Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-01-2015, 10:01   #1
God Member

Club statement on the Bury pitch announcer

Thought I'd give it a few days, but I'm still fuming.

Let's recap: Those in charge at the club on a match day (not sure who they are anymore) decided to recruit Bury's pitch announcer for the home game against Bury on Tuesday night.

As any fan of an opposition team would on an away ground, this person took full advantage of his privileged position, giving full details on Bury's next away game at half time, followed by a 'come on you Mighty Shakers' chant.

Even taking away the support of the opposition team on our home ground, the professionalism was lacking; players' names were pronounced incorrectly and the delivery of the rest of the information was downright bizarre.

The club needs to make a public statement; firstly apologising profusely to the fans who paid to support the home team, and secondly to answer the following questions:
  1. Why wasn't our regular pitch announcer available? Why was there a problem?
  2. When faced with the problem, why not look inward and appoint someone from the club to do the job? Frank Martindale operated the microphone with appropriate gusto for many years.
  3. Why, when no one from the club was found (if indeed anyone was asked) did nobody ask one of the more oratorically-blessed fans to do the job? Timmins, either Seed or any number of people could (and would) have stepped up to the job. Not only would the job have been done properly, the club would have gone some way to engage with the fans.
I've rarely felt so angry at the club and I can't believe this matter hasn't been addressed publicly in the days following the game. It's appalling.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-01-2015, 10:35   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Club statement on the Bury pitch announcer

To me it was a complete disregard, for the Stanley Fans and whoever is responsible should be held to account, the same as any other worker. Though wi my broad accent, i woulda been useless shaker.
Old 30-01-2015, 11:20   #3
Senior Member+

Shaker,your not as angry as the players,who received parking fines whilst training at the DW in Blackburn !!
On the plus side,you have to be parked for over two hours,so the team must be fit !!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 11:45   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I've rarely felt so angry at the club and I can't believe this matter hasn't been addressed publicly in the days following the game. It's appalling.
It will only be addressed if any formal complaints have gone in. No, I don't know if any did before you ask
Old 30-01-2015, 13:08   #5
God Member

It was a complete farce, couldn't believe my ears so asked press people behind who the plonker was on the tannoy & it wad them who said they'd brought him with them from Bury!! Unbelievable!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 13:17   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
It was a complete farce, couldn't believe my ears so asked press people behind who the plonker was on the tannoy & it wad them who said they'd brought him with them from Bury!! Unbelievable!
Someone suggested that my dulcet, if slightly clipped, delivery might be the answer....then said ' On second thoughts......'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 13:34   #7

It might be an idea to have a 'home fan' on the tannoy every home game. I like the idea of a home supporter on the pitch Geeing up the homes fans!
Old 30-01-2015, 14:11   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsFc62 View Post
It might be an idea to have a 'home fan' on the tannoy every home game. I like the idea of a home supporter on the pitch Geeing up the homes fans!
100% agree as long as it's not DAV007 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smudgie likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 14:37   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
100% agree as long as it's not DAV007 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wouldnt be using Accyweb to judge a person in 'REAL' life

DAV007 actually alright! Slightly Coleman obsessed but im sure you all have your pleasures.

and im sure he giggles everytime he throws a line out and gets a whole bunch hooked on.
baldy, Stanleymad and football19 like this.
Old 30-01-2015, 19:19   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:

DAV007 actually alright! Slightly Coleman obsessed but im sure you all have your pleasures.

and im sure he giggles everytime he throws a line out and gets a whole bunch hooked on.
I think he's sitting with me tomorrow ,I just hope he doesn't come in his tranny gear.
DAV007 likes this.
Old 30-01-2015, 19:27   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

Maybe yer get hooked a bit yerself ash,? I met Dav years ago.
Chubbyman likes this.
Old 30-01-2015, 19:34   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Maybe yer get hooked a bit yerself ash,? I met Dav years ago.
DAV's put me to a lot of expense as well,I've broken 3 sea rods.
Old 30-01-2015, 19:38   #13
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
I just hope he doesn't come in his tranny gear.

It's not that bad surely, and will he be able to park his van somewhere safe?
Old 30-01-2015, 19:43   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
It's not that bad surely, and will he be able to park his van somewhere safe?
I'll message Rob Houseman and see if he can have his parking space.
Old 30-01-2015, 21:56   #15

Only if

A) he can get there before the visiting team's coach

B) he can stay till after it's gone

as Robert's car is blocked in by it!
Chubbyman likes this.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..