Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree169Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-01-2019, 16:21   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Clayton End v Derby

Well fair play to J.C. it was needed and given.
Greeny, pifco and choirboy like this.
Old 27-01-2019, 17:12   #62

Did anyone else find the rotating flashing hoardings very distracting, they must be bad for the linesmen as well.
anmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2019, 17:27   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
When Emirates Airline are paying to advertise at your ground, you know you've hit the big time.
Result aside, what a superb day yesterday proved for those who really matter - the fans.
A veritable army of Derby fans invaded the town to discover what Accrington Stanley are all about - friendly hospitality & the best value-for-money in the football league.
You couldn't find a parking spot within a mile of the ground & every local pub was 'Rammed' (get it?) full.
The pre-match build up was electric with anticipation of a shock result. Should we be disappointed - NO!
Our boys played there part in a game which, on another day, could have gone our way. A draw would have been a fair result.
Forget the result. Yesterday was all about publicity.
Of reinforcing the reputation in the hearts & minds of the football loving public of our leading position as the plucky underdog who never gives up.
Judging by the positive comments from the Derby forum, we've added another legion of fans who have adopted our little club as their 'second' team.
What with bumper TV rights & another packed stadium, the coffers must be overflowing at the moment. Happy days indeed.
What a shame our manager spoiled the party with his unecessary (& unfounded) sour grapes after-match interview.
Mr Coleman, there were 5397 people who didn't agree with you!
Lord, I trust you won’t mind a mere commoner speaking up. I agree with most of your post, however, I think we should be disappointed. Our club has come such a long way, I for one am enjoying the journey, however, it’s not over yet in my eyes. If we are to continue progressing, we should be disappointed with yesterday’s result as we need to keep upping our chinning bar.

Whilst I am proud of how we presented and represented our club yesterday, I am disappointed we’re not at least in the 5th round draw
choirboy likes this.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2019, 17:30   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmc View Post
Did anyone else find the rotating flashing hoardings very distracting, they must be bad for the linesmen as well.
What about the team of trotting Sausage Dogs too!
I don't like the animations when watching football on TV either!
Still it helps make some money for somebody!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2019, 17:58   #65
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Found the dogs annoying and for life of me,cannot see the need fer em.
Old 27-01-2019, 18:33   #66
Super Moderator

I'm old like a few of us on here;

Will check but the LED boards brought in an extra £30K; that's will pay another player's wages in this window.

A pain; but income with not too much effort!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2019, 18:43   #67
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
I'm old like a few of us on here;

Will check but the LED boards brought in an extra £30K; that's will pay another player's wages in this window.

A pain; but income with not too much effort!
Worth asking if the dogs are really needed? all know the income is welcome and needed but is the price worth it. also can the dogs be stopped whilst the match is on?

Last edited by cashman; 27-01-2019 at 18:46.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2019, 18:56   #68
Full Member+

It was like being on Blackburn Greyhound track again. Memories.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2019, 19:01   #69
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyfan21 View Post
I don’t think it was as bad as people are making out to be! Both involved were 18/19 and I believe Sykes was angry that the Derby striker had dived, quite rightly so! He was just giving him a boot up the bum to get up, nothing malicious!
Could bring this in as a new EFL rule, if a player dives its ok to kick him.HMMM
cashman and ossy kid like this.
Old 27-01-2019, 20:07   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Could bring this in as a new EFL rule, if a player dives its ok to kick him.HMMM
If they had McConville would be black and blue after his embarrassing dive in the dying seconds.
After the repercussions from the Charlton game Sykes was silly to do what he did but, and this is not to condone him, I think he got a boot on the shin from the Derby player in the fracas.
accyfan21 likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2019, 10:22   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well on reflection the Ref did let the game flow no doubt, but was very inconsistent in what he viewed as offenses fer sure.
Old 28-01-2019, 17:13   #72
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well on reflection the Ref did let the game flow no doubt, but was very inconsistent in what he viewed as offenses fer sure.
Giving free kicks more to one side will make it look like he is letting the game flow. That's like you said inconsistent.
cashman likes this.
Old 28-01-2019, 18:13   #73
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Giving free kicks more to one side will make it look like he is letting the game flow. That's like you said inconsistent.
Being the gentleman i am, is why i used inconsistent, really i meant he was CRAP.
Old 28-01-2019, 19:57   #74
Full Member+

Does that mean he was C.onstantley R.epremanding A.ccy P.layers
Old 29-01-2019, 13:41   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Worth asking if the dogs are really needed? all know the income is welcome and needed but is the price worth it. also can the dogs be stopped whilst the match is on?

Thirty. Thousand. Pounds. Just let that sink in for a minute
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..