Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree169Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-01-2019, 19:39   #46

Re: Clayton End v Derby

Exactly Smudgie. It was no surprise when he was booked either time.
I don’t blame the lad, these things happen, but was really disappointed in Coley’s interview. Left a bit of a sour taste especially when one of his own players (Sean) blatantly tried to con the match officials. Can he really have it both ways?

No one around me was angry at the Barlaser sending off. It seemed an obvious decision. To be honest it hardly made a difference to the pattern of play thereafter.

I realise the club is where it is because of Coley’s attitude, so I suppose I shouldn’t complain but I love the reputation the club has, that Stanley are everyone’s second fave team....his interview really doesn’t help that.
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-01-2019, 20:14   #47
Full Member+

Great day unlucky with the result, BUT what disappointed me was Sykes taking a little kick at the Derby player on his back in the clayton end box lucky ref and liner missed it.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2019, 20:36   #48
God Member

Just had a peek on Derby's fans forum, some good comments on there about their match day experience. Seems most were happy & agree they were lucky to come away with the victory.
Great that we can please the away fans, in fact they were probably treated better than some of our own - don't want to go into details as I made my concerns known after the game but there are definitely lessons to be learned when we have a 'big game' at The Crown
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2019, 21:08   #49

Not often I get to see Stanley, but I was quite impressed. Much better than the Ipswich game. Hughes, Sykes (save that little kick) and McConville impressed me the most but liked Johnson too.
Contrary to most apparently I thought the red card was harsh.
But from what I have seen I don't think this is a team suited to a one forward line up.
Greger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2019, 22:07   #50
Senior Member+

My first game watching them on the tube, the lads played very well and were very unfortunate not to have a replay. Stanley had the better chances and need to find another Billy Kee to double up front. The lad who got the red was a little hard done to as the Derby player went down very soft BUT he has to give his head a shake, after the first yellow he was always on fat mans [ref] radar. I liked the late sub who scared Derby with his speed, all in all a great cup game which could easily have ended differently. Well done all concerned.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2019, 22:48   #51
Junior Member+

Thank you Stanley fans for your hospitality. Your team and club are a great credit to you. The fame could have gone your way but it ran for us this time. Overall feeling of our fan is that it was a great day out but shame about your manager who showed no class in his interview. Disrespectful to the ref and dcfc.
A Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2019, 23:37   #52
Junior Member+

My twopence, it was even game. Stanley played well. Felt red card was probably fair two silly challenges from barlaser. He gave the referree decisions to make. Kee battled well up front winning a fair few contests. Hughes showed his usual great composure. Connelly had his best game for a long while. The new sub reminded me of a young Michael Owen. I disliked Coleman's after match comments but can't fault his passion and the change in tactics today gave us a better defensive structure. The flag display by jase and the gang was ace.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
James Cheverton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2019, 07:44   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Watched the game last night (a couple of times) no complaints at all oer the sending off, twas just one of those things imho
Old 27-01-2019, 09:48   #54
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Great day unlucky with the result, BUT what disappointed me was Sykes taking a little kick at the Derby player on his back in the clayton end box lucky ref and liner missed it.
I don’t think it was as bad as people are making out to be! Both involved were 18/19 and I believe Sykes was angry that the Derby striker had dived, quite rightly so! He was just giving him a boot up the bum to get up, nothing malicious!
accyfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2019, 09:56   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
I too was an armchair fan yesterday and what i saw made me proud to be a Stanley fan. But I also agree re Barlaser, he deserved his red card and although the Ref and his assistants missed Sykes little kick, the TV didn't and I'm afraid it might be picked up by the FA and another player with a lengthy ban follows suit. Great display from the Clayton end (well done Jase for the organisation). One thing I found funny was Kelle Roos, he seemed to dive to make a save after the ball had passed him on 2 or 3 occasions, however, the one dive he made to save the ball, was the one that stopped us getting a replay!
Also, I agree about Professor Coleman's comments. I do feel for him, but, there was only one person to blame for potentially spoiling the match and that was Barlaser, not the referee.
As I said, despite the result, I was proud of what I saw yesterday during the live transmission and also the comments of the pundits on Match of the Day!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2019, 10:45   #56

When Emirates Airline are paying to advertise at your ground, you know you've hit the big time.
Result aside, what a superb day yesterday proved for those who really matter - the fans.
A veritable army of Derby fans invaded the town to discover what Accrington Stanley are all about - friendly hospitality & the best value-for-money in the football league.
You couldn't find a parking spot within a mile of the ground & every local pub was 'Rammed' (get it?) full.
The pre-match build up was electric with anticipation of a shock result. Should we be disappointed - NO!
Our boys played there part in a game which, on another day, could have gone our way. A draw would have been a fair result.
Forget the result. Yesterday was all about publicity.
Of reinforcing the reputation in the hearts & minds of the football loving public of our leading position as the plucky underdog who never gives up.
Judging by the positive comments from the Derby forum, we've added another legion of fans who have adopted our little club as their 'second' team.
What with bumper TV rights & another packed stadium, the coffers must be overflowing at the moment. Happy days indeed.
What a shame our manager spoiled the party with his unecessary (& unfounded) sour grapes after-match interview.
Mr Coleman, there were 5397 people who didn't agree with you!
smudgie, cashman, Greeny and 1 others like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2019, 12:55   #57

Really enjoyed the day out yesterday, proper club, everyone very friendly including the stewards (steward steward start the bounce), but especially the fan marquee, £2 a pint of real ale and an excellent band.
I thought your home end behind the goal looked great before the game, and kept the noise going throughout, we could still hear them when we were getting on the bus! We didn't really match you, although it was great to be on a proper terrace again, having no roof means all the noise gets lost.
I thought you were unlucky not to at least get a replay, but that's football I guess. The only real downer on the day was the comments by your manager, I know where he's coming from with the refs, but there was no disrespect intended by our manager and coaching staff celebrating with us fans at the end (didn't you do the same when you won promotion at Woking?).
Good luck for the future, hope to see you in the Championship one day.
Rambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2019, 15:10   #58
Senior Member+

I am so proud this weekend to be a Stanley Supporter.

Our 'Little Club' have done so well on all fronts in a memorable and rousing Fourth Round FA Cup tie.....

Well done to the staff under Andy Holt's direction for putting on a Big Match in front of that Capacity Crowd and witnessed by a massive TV audience too.......

Well done to the players for giving their all on the field and for showing the world that Stanley can compete with the best.......

Well done to John, Jimmy and the coaching staff for such thorough preparation that we gave Derby County
and Lovable Frank a real scare.......

Well done to The Stanley Ultras for the MAGNIFICENT show of flags and for helping to further motivate the players to do so well and to all the fans who turned up to urge Stanley on yesterday......

Well done to our Regular Stewards and the 'Extra' Stewards and Police who marshalled the match so sensibly......

Well done also to the Derby Supporters for helping to fill our ground not only in numbers but also with fervent and vocal support for their team.......

(I have to say it has taken me 24 hours to calm down and I want only to focus on the positives so I will shut up now....)
AccyMad, cashman, ossy kid and 6 others like this.

Last edited by choirboy; 27-01-2019 at 15:15.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2019, 15:46   #59

Well done Coley for apologising! My total faith restored in him.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2019, 16:10   #60
Senior Member+

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https...m5DHAENgdO&s=1
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..