Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2017, 16:31   #76

Re: Colchester United Thread,

No, I just said "please can I have your signature" and he said he hated Stanley and the only place his signature was goingwas at the bottom of a Burnley contract.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-02-2017, 16:33   #77
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I'm hoping all this is meant as sarcasm? Didn't see Rommy do any of that, he was his usual cool, professional self on the pitch & there's no way he would speak to any fan in that way & that isn't me seeing him through Stanley tinted glasses
I don't think Lord would lie about this. Regarding Boco's performance in the pitch I quite agree, he wasn't thinking of the team
nancy boy 2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 16:35   #78
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
No, I just said "please can I have your signature" and he said he hated Stanley and the only place his signature was goingwas at the bottom of a Burnley contract.
Ah I see Lord you are winding us up?
Old 19-02-2017, 16:48   #79
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Wind up merchant! Some may have fallen for your wit with regard to his playing ability but anyone who knows Rommy wouldn't have believed the other part of your post for a second
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 16:57   #80
Full Member+

Why would a middle aged Leeds fan stoop as low as asking for a league 2 players autograph?

Maybe if you are under 13 it could be acceptable, otherwise autograph hunters are as bad as chuggers and door to door types.

To be fair he probably thought you were taking the ****.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 16:59   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well i fell fer it, based on the fact sod all surprises me about footballers these days.
Old 19-02-2017, 18:12   #82

Brown didn't stop running and other than Beckles (Because of the sending off) I would give every Stanley player at least 7 out of 10 and would have given Brown an 8.

You don't beat and outplay over the 90 mins a team well above you in the table when you only have 10 men and they are given a soft penalty by having passengers in the team.
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 18:17   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by widnes viking View Post
Brown didn't stop running and other than Beckles (Because of the sending off) I would give every Stanley player at least 7 out of 10 and would have given Brown an 8.

You don't beat and outplay over the 90 mins a team well above you in the table when you only have 10 men and they are given a soft penalty by having passengers in the team.
Every jack man deserved a 10 based on the second half performance alone
AccyMad likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 18:22   #84
Senior Member+

Quote:
Everyone's entitled to their opinion but I'm sorry Rommy Boco can never be described as a waste of time! He had his doubters when he came back last January but he's proved them all wrong. Personally I hope he goes nowhere in the summer
Scott Brown slow? He might not be the best player on the pitch but he never stops running & making a nuisance of himself to the opposition.i
Not sure we were watching the same game but as I said, it's all about opinions
AccyMad! , I think from my numerous posts in relation to The Prince of Benin that most on our Forum are aware of the fact that I too am a person who holds him in high regard. I met him the very first day he set foot in The Crown as a young lad who spoke very little English, but soon let his skills speak for him on the field . Since that time I have never found him to be less than polite and considerate whenever we meet , and consider him to be a player who has always given 100% to the team on the field.
In another somewhat protracted thread, the usual love/hate argument regarding Sean MacConville's contribution to the team is maintaining it's momentum and some have agreed that although he is enjoying a bit of form and consistency at the moment, he has had his spells of abject failure over the years !.
So it must be for Romuald, and any other footballer. Days of sheer success are mixed in with periods where nothing goes right and the label 'failure' is pinned on their shirt !.
Unfortunately, I couldn't be there yesterday, but if Rommy fell well below expectations as some have suggested, both as a footballer and a man, then he will not be the first or the last player who wears his Stanley heart on his sleeve to let disappointments and frustrations direct his post-match attitude, and believe me over many years I have witnessed some extremely strange and unexplainable shenanigans from Players and Managers as they have headed towards the Dressing Rooms after the Match .
Can I, in agreement with your post, suggest that wind-up or not, that we all wait until the player in question let's the Reds down on a regular basis before issuing words of condemnation.
Rommy Boco is a footballer who thrives on the support of his fans, an this in turn is reflected in the confidence which it inspires in his play . So along with AccyMad and myself to name but two, please keep this support heading in his direction, he still has much to offer our Club !.
As to his choice of words, the term 'eff off' ,is not one which I care to use, but as a 5 year old told me to do just that in W.H. Smith's the other day, I suppose that I must expect it, along with other vulgar invective phrases as common parlance.( Indeed I have often heard certain Football Managers stoop to using it !.).
I can understand Lord Didsbury bristling with indignation at this riposte from Mr Boco, and can only commiserate with him in his discombobulation.

Last edited by yonmon; 19-02-2017 at 18:25.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 18:29   #85
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by widnes viking View Post

Viking old boy, agree with you re the lads digging in, but I wasn't the only one who thought "wee Scott" isn't the sort we need, I just stopped at the garage to fill the old girl up and had a quick glance through all the red tops, the sun and others gave him a 5 and everyone else a 7
Old 19-02-2017, 19:17   #86

The S#n !!!!!!! Nuff said
AccyMad and yonmon like this.
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 19:22   #87
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy boy 2007 View Post
Viking old boy, agree with you re the lads digging in, but I wasn't the only one who thought "wee Scott" isn't the sort we need, I just stopped at the garage to fill the old girl up and had a quick glance through all the red tops, the sun and others gave him a 5 and everyone else a 7
I bet the person behind the counter at the garage was impressed that you read through the sports pages of all the newspapers without buying one just to check our players ratings in each
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 19:29   #88

The only place Rommy should be going in May is to Coley's office to sign an extension.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 19:47   #89
I am Banned

Quote:
I bet the person behind the counter at the garage was impressed that you read through the sports pages of all the newspapers without buying one just to check our players ratings in each
I don't think they were interested - however I did buy a Sunday telegraph as my friend likes the Sunday supliment - though I doubt they had a reporter at our game!
Old 19-02-2017, 19:48   #90
I am Banned

Surely we will go with a back three on Tuesday?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..