barrett or moan stand as I prefer to call it.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2016, 08:51   #9
Senior Member+

I'm beginning to enjoy sitting , and prefer being behind the goal, so quite like it the way it is. But for atmosphere, a full standing only Clayton End has to have it - and it would be a dreadful idea to make it all seating.
cashman and smobile like this.
Old 18-05-2016, 11:04   #10

Standing in Clayton End sounds good- increase capacity and improve atmosphere.

But who will populate the new stand?We don't want to loose bodies from the Clayton End or the atmosphere will suffer.

Are we going to end up with a pristine new stand and no one to fill it?
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2016, 11:34   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
Standing in Clayton End sounds good- increase capacity and improve atmosphere.

But who will populate the new stand?We don't want to loose bodies from the Clayton End or the atmosphere will suffer.

Are we going to end up with a pristine new stand and no one to fill it?
If the ground capacity remains the same like its been stated, how does that come into it?
Old 18-05-2016, 11:58   #12
God Member

If you can sit and watch the game without your view being blocked by an endless trail of folk walking in front going for a tea/pee or by players warming up then maybe some of those from the existing seating stands will prefer the new one. It could become the New Moan Stand
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2016, 08:47   #13
Senior Member+

Dave Burgess has tweeted a picture of work on the pitch starting, Also the segregated fence between the main stand and the changing rooms being ripped out!

Big changes ahead it seems!
Old 19-05-2016, 13:01   #14

Knocked down the wall all along the main stand splitting the main stand from the pitch.
Old 23-05-2016, 21:09   #15

Lots of big machinery on the ground at Accrington, proper pitch drainage Andy holt posted. On Twitter after his opinion poll about seats in Clayton end that Andy in discussion with the football league about it since 72% out of a total of 646 voted for no seats.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..