Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree169Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-01-2019, 00:37   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Clayton End v Derby

It’s not your thing fine

But “don’t bother the players won’t be arsed, the drums **** and Derby will be louder “ ain’t exactly the response I was looking for when I just wanted to point out it be great if the Clayton End embraced the plans we have to make Saturday special .....
MikeA, AccyMad, baldy and 8 others like this.

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-01-2019, 08:10   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
It is quite clear that orgnaised atmospheres are not my thing so I have no interest in being involved. I have always hated the drum or drums. It would be easier to speak at Wycombe away I guess, and I bet I am the only one making much noise.

You already responded to that post, and this just seems like a veiled threat because I don't like what you are doing.
I also keep away from the drum, too noisy fer me, but i love the fact its yon, as for saying a "Veiled threat" that to me perfectly demonstrates what a miserable sod you are.
Wynonie Harris and choirboy like this.
Old 25-01-2019, 09:58   #18
God Member

Wish somebody would threaten me by buying me beer
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2019, 11:27   #19
Full Member+

Ban the drum and we can all get Jew's harp's
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2019, 12:53   #20
Super Moderator

"Let's have a beer on Saturday and we can discuss how to make the Clayton End better" is a "veiled threat"? What planet do you live on? I suggest you come out from behind your keyboard and have a drink and a chat with Jase on Saturday and maybe come up with some constructive ideas. Or are you happier just whinging?
Old 25-01-2019, 13:09   #21
God Member

Bang the drum for me and Mrs.Exile, Jason. Hope everyone has a great time tomorrow whatever the result.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2019, 20:10   #22
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
"Let's have a beer on Saturday and we can discuss how to make the Clayton End better" is a "veiled threat"? What planet do you live on? I suggest you come out from behind your keyboard and have a drink and a chat with Jase on Saturday and maybe come up with some constructive ideas. Or are you happier just whinging?
From behind your keyboard, like the insult thrower. It is clear I think it would be better without the drum, so you have had my idea. Not everyone likes the same thing, there is no need to get upset about it.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2019, 20:35   #23
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

one suggestion I have is may be have a couple of mic's hanging down in the Clayton end and the songs/chant's played through the speaker system in the main stand to help make a even bigger wall of vocal support
Old 25-01-2019, 20:39   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
From behind your keyboard, like the insult thrower. It is clear I think it would be better without the drum, so you have had my idea. Not everyone likes the same thing, there is no need to get upset about it.
Get upset? its you yeh silly sod Jase offered to buy you a drink, yet you called it a veiled threat,
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 25-01-2019, 21:11   #25

Gentlemen,
Let us not allow acrimony to tarnish this unique thread, for we stand on the eve of history.
The kudos we gained from winning league 2 will pale into insignificance if we can defeat Goliath tomorrow.
For the first time in our long history Accrington Stanley will be in the draw for
ROUND 5 OF THE FA CUP!
Wave your flag, bang the drum, raise your voice.
Our boys will give everything they've got. We must all do the same.
Come on Stanley!
History awaits.
cashman, ossy kid and yonmon like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2019, 23:37   #26
Super Moderator

Quote:
As Cashy says, the only person getting upset on here is you with your ludicrous allegations of a "veiled threat" after Jase offered to have a pint and a chat with you! If a drum really does offend your delicate sensibilities, perhaps you'd be better off playing bridge on Saturday afternoons!

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 25-01-2019 at 23:46.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2019, 00:37   #27
Senior Member+

C'mon guys, I hate drums but I would defend the right to bang the damn things. For once lets all get together and cheer the lads with everything we have. The only person I can think of who would be against that would be the wife as the kick off is 4.30 a.m. here, guess I'll just close the door.
sherry and DaveL like this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2019, 02:25   #28
Super Moderator

Everybody IS together apart from Chewie...and if he doesn't like it, he can go back to Kashyyyk!
Old 26-01-2019, 07:03   #29

I'm looking forward to the game,need to get at them early though.My grandfather was a player and he was as hard as nails. What players from Accrington are physical and will not worry about putting a few hard tackles in?
Good Luck Guys
DaveL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2019, 07:58   #30
Senior Member+

Game day.
Thread weren’t about the drum it was just pushing for everyone to join in with the Clayton. End display

Thanks in advance
cashman and sherry like this.

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..