Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-01-2012, 17:15   #226

Re: Coleman

in the lancashire post it said around 75 grand for procter
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-01-2012, 18:27   #227
Junior Member+

A thank you from our club.
Rochdale | News | Latest News | Latest News | Thank you to Accrington Stanley for their co-operation
UpTheDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 18:33   #228
Senior Member+

Just read that, nice touch Dale.

Really hope Coley and Bell keep them up !

Plus we join them up there next season
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 20:11   #229
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
We are now in the age of TRANSPARENCY so there should not be any "undisclosed fees". The transfer fee we received for Proccy should be made public, and especially, the compensation received from Rochdale for Coley should be made public. The only reason I can think of that these amounts are "undisclosed" is that the management do not want to feel embarrassed by the small amounts accepted. So come on Ilyas or Peter Shaw or Rob Houseman or Peter Marsden, be transparent and let us know how much we have received.

I disagree.

Disclosing the fees could lead to other clubs having us over a barrel for the amount they demand for players/their manager.

I think there's a line to be drawn between transparency and keeping the club's business in house.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 20:19   #230
God Member

I disagree Shaky. We know that Rochdale received £265k for Alan Knill - I bet we didn't get that for Coleman. A quick google will also probably reveal how much compo they paid Steve Eyre when they sacked him in December (3 1/2yr contract remaining).

We could find out how much Preston received for their last transfer out and safely bet that we didn't get that for Procter.

Its hardly the top of the Premiership and knowing a club is awash with coin because they've moved a big name on.

My thoughts are that with tiny clubs like us we feel like it is us that are constantly being 'encouraged' to have that extra pint, or a flutter on the half time draw. It is who shake and then fill the buckets when we need it. Granted its not as much as IK has put in but thats the feel behind a community club. When figures are undisclosed it gives the cloak and dagger impression.

On the other hand I know people who still think we have the Brett Ormerod money to spend ...
Old 24-01-2012, 20:20   #231
God Member

Looks like Coley's first signing could be Kevin Long?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 20:22   #232
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I disagree.

Disclosing the fees could lead to other clubs having us over a barrel for the amount they demand for players/their manager.

I think there's a line to be drawn between transparency and keeping the club's business in house.

It could also be that the club forking out have asked for the fee to be undisclosed.

The figure will be in the accounts anyway won't it ?
Old 24-01-2012, 20:25   #233
God Member

I do understand why people would wish to know the fees involved - especially when the non-disclosure of financial items lead us to such ruin in past times - I just don't feel it's necessary to disclose this information.

For me, the club is perfectly ok to keep things like this under wraps and keep it as the club's business. It's not like any amount obtained would justify the loss. But yes, I understand the points put forward in the thread. I just don't feel that way.

edit: Dave makes a good point above; we may not be able to disclose the information at the moment anyway. As long as the year end accounts are delivered on time and we're not down the court house, I'm happy.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 20:28   #234
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I disagree Shaky. We know that Rochdale received £265k for Alan Knill - I bet we didn't get that for Coleman. A quick google will also probably reveal how much compo they paid Steve Eyre when they sacked him in December (3 1/2yr contract remaining).

Knill was Bury's manager.
Eyre wasn't on a 3 1/2 year contract.
Old 24-01-2012, 21:06   #235
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpTheDale View Post
Knill was Bury's manager.
Eyre wasn't on a 3 1/2 year contract.
no-one likes a clever arse
Old 24-01-2012, 21:19   #236
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I do understand why people would wish to know the fees involved - especially when the non-disclosure of financial items lead us to such ruin in past times - I just don't feel it's necessary to disclose this information.

For me, the club is perfectly ok to keep things like this under wraps and keep it as the club's business. It's not like any amount obtained would justify the loss. But yes, I understand the points put forward in the thread. I just don't feel that way.

edit: Dave makes a good point above; we may not be able to disclose the information at the moment anyway. As long as the year end accounts are delivered on time and we're not down the court house, I'm happy.
Well explain to me why most other clubs disclose fees etc, granted not all fees, but we never seem to disclose any? Theres the difference to me.
Old 24-01-2012, 21:27   #237
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
no-one likes a clever arse

As for undisclosed fee's, I cant remember the last time we had a 'disclosed' fee at Dale. Seems to be the thing these days, especially for lower league clubs like ours. I think there may be some truth in the suggestion that clubs dont want other clubs to know.
Old 24-01-2012, 21:43   #238
God Member

It's slightly misleading anyway when the fee is disclosed. Many people would assume it's an instant payment but football transfer fees are usually spread out anyway, 12 months/2 years being fairly common. Maybe thats why lower league teams tend to say undisclosed, you're never going to know how much you're getting until you got it
Old 24-01-2012, 22:03   #239
God Member

One of the things that struck me today whilst talking to people at work about the last 48 hours was the adversity that our little club faces but yet still functions a lot can be put down to John & Jimmy but great credit must also go to those people from the top of the Club down to the all the volunteers who give their time freely, as well as us the fans who support the Club through thick & thin it gave me a great feeling and a new depth to the meaning of "Community Club" for me.

Whatever the next twist or turn I am proud to say I support Accrington Stanley

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 22:23   #240
God Member

your right pendle, stanley wouldnt have survived due to these people dedicating hard work and time .lets not forget the unsung heroes in these hard pressed times.paid and unpaid they are alll heroes in my eyes.the volunteers who helped clear pitches,sell programmes collect gate money the dedicated staff at the club.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..