Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2017, 13:38   #46

Re: Colchester match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
And I fear another departure is imminent.
You going to name names??
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-08-2017, 14:18   #47
God Member

Smile Re: Colchester match thread

Was contemplating at half time... we have lost 4 of our best 5 players from last season in, Matty, Rodak, Harvey and Shay (Billy being the 5th) yet, it did not show

A very good performance yesterday, against a team that will be up there - in my opinion.

All looking good so far

AccyMad, cashman and football19 like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 14:40   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Was contemplating at half time... we have lost 4 of our best 5 players from last season in, Matty, Rodak, Harvey and Shay (Billy being the 5th) yet, it did not show

A very good performance yesterday, against a team that will be up there - in my opinion.

All looking good so far

More or less exactly what we were saying coming off yesterday.
Old 06-08-2017, 14:51   #49
God Member

Very good performance yesterday all 11 players performed well the 3 debutants were all great we at last have some genuine pace up front and in Nolan in midfield a lovely passer of the ball centre half pairing looked great never looked like we were,nt going to win ad Coley says there are going to be another couple of signings bring on Preston.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 15:46   #50
Senior Member+

2 mins of highlights from a CUFC site:
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...ed/news/46149/

Nice cross from Sean!
cashman likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 18:27   #51

Was just wonderful to be back yesterday. Lovely summers day, the Clayton End in fine voice and Coley in a new suit so sharp he could probably cut steaks with it.

Changes had been made with the season ticket vouchers. A system designed to stop some sort of major ticket touting I would think. I think that's progress - gearing ourselves up for when tens of thousands of glory hunters are locked out as we take on Barca in the CL.

Somerset would have been disappointed - the Pitch looked amazing yesterday. Each blade looked hand cut.

Shame they can't sort out those half time queues for drinks though. Slowly pouring each drink on demand can be improved on. Deffo a lost revenue opportunity as things stand.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 19:38   #52
Senior Member+

100% my friend not helped when they run out of change as well !
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 08:08   #53
God Member

for me the game had everything. all the new lads playing as if they,d been with us years. great goals opposition who tried to play football without kicking us to death. a decent referee which is the hardest thing to find at the wham. we even got a few comedy interludes with chapmans kicking. could not of asked for more.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 13:52   #54
Full Member+

I am looking forward to seeing the new keeper in action but can't go on Tuesday night. We must not forget the quality of players we have on the bench either, Our own academy lads are pretty good as well as the other signings. We have the ingredients now all we need is the method and the cake is ours.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..