Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-07-2022, 19:18   #31
God Member

Re: Colby Bishop leaving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
OK Andy - so let me re word the question.
How much of the undisclosed will be spent on players ?
We need forward(s).
I really haven't got a clue but I do know the club are trying for players and striker,s one came on yesterday against Sunderland and he could possibly join looked useful, but who would you sign and what wages would you pay them when their agent sits at the table to discuss the salary.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-07-2022, 22:07   #32
Senior Member+

You talk like this problem is alien to our club Accy - but come out with the same strap line.
I really don't want to come across as a negative - or as a Troll as Valarian likes to put it.
However if we know what had come in fee wise compared to what we we know has been expended on facilities then a genius wouldn't have a problem in calculating the investment in the product on the pitch.

Here's a few undisclosed
Pearson
Johnson
Jackson
Donacien
Sykes
Bishop

There are others.

Expenditure ?

Let me get one thing straight. Coley and Co. Geniuses.

But how much longer before the bubble bursts ?
Who's next ? Nottingham ?

If I've offended anyone - tough ****

I've walked away from this forum and can do it again.
Again I ask an honest question.

Are you happy with the squad ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2022, 07:04   #33
God Member

Quote:
You talk like this problem is alien to our club Accy - but come out with the same strap line.
I really don't want to come across as a negative - or as a Troll as Valarian likes to put it.
However if we know what had come in fee wise compared to what we we know has been expended on facilities then a genius wouldn't have a problem in calculating the investment in the product on the pitch.

Here's a few undisclosed
Pearson
Johnson
Jackson
Donacien
Sykes
Bishop

There are others.

Expenditure ?

Let me get one thing straight. Coley and Co. Geniuses.

But how much longer before the bubble bursts ?
Who's next ? Nottingham ?

If I've offended anyone - tough ****

I've walked away from this forum and can do it again.
Again I ask an honest question.

Are you happy with the squad ?
I think most supporters of most clubs will be critical of their respective squads ask for example Everton this year protests already before the season every one has expectations it's what makes for the excitement but we are alien as a club as you put it because the fans as a whole don't turn and call for the management,s heads to roll at the first sign of failure . Last season I was a bit concerned especially after Charles left us in the mire and we won't get away with -19 goals against and finish top half again but we did and for that he at has to be applauded. Has for this seasons squad I have been to all the home friendly,s and like the dearth of young talent we have coming through , Coley looks like he's pulled another masterstroke with convincing Burnley to loan us Jenson what a prospect he looks and hopefully he will help organise the back line, striker,s position is always difficult but we have a new man in Lowe who puts himself about strong and works hard and Coley is working on bringing someone in more positive actually in the squad than last season, over to you Twenty Eight has I said can you suggest anyone out there who we can put to the club to bring in
cashman and Watchdog like this.

Last edited by andyd; 25-07-2022 at 07:07.
Old 25-07-2022, 07:15   #34
God Member

Sorry I forgot to mention expenditure not a clue what we have paid out recently but we have paid a fee for a few but one thing that I can wager is that the balance sheet will show since Andy Holt has been here is a plus. And Andy is busy fighting our corner for the club over the stupid EFL,s distribution rules over streaming rights of platforms such as Ifollow due to meet them in August. Hopefully he succeeds in getting a fairer deal for Accy and other clubs so has the income grows for us and ultimately so does the club including the playing side including our now fabulous academy set up.
Watchdog likes this.
Old 25-07-2022, 08:11   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

PERSONALLY I think we got a decent squad for this season you can think what you like 28 yer entitled,
andyd and Watchdog like this.
Old 25-07-2022, 08:17   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
PERSONALLY I think we got a decent squad for this season you can think what you like 28 yer entitled,
I agree Cashy for what we have "spent " and think a few clubs will look on enviously.
cashman likes this.
Old 26-07-2022, 09:22   #37
Senior Member+

Andy,
Let's not confuse two topics.
It's not for a fan to select targets that's the Manager and his Staff's job.
However as you rightly state that is governed by a budget.
All I've asked is how much of the revenue from player sales directly transfers to Coley's budget to acquire players.
Let's assume the rumours of the undisclosed are correct.
£800k banked.
If it's nothing fair enough.
All this talk about Agents etc makes it sound like only Accy have a problem and that Agents are the problem.
Not true.
Anyway enough of it.
We've replaced a £500k striker with an untried centre forward and as Chewy has pointed out on the other thread that will be minimal outlay.
Great business if it comes off.
Personally I think we lack experience up there.
Time to move on I think.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2022, 17:05   #38

Quote:
Andy,
Let's not confuse two topics.
It's not for a fan to select targets that's the Manager and his Staff's job.
However as you rightly state that is governed by a budget.
All I've asked is how much of the revenue from player sales directly transfers to Coley's budget to acquire players.
Let's assume the rumours of the undisclosed are correct.
£800k banked.
If it's nothing fair enough.
All this talk about Agents etc makes it sound like only Accy have a problem and that Agents are the problem.
Not true.
Anyway enough of it.
We've replaced a £500k striker with an untried centre forward and as Chewy has pointed out on the other thread that will be minimal outlay.
Great business if it comes off.
Personally I think we lack experience up there.
Time to move on I think.
Yes probably time.....as there are too many unknowns, and generally Stanley fans are happy to "play one of the smallest player budget cards" when talking to fans of other clubs. It also helps the Manager and Staff keep fan expectations in check each season. The "Stanley-Way" of selling the players it has either "rejuvenated" or "coached and improved" and replacing them with players who have either "lost their way" or "have talent but need help" continues under Coley and Holt. That is the "the recruitment strategy" at Accrington. There obviously is some money for Fees but not a great deal for improving wages. The extra budget available to us in League 1 has been spent on the U23 set up. Which as we all know is a very slow burn, but does sometimes turn up real gems.

As always, I await the start of the season on Saturday against Charlton with a mixture of both excitement and trepidation. Charlton should be a good test of how we might fair this season, and I just don't want to lose.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2022, 07:53   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Yes probably time.....as there are too many unknowns, and generally Stanley fans are happy to "play one of the smallest player budget cards" when talking to fans of other clubs. It also helps the Manager and Staff keep fan expectations in check each season. The "Stanley-Way" of selling the players it has either "rejuvenated" or "coached and improved" and replacing them with players who have either "lost their way" or "have talent but need help" continues under Coley and Holt. That is the "the recruitment strategy" at Accrington. There obviously is some money for Fees but not a great deal for improving wages. The extra budget available to us in League 1 has been spent on the U23 set up. Which as we all know is a very slow burn, but does sometimes turn up real gems.

As always, I await the start of the season on Saturday against Charlton with a mixture of both excitement and trepidation. Charlton should be a good test of how we might fair this season, and I just don't want to lose.
Youth product Lesley Adekoya at just 18years old signs a two year first professional contract and joins the first team set up great news and an example of the way forward for Stanley, We will never on our attendance,s compete in the wages department and we can afford small fee,s for certain players but we can't half compete on the pitch.
cashman and pifco like this.

Last edited by andyd; 27-07-2022 at 07:56.
Old 29-07-2022, 12:50   #40
God Member

Cameron Branagan turns down a move to Blackpool who had triggered a release clause with a offer of seven figure,s to remain at Oxford signing a new improved 3 years deal even Appleton remarked his salary offer for league 1 must have been a great one to turn them down, he was one of the top end earners at Oxford probably now the top not the biggest club attendance wise but budget wise they blow us out of the water.
Old 06-08-2022, 12:12   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

most clubs blow us out the water budget wise, i dont bother about that at all.its up to us us to prove thats not everything. imho
Watchdog likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..