Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2017, 11:31   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Colchester United Thread,

Really looking forward to the game, be good to see Kurtis again hope he dont score, unless its a late consolation, that i can tolerate.
Revived Red and monkey hanger like this.
Old 17-02-2017, 11:42   #2
God Member

Re: Colchester United Thread,

always had a soft spot for colchester after they beat a certain west yorkshire side in the cup years ago. play a decent brand of football but i,ll leave my soft nature at home tomorrow afternoon.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 12:20   #3
God Member

Don't forget they've also got young Fosu there on loan, hope our defence ain't terrified . . . .
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 15:27   #4
God Member

Smile Re: Colchester United Thread,

Nobody terrifies Matty P!!!!!!!!!!!

AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 16:43   #5
Senior Member+

Team selection will be interesting. Stick or twist ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 16:57   #6
God Member

We'll have to twist a bit, Donacien is suspended for tomorrow's game - then it depends if any if the injuries we picked up have an effect, guess it's just wait & see
Old 17-02-2017, 17:34   #7

Bloody Colchester need a good seeing to for what they did to Super Leeds in 1971.
I'm predicting a 3-0 drubbing of them.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 17:44   #8

I wonder how many ex Stanley players feel the same way as Kurtis Guthrie about our club. He's the first I've heard speak about us in this way. (Taken from local Colchester newspaper)

Kurtis Guthrie does not have particularly fond memories of Accrington Stanley, even though they were the first club to give him his big chance in professional football

Front-runner Guthrie, Colchester United’s leading scorer with 11 goals, moved to Accrington from his Jersey base in 2011, after stints on the island at St Clement and Trinity.

But the 23-year-old dropped into non-league, following his one and only season with Stanley, mustering just 13 senior appearances with no goals.

Instead he re-established himself at Bath City, Welling United and Forest Green Rovers, before getting his second opportunity at Football League level with the U’s, from last summer.

Guthrie has not looked back since, and has helped himself to nine goals in his last 14 outings to boost the U’s play-off credentials.

“There’s no love lost, between me and Accrington,” insisted Guthrie.

“They are just a club that took me on at the time, and that’s all they are there to me now. I don’t talk to the manager (John Coleman) or anything.

“So it’s just another game for me, and another chance to get three points.

“I think leaving Accrington was the best thing for me. Going to Accrington at the time, it was a club that did not have a lot of money anyway and the facilities were not the best.

“So it was like starting right from the bottom of the professional game.

“I then came out of that environment completely, rebuilding my career, I think that was the best thing for me.

“Sometimes players have to go through such times in their careers, to move on, and if anything I am thankful that it ended badly for me at Accrington.

“Instead, I was able to go and find a completely different route. That has helped me to build as a person, start from scratch and rebuild my career, so I see it as a positive,” added Guthrie.

Last edited by stanleyhouse; 17-02-2017 at 17:46.
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 17:55   #9
God Member

Kinda get where he's coming from, we signed him from practically a pub team & billed him as the next big thing before he was anywhere near ready for league football - imho there was too much pressure on him & it all went wrong.
He could've gone back home with his tail between his legs but good on him for building up his career from non league, just a pity we didn't have the luxury of time to bring him through slowly - could've been a whole different story
Old 17-02-2017, 18:04   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well the fans i know took to him when he was here, but if thats his view i hope he dont even score a consolation goal. hes just merited some abuse as far as i'm concerned now.
Old 17-02-2017, 18:38   #11
God Member

Don't think it's our fans he's talking about Cashy & to be honest as much as we're just another club to him, he's just someone who once played for us very briefly - no more, no less
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 17-02-2017, 18:44   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Don't think it's our fans he's talking about Cashy & to be honest as much as we're just another club to him, he's just someone who once played for us very briefly - no more, no less
No i dont think hes talking about the fans Di, but he comes across to me as an ungrateful, slightly arrogant scrote.
Old 18-02-2017, 07:29   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
remember its just a job for him. he,s not a supporter of the club like all the rest that come and go. probebly the move came too early for him in his career.
Old 18-02-2017, 07:34   #14
God Member

[QUOTE=Lord Didsbury;1187720]Bloody Colchester need a good seeing to for what they did to Super Leeds in 1971.
a great memory of good old layer road. listened to the game on my car valve radio outside my garage. seems just like yesterday. sorry your lordship.
Old 18-02-2017, 10:33   #15

What's the team going to be today then? Same starting line up as last week, but Rodgers in for the Don and possibly Edwards replacing Shay?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..