Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2007, 16:16   #16
Full Member+

Re: Clubhouse bar

Exactly. As I understood it, that was the system which had been in place. If, as Macca says, people have been sneaking through into the main stand, then, once again, it's down to poor organisation on the club's part, as the door has not been properly manned (The toilets, incidentally, are on the INSIDE of the main door.) Anyway. I would doubt that those of us who were just interested in going into the clubhouse for a drink would even WANT to go through into the stand. No, I just think it's another cop-out on the part of the club. They don't want the bother of policing it, so to hell with the supporters. What's new?
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2007, 16:22   #17
Senior Member+

Sorry Macca but you have got it wrong on this occasion. The bar was shut from the outside on the orders of the Police due to a perceived threat from Stockport fans. I know, because I have a season ticket for the main stand and went in via that entrance and asked why outside door shut. But on t'other hand, the club could have put a statement either on the web or on ta door for all to read!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2007, 20:19   #18
God Member

F A Inspection and no problems wanted for the Stockport match!

as far as the Lincoln game is concerned then exactly what I said Outback.
Old 27-02-2007, 21:40   #19
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Went to the Oakleigh before the Lincoln game because my club can't find a way of letting me spend my money behind my clubs bar, only to find away fans barred, cheers Stockport I have never had such a boring pre-match drink, no banter and chat with away fans I had to watch Man Utd v Fulham.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2007, 22:04   #20
God Member

yeah but Lincoln were in the Oaklea werent they? I was under the impression that the OAKLEA WAS GONNA BE HOME HOME FANS ONLY but because, as with everything else, they dont support it well enuff, things change. If we all made the Oaklea our pre mach tipple then it would be good, cheap and heaving with banter amongst our own - no away fans needed. But, in the meantime we drink in fifteeen different establishments and dont feel at home anywhere
Old 27-02-2007, 22:08   #21
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
yeah but Lincoln were in the Oaklea werent they? I was under the impression that the OAKLEA WAS GONNA BE HOME HOME FANS ONLY but because, as with everything else, they dont support it well enuff, things change. If we all made the Oaklea our pre mach tipple then it would be good, cheap and heaving with banter amongst our own - no away fans needed. But, in the meantime we drink in fifteeen different establishments and dont feel at home anywhere
I gotta agree with Macca on this one...

I tend to end up in pub with barely any Home fans in, and although they tend to be friendly, I would prefer some home-town company!

We should get a horde of us together in one pub before the match's and tell away fans it's full

Illustrations, Web & Graphic Design:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk

Accrington Stanley Section:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk/sections/accrington-stanley
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2007, 22:10   #22
God Member

right, so Oaklea?

seeing as how they have maybe barred away fans?

seeing as how they have contributed towards they kids christmas OSC do?

seeing as they would like to offer 15% ........????

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 27-02-2007 at 22:19.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2007, 22:11   #23
God Member

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/s...948#post389948

never understood why club doesnt just offer a membership scheme like they are doing with the kids go free at moment...just your card allows you access to the bar before the game

havent barred away fans infact we like having them in, its just we will not go against what they police advise to us...last week at the stockport game that was to be home fans only
Old 27-02-2007, 22:36   #24
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
yeah but Lincoln were in the Oaklea werent they?
No they where at the Grey Horse, if any where in the Oakleigh I never saw them. I prefer a mixture of fans as long as they are not idiots.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2007, 22:40   #25
Full Member+

Aye that would make sense, I was at the Greay Horse for a couple....

Old 27-02-2007, 22:44   #26
God Member

I went past about 1:40 and there were some stood outside, a load outside the chippie and a cart load crossing the road from the Grey Horse. I dont know whether any were drinking but it certainly looked like it.

All I know is that as a home fan we need a base where everybody knows we should be.

When we are away we always seem to find each other although we dont take over pubs like away fans do here. I also agree that banter can be good - but 5 or 6 to a pub full of 150 away fans aint banter to me!
Old 27-02-2007, 22:47   #27
God Member

let it also be said that as chairman of the OSC, one of the things we have tried to do this season and certainly for next season is to increase the bar takings. I would not like to take away from this but as the bar is open one week and not the next and people are not informed, I think suitable alternatives are well sought. As and when the situation regards the bar settles down to a point where we can drink there properly and every week then I will most cetainly advocate that.

Watch this space.
Old 27-02-2007, 22:49   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post
last week at the stockport game that was to be home fans only
i meant lincoln
Old 27-02-2007, 22:49   #29
Full Member+

Quote:
I went past about 1:40 and there were some stood outside, a load outside the chippie and a cart load crossing the road from the Grey Horse. I dont know whether any were drinking but it certainly looked like it.

All I know is that as a home fan we need a base where everybody knows we should be.

When we are away we always seem to find each other although we dont take over pubs like away fans do here. I also agree that banter can be good - but 5 or 6 to a pub full of 150 away fans aint banter to me!
Defo mate! It's certainly a problem, but one we an easily solve. We just need to agree to agree to make sure alot o us will be in one place, e.g. Oaklea, fair enuff its easier said than done, but it would be worth the effort!

Old 27-02-2007, 22:59   #30
God Member

several times we have arranged pre-match drinks in one place (usually town and work our way upwards from 1pm ono for midweek) and these are usually well supported. Like I said, we all have our local ish where we wanna start from, the trick is to all start and maybe finish in the same place.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..