Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-09-2018, 16:48   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Cod Army Thread

Highlights (from FTFC):
https://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/news...ey-highlights/
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-09-2018, 19:02   #32

“if you have such opinions you should at least stick to them”

Why’s that Twenty Eight? Surely it’s best to revise them as things change?
cashman, yonmon, sherry and 1 others like this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 19:17   #33

Eight games into the season now, an first game apart, I’ve not seen anything that says our team can’t hold itself at this level. With a little more luck, we’d have had 4 more points, however, all considered, we’ve had a solid start.

The squad is deep, as Coley has said, and we have different types of players to give us options off the bench. For example, Zanzala. He’s a willing runner and quick, so gives us the alternative of going long. Could do with a little more composure nearer goal, which will hopefully come with time. He’s a habit of going to ground and staying there too long, which he needs to get rid off quickly. A goal would do him good. Still think we lack someone with the pace of Jackson as one of our first 11. Zanzala doesn’t deserve a staring place for me at the moment.

Just a word on Fleetwood. Thought that they pulled every time wasting trick in the book after half time, then wanted the game sped up after we equalised.

Lots of opinion on Conneely at moment - my take is that he’s one of those players you only really notice when they’re not playing - breaks lots up and keeps the ball moving. Given how tight games are in first hour or so, again deserves to start for me as does effective screening job.
AccyMad likes this.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 19:41   #34
Senior Member+

Lee Carter on Twitter: "Tackle of the day... #asfc… " https://buff.ly/2QAYm7G
AccyMad, yonmon and sherry like this.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 20:01   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
“if you have such opinions you should at least stick to them”

Why’s that Twenty Eight? Surely it’s best to revise them as things change?
Go on then - tell me what’s changed in Zanzala since Cashmans comments to which Accymad referred .... or have I missed something ?
He’s gone from Conference standard to a League One starter ??? Interesting.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 20:08   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
unreal we been all over em and just gone 1 down wi their first effort on goal.

Due to what, in my opinion, was a dubious free kick on LH edge of area!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 21:08   #37
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Go on then - tell me what’s changed in Zanzala since Cashmans comments to which Accymad referred .... or have I missed something ?
I was of the same opinion as Cashy when Zanzala came on in his first couple of games running like a young foal that had not found its legs yet, then think it was 3rd or 4th game after 5mins I turned to the fan next to me (who I do know)and said Zanzala is running and moving a hell of a lot better like he had found his legs,or someone had had a word in his shell like. Just my opinion.
Wynonie Harris and cashman like this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 21:10   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
28 you can give it out but can't take it stop slagging our player's of. You don't like it when they talk about your son do you ?
Hot head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 21:20   #39

28 you like to give it out but don't like to take it.I know conneely is your son but he's not having a very good time at the moment and shouldn't get a starting place at the moment.sorry if you don't like it but that's my view.
Hot head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 12:43   #40

I thought Barlaser was a right donkey after seeing him for 10 mins in the last home game but towards the end I revised my opinion slightly, and after hearing reports from this saturday may well be about to revise it upwards yet again.

I'm delighted that i was wrong and so quickly too.... i'm sure Cashy will be if Zanzala sets League 1 alight.
Wynonie Harris and cashman like this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 19:30   #41
Senior Member+

In last Saturday's Daily Mail, Judith Addison answered a question about the reason for Fleetwood supporters being called The Cod Army. In less polite circles they are called Cod Heads. Both of these names are of relatively modern origin. They didn't exist in the 1970s.I suspect they arose at the time that the Press were referring to 'The Cod wars' when British boats were banned from Icelandic waters.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 20:49   #42
Super Moderator

Mark my words, Zanzala is going to be a real asset for us. You could see his quality starting to shine through towards the end of the Burton match.
yonmon likes this.
Old 18-09-2018, 07:45   #43
Senior Member+

gee wizz going by the comments on previous posts Zanzala he must of had a blinder at Fleetwood, I hadn't rated him on what I've seen prior to that match and I didn't attend the Fleetwood match so I'm looking forward to seeing the lads improved performance repeated this saturday
monkey hanger likes this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..