Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By cashman
  • 1 Post By AccyMad
  • 1 Post By MikeA
  • 1 Post By AccyMad
  • 1 Post By Lord Didsbury
  • 1 Post By cashman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2016, 18:33   #1
God Member

Clayton End interlopery

Due to my disdain for alcohol I left the pub early after the Burnley match and forgot to ask for the experience of an interloper. So, Accymad ... how was your experience of moving from your pressbox usual gaffe to the less refined salubriosity of The Clayton End?
Old 26-08-2016, 19:08   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Clayton End interlopery

I reckon it was a big improvement after all she saw me.
AccyMad and DAV007 like this.
Old 26-08-2016, 19:13   #3
God Member

Interloper?? Not sure I like that description - more a lucky charm on Wednesday i think &
I have stood on there for games before you know
Anyhow, to answer I thoroughly enjoyed the experience thank you, not sure I could do it every week (was stiff as a board when I got home after standing for nearly 3 hours)but I will definitely be visiting the Clayton End again on occasion
cashman likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 19:18   #4
God Member

P.s. - our usual seats in front of the press are definitely not as refined as you might think, specially when me mother gets in full flow - like someone said on Wednesday maybe we were asked to move for a reason
Old 26-08-2016, 22:41   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
P.s. - our usual seats in front of the press are definitely not as refined as you might think, specially when me mother gets in full flow - like someone said on Wednesday maybe we were asked to move for a reason
Is it her colourful language that offends Professor Coleman's delicate ears?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 23:43   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I reckon it was a big improvement after all she saw me.
And it still hasn't put her off?
AccyMad likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 06:22   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
And it still hasn't put her off?
Cashman is a Stanley legend, they should name the new stand after him
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 07:17   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Is it her colourful language that offends Professor Coleman's delicate ears?
Ha, ha - not exactly but most of the regular visiting press people know her & are on first name terms
Old 28-08-2016, 16:04   #9

We made the transition from main stand to join the Ultras on Wednesday and I think there's no going back. That drummer boy bashes out such a mean tune - when Twist and Shout was in full flow I closed my eyes and it could have been Ringo at Shea Stadium.

For full stereo effect we positioned ourselves close to an old cockney boy who shouted "come on Stanelee" so loud and often that his teeth nearly fell out.

Another bonus is that i get to see the towering god like figure of the Don at close quarters. Isn't he marvellous?

All in all, the Clayton End is magnificent. You can even make a hasty sprint to get in early for the pie and pint special offer, although I suspect I might have to sprint a bit faster when Dav007 sorts out the peppered pie seasoning and the clamour for them soars.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 16:12   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Yer a proper Stanley Fan now yer a Clayton Ender LORD D. theres quite a few main standers i know would still be if circumstances permitted.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 28-08-2016, 16:43   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
?...That drummer boy bashes out such a mean tune - when Twist and Shout was in full flow I closed my eyes and it could have been Ringo at Shea Stadium.
Ha, ha...he's not even the best drummer in the Clayton End
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2016, 08:16   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yer a proper Stanley Fan now yer a Clayton Ender LORD D. theres quite a few main standers i know would still be if circumstances permitted.
would love to join the clayton end army but i prefer a side on view of the game although some in the moan stand need to take a long hard look at themselves if they think they,re stanley fans.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2016, 08:44   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Must say i dont mind a side view, but much prefer the atmosphere behind the goal.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..