Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2012, 08:55   #151

Re: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brierls View Post
Have you got a mate who works at Stan James as well? Perhaps you could shed some light on that one too.

I've just had a gander at Coleman's post match interview on your OS, I think there's been an issue with the upload. The press chap says he'll talk about the game first, then ask about a few 'other issues'. He does talk about the game, but then the uploaded interview stops suddenly without any mention of 'other issues'. I was expecting the interviewer to ask about the Dale link and Coleman to deny any interest and pledge his allegiance to Accy...
I noticed this aswell.
Ouber is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-01-2012, 09:00   #152
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Daft as it sounds in Football, Coley has a job fer life at stanley, I certainly have no intention of speculating who? i can only echo what Bob Dobson n others have said,n leave speculation to those who need to.
Old 23-01-2012, 09:11   #153

At the end of the day there is really only one person who knows what will happen and that is JC, at stanley he has probably more job security than nearly every other football manager but when all said JC is no different than the rest of us with bills to pay etc and might also see this as a new challenge with what I would think would be a considerable pay rise, on the down side though he would be jumping onto the football manager merry go round.
At some stage the king is likely to go and ply his trade elsewhere but it,s up to him where that is and when it happens, but IMHO Rochdale ain,t it and it,s up to our chairman and his team to step up and offer the man the world.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 09:20   #154
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
At some stage the king is likely to go and ply his trade elsewhere but it,s up to him where that is and when it happens, but IMHO Rochdale ain,t it and it,s up to our chairman and his team to step up and offer the man the world.
How much does the world cost?? The stark reality is we aint got enough money!! I dont know what our chairman & co can offer, other than hope that new stadium & facilities can improve, sure yeh proccys sale money would buy a player or 2 at push, but realistically dont know what more we can offer other than a guarantee of employment till contract is up or more time.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 09:47   #155
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouber View Post
I noticed this aswell.
These quotes...

Speaking after Saturday's goalless draw at Aldershot, Coleman told BBC Radio Lancashire: "If the sum of your ambitions is to manage in League Two with a club who's on a small budget, I think our club wouldn't benefit from it.

"If our club didn't realise I was ambitious we'd possibly still be in the UniBond."

...or words to that effect, may have been what was missing from the end of the interview.

(Taken from the BBC website - BBC Sport - Rochdale to talk to Accrington Stanley's John Coleman)

I'll still believe it when it happens. Accy fans can take hope from Rob Heys bullish stance on Twitter.
Brierls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 10:10   #156
Dan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brierls View Post
These quotes...

Speaking after Saturday's goalless draw at Aldershot, Coleman told BBC Radio Lancashire: "If the sum of your ambitions is to manage in League Two with a club who's on a small budget, I think our club wouldn't benefit from it.

"If our club didn't realise I was ambitious we'd possibly still be in the UniBond."

...or words to that effect, may have been what was missing from the end of the interview.

(Taken from the BBC website - BBC Sport - Rochdale to talk to Accrington Stanley's John Coleman)

I'll still believe it when it happens. Accy fans can take hope from Rob Heys bullish stance on Twitter.
Just to clarify, Radio Lancashire's post match interview is filmed for the website, with match related stuff going online. The full interview goes out on Radio Lancs.

This happens every week, so nothing unusual about this weekend's ending at the end of the discussion on the game. Hope this explanation helps

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 11:09   #157

From Wikipedia

John Coleman (born 12 October 1962) is an English football manager and former player. He is currently manager of League Two side Accrington Stanley.

Coleman had a long playing career, mainly in non-league football for Kirkby Town, Burscough, Marine, Southport, Runcorn F.C. Halton, Macclesfield Town, Morecambe, Lancaster City and Ashton United. He also had a short spell in Wales with Rhyl. He was one of the most prolific non-league goalscorers in history, with over 500 goals to his name in a career spanning almost two decades. This success saw him play for the England National Game XI (the England team for semi-professional players) and receive many Player of the Year awards from the clubs he played for.[1]

He was appointed player-manager of Ashton United in 1997. After two years, he joined Accrington Stanley then playing in the Northern Premier League First Division. His tenure has seen the club win three promotions as champions to enter the Football League in 2006. He is also the club's longest ever serving manager. Furthermore, he was the third longest serving manager in England, behind Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsène Wenger until he joined Rochdale AFC.

Last edited by smobile; 23-01-2012 at 11:10. Reason: Made Bold
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 11:21   #158
God Member

Do not forget, anybody can update Wiki!!!! Maybe a playful Dale FAN????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 11:24   #159
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
You're probably right, and they're making a fool of themselves. Dale fans really shouldn't tweak the nipples of the Football Gods like that!
Brierls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 11:28   #160
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Could be. They forgot to alter the first sentence!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 11:32   #161
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
From Wikipedia

John Coleman (born 12 October 1962) is an English football manager and former player. He is currently manager of League Two side Accrington Stanley.

Coleman had a long playing career, mainly in non-league football for Kirkby Town, Burscough, Marine, Southport, Runcorn F.C. Halton, Macclesfield Town, Morecambe, Lancaster City and Ashton United. He also had a short spell in Wales with Rhyl. He was one of the most prolific non-league goalscorers in history, with over 500 goals to his name in a career spanning almost two decades. This success saw him play for the England National Game XI (the England team for semi-professional players) and receive many Player of the Year awards from the clubs he played for.[1]

He was appointed player-manager of Ashton United in 1997. After two years, he joined Accrington Stanley then playing in the Northern Premier League First Division. His tenure has seen the club win three promotions as champions to enter the Football League in 2006. He is also the club's longest ever serving manager. Furthermore, he was the third longest serving manager in England, behind Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsène Wenger until he joined Rochdale AFC.

It's been rectified.......took me all of 30 seconds!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 11:43   #162
Junior Member+

Rochdale Ob/Manchester Evening News report:

Dazed Dale badly need John Coleman?s fight | Rochdale Observer - menmedia.co.uk
Dale2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 12:27   #163

Good article that----------not, funny thing is he has agreed terms over the weekend and here,s me thinking JC was down in Aldershot since Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 12:35   #164
Senior Member+

He was down south, in the de vere - farnborough !!!!,with the team and coaches, defo no meetings or anything
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 14:39   #165
God Member

Im saying nothing [cos i dont have fact] rumour jungle has be really rattled all i can say is be prepared be very prepared

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..