Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-01-2012, 22:07   #241

Re: Coleman

Two things.

1. A big thank-you to all the people who run, work and volunteer at Stanley. Many thanks for making my match day experience what it is.

2. As far as money is concerned, there are more advantages to keeping it quiet than making it public. It commercially sensitive information. How would it really help if the fans knew the compensation paid for John and Jimmy. It might be nice to know, but If I knew, how would that really help the club? It would be more useful to another club or an agent advising another club on a transfer fee or a player negotiating terms. Therefore better to keep it quiet. As far as a new manager is concerned, at interview if the club are serious about a candidate, it may be important to discuss if any or no money is available for player wages or fees. But the candidate would be told that information in confidence and only if the club are serious about the candidate. Therefore I agree with Shaker.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-01-2012, 22:50   #242

Just a thought wonder if John and Jimmy might return to the Stanley sooner than we think i.e. our Lancs senior cup semi final against Wigan on the 7th of Feb. Would be good to give them a proper Stanley send off.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 06:46   #243
Senior Member+

After feeling quite down at the beginning of the week, after some time for reflection, I feel quite excited about the future now.

Remember, when Coleman first came to Stanley he had little management credibility and he was still learning his trade in that department. Whilst it's true he worked on small budgets in recent years, during his early years at the club he wasn't exactly starved for cash and he was financially supported in many of his transfer desires by the then Chairman.

It's time to move on now and I think it may be the opportunity for another up-and-coming manager to work their magic. Maybe Coleman was tired of 'fire fighting' constantly at Stanley and it's good he's moved on? I can't blame him. Maybe new blood will rejuvenate the Stanley experience? I think it's exciting to think what may be to come.

One thing's for certain, it won't be dull!
Old 25-01-2012, 08:35   #244
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
After feeling quite down at the beginning of the week, after some time for reflection, I feel quite excited about the future now.

Remember, when Coleman first came to Stanley he had little management credibility and he was still learning his trade in that department. Whilst it's true he worked on small budgets in recent years, during his early years at the club he wasn't exactly starved for cash and he was financially supported in many of his transfer desires by the then Chairman.

It's time to move on now and I think it may be the opportunity for another up-and-coming manager to work their magic. Maybe Coleman was tired of 'fire fighting' constantly at Stanley and it's good he's moved on? I can't blame him. Maybe new blood will rejuvenate the Stanley experience? I think it's exciting to think what may be to come.

One thing's for certain, it won't be dull!
Agree 100%. It has been noted for some time that Coley's body language did not always inspire enthusiasm. Maybe a different style of management and match-day team encouragement will see our push for promotion given new vigour.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 08:54   #245
Senior Member+

the end of an era.
Ive had 2 names mentioned to me who are interested in the job.
Roy Evans and paul Ince.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 09:31   #246
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
the end of an era.
Roy Evans and paul Ince.
Whose name shouldn't even be mentioned on this forum !!..... ( or Ray Matthias !!).

Last edited by Neil; 25-01-2012 at 12:08. Reason: fix quote
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 09:36   #247
Senior Member+

Quote:
Ive had 2 names mentioned to me who are interested in the job. Roy Evans and paul Ince.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 09:37   #248
Senior Member+

Quote:
the end of an era.
Roy Evans and paul Ince.
Think Acci should be looking for managers on the"up" and not on the "down" spiral.
I just dont buy into this "you have to be "experienced" mode of thinking.
If thats the case,just fill the team full of journeymen.
Sooner try a Eddie Howe type of manager,up and coming,and full of bright ideas
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 09:42   #249
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Those in charge now,will hopefully step up to the Mark, As fer INCE hes in the "Westley" category.
Old 25-01-2012, 10:20   #250
God Member

for those that didn't catch Granada news Granada Regional News | Granada Reports - ITV Local
Old 25-01-2012, 10:23   #251
Senior Member+

im not saying give them the job, merely pointing out they want it and are hungry to prove themselves.
Personally, i would like the new manager to sign romy boco as player/coach.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 10:50   #252
God Member

Quote:
i would like the new manager to sign romy boco as player/coach.
why?
Old 25-01-2012, 10:58   #253
God Member

Quote:
the end of an era.
Roy Evans and paul Ince.
Paul Ince is 'interested' in every job that comes up - trouble is once he gets one he can't hold on to it for very long because, to put it mildly, he's not very good - as well as being a complete banker & top class maker of pancakes
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 10:59   #254
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Think Acci should be looking for managers on the"up" and not on the "down" spiral.
Agreed, 100%!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 11:07   #255
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Can someone give me a good reason why anyone should be tried? until after the season ends if needed.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..