Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree169Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-01-2019, 08:48   #31
God Member

Re: Clayton End v Derby

Anybody else got a touch of tummy ache &/or feeling ever so slightly sick? It's a wonderful thing this football lark
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-01-2019, 08:52   #32
Full Member+

yes Diane, just spoke to your mum, we both the same.
Well the stage is set , the audience on their way , act 1 starts at 12.30 with a mighty cheer and then enter the stars Accrington Stanley to shock the FA cup round. Come on lads we are ALL behind you, Good Luck .
AccyMad likes this.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2019, 08:57   #33

Looking forward to the game.My grandfather was a player and a tough tackler.
He will be looking down saying "get into em lads"
Have Accrington got any physical players that like a tackle?
DaveL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2019, 14:34   #34

Great day out! Well done Jase I was very proud of the noise and colour today.

Great match too. Think we were the better side and just needed a bit of luck with a few of the shots we had that got blocked. In time honoured fashion we played better with 10 men.

Hard to pick a MOTM. Conneely deserves special mention. Thought he was excellent considering his lack of games. Great having the Don back...Ipswich are mental. Sykes was colossal, Johnson must have doubled his value. Barlaser was great before his rash challenge. Thought Kee did well too.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2019, 14:49   #35

Oh dear, just watched Coley’s interview.

Last edited by Lord Didsbury; 26-01-2019 at 14:50. Reason: Watched
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2019, 14:51   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thought every man played their part today, great performance against a goodside. seems Nugent has been gobbing off after the game, saying he hopes they get another easy tie next round what a gob****e
AccyMad and Lord Didsbury like this.
Old 26-01-2019, 16:09   #37
Senior Member+

I understand Coley feeling like he does but I just think it’s unfair to have a go at Jordan and Billy.
He had every chance to say how proud he was of each and every one of them who gave their all.
No need for it.
Yes Coley we know you’d never miss those chances ...........
AccyMad, cashman, pifco and 2 others like this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2019, 16:11   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Great day out! Well done Jase I was very proud of the noise and colour today.

Great match too. Think we were the better side and just needed a bit of luck with a few of the shots we had that got blocked. In time honoured fashion we played better with 10 men.

Hard to pick a MOTM. Conneely deserves special mention. Thought he was excellent considering his lack of games. Great having the Don back...Ipswich are mental. Sykes was colossal, Johnson must have doubled his value. Barlaser was great before his rash challenge. Thought Kee did well too.
They all played their part Lord.
Not a down side to any performance one to eleven.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2019, 16:42   #39

Gutting.
So proud of the club, staff, supporters, players and management today.

We were stuck in the corner of the main stand next to the dressing roooms - fantastic show, as usual, from the Clayton End.
Congrats to Jase and all who organise it

Rams support played a part in providing a fantastic atmosphere.
Diddled again, this time by an arrogant, show-pony of a ref- every time I see Moss he appears to be ever-more theatrical and attention-seeking.
Is it the same Jon Moss who used to be in Culture Club?

We thought Seamus had his best game for us for some time, but agree with his Lordship that everyone played their part, and left it all out there. Hope people feel more confident these days in Maxted too- he exudes a quiet authority and calm, and makes some good saves. Smyth only got 10 mins but looked really promising.

REALLY feel for Coley - you could reach out and touch his pain.
We DO need to start finding the back of the net again, though....
KTF - it's all we can do!!
AccyMad, cashman, ossy kid and 6 others like this.
The Red Darreners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2019, 18:46   #40
Senior Member+

If anyone stood out in our team of heroes, it was in my humble opinion Mark Hughes who held the back line together superbly well, kept an ageing David Nugent in his pocket, made some telling tackles and interceptions, and altogether proved yet again what an honest professional footballer he is !.

With today's game in mind, my trepidations for our League position and games yet to be played seem a little less menacing.

ON STANLEY !... ON TO GREATER THINGS !!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2019, 18:53   #41
God Member

We watched the game in the luxury at Basingstoke Town FC and was proud of Stanley’s players and fans, who put on a fantastic show.
Thought it was a good, competitive game and that Stanley were the equal of their Championship guests. Every player deserves credit for their efforts today.

Once again, however, a couple of poor decisions by the ref spoiled a fair contest. Having the benefit of slo-mo replays just why Ross Sykes was penalised for chasing back, tackling a player, and then coming away with the ball was one of the more mystifying decisions.

Really feel for Professor Coleman and Jimmy Bell but just hope that, after a couple of days concentrating on the midfield options for Gillingham, they can agree with the rest of us that this year’s Cup campaign was great for the club and the fans. Well done, lads.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2019, 18:55   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

To be honest mate i have no worries oer our season, as the lads will tell yeh, I have seen some good stuff this season and am sure we will be fine. Also heard that Lampard came to the Clayton End and Applauded our fans? fair play to the guy thats what i call "Class"
Old 26-01-2019, 19:06   #43
Senior Member+

Fair play to Jase and all involved, Clayton End looked superb today.

As for the game, proud but disappointed I think.

Thought the whole back line looked solid, Johnson and Don in particular looked superb.

As for Barlaser, thought he let himself down today, you simply CANNOT jump in like that, foul and expect to get away with it. Very poor, despite what Coley says.

We just dont look threatening enough up top, as much as Billy tries he needs help. Thought it was the perfect game for a Zanzala cameo today, alas not to be.

Subs again WAY too late for me, I just don't understand why leave it so late ???! We have NOTHING to lose by throwing 3 on with 20 mins to go.
cashman and Revived Red like this.

Last edited by smudgie; 26-01-2019 at 19:12.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2019, 19:21   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The only thing i thought wrong with today,was the Fact we were at home,in a must win game, yet played Billy up front alone, not knocking the performance which was great, but the STRUCTURE.
Old 26-01-2019, 19:35   #45

Structure kept us in the game right to the end.

Shame we never got chance to see Barlaser threading balls for Smyth.
baldy and Lord Didsbury like this.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..