Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2007, 23:02   #31
Full Member+

Re: Clubhouse bar

Well let me know the starting post...

I cant promise I'll make it all the way, but I'm supposedly and Athlete in my prime?! lol!

I'll be there pal.

Illustrations, Web & Graphic Design:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk

Accrington Stanley Section:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk/sections/accrington-stanley
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-02-2007, 07:37   #32

Just after the oakleigh reopened myself and a few other stanley fans got turned away, being told it was full but just as we were walking aways they let some others in so as a rule we have all deceided not to set foot in the place so we now always go in the gray horse across the road.
rishton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2007, 08:16   #33
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I've seen people turned away for wearing trackie pants when I've been let in looking scruffier in jeans, although I had to remove my baseball cap.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2007, 15:55   #34
Senior Member+

When we first opened we were going to be home fans only. However, for the first hour & a half there were no Stanley fans in sight. I don't have a problem with home & away fans mixing & enjoying the banter together. The Lincoln game was a one off, we were advised by both the Cheshire police & the Lancashire police to only allow home fans in. As for the Stockport game, we had to close the pub (again on police advice), due to the fact that we had 20 Burnley & Leeds fans (known trouble makers) in the pub who were waiting for the game to finish so that they could start something with the Stockport fans.

As for the tracksuit rule, well this is a company rule which myself, my partner & all my staff will always try to enforce.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2007, 17:09   #35
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyJay View Post
When we first opened we were going to be home fans only. However, for the first hour & a half there were no Stanley fans in sight. I don't have a problem with home & away fans mixing & enjoying the banter together. The Lincoln game was a one off, we were advised by both the Cheshire police & the Lancashire police to only allow home fans in. As for the Stockport game, we had to close the pub (again on police advice), due to the fact that we had 20 Burnley & Leeds fans (known trouble makers) in the pub who were waiting for the game to finish so that they could start something with the Stockport fans.
Thanks for the info accyjay, pity the club aren't as free with letting us know when the clubhouse is open.
Of course if you know Russell Whalley you're ok, otherwise as we found out last week if your names not on the list you're not coming in.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 28-02-2007, 17:15   #36
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyJay View Post
As for the tracksuit rule, well this is a company rule which myself, my partner & all my staff will always try to enforce.
And rightly so, bloody urchins, 20 stone and wearing trackie pants, never understood that one.

Old 28-02-2007, 17:31   #37
God Member

and they order diet coke with their pie, peas, chips and gravy with a teacake?
Old 28-02-2007, 17:35   #38
Member.

Maybe we should all go in the Main Stand next week? Then again. Any body got any comment on the Black Sheep in the Crown?

If the lock out is to continue and in absence of a supporters bar at the Clayton end who’s got what Real/Best Ale in the local area, also who’s doing the best pre match grub.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 17:32   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
pie, peas, chips and gravy with a teacake?
Whats wrong with a Wigan buttie - thats racist that Macca lol

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 17:42   #40
God Member

ya only get Wiggin butties in Wiggin!

here we just call em Pie Butts. And they are banned from t'oaklea an all, its a posh gaff you know.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..