Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-01-2012, 12:18   #256

Re: Coleman

The old 'Boot room Anfield' approach could be adopted,didn't do them much harm,until they changed it!! lol
Old 25-01-2012, 13:43   #257
Senior Member+

Barca model springs to mind.They interviewed Jose M,who came across very well,but still went for the "B" team coach (Pep G),hes not done too badly !!!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 15:45   #258

The sligo manager springs to mind.
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 16:16   #259
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

From what i can see -All these "Springing To Mind" is Demeaning to those who are put in charge at this very time, They deserve a chance before all the saddos write em off, PATHETIC, IMHO.
Old 25-01-2012, 16:33   #260
Senior Member+

Here Here Cashy !!!,100% in agreement
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 16:49   #261
Junior Member+

Dont know if someone has posted this somewhere else, but here is the latest betting on your next manager.
Accrington Stanley Specials Next Permanent Manager Betting Odds | Football Specials Betting
UpTheDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 17:13   #262
Senior Member+

No reason why Leam & Co cant get it IMO
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 19:04   #263
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
No reason why Leam & Co cant get it IMO
Depends how it goes mate! There either going to be good or bad! Im happy they are as manager etc no as they know the players very well and they know any john and jimmys tactics from this season! Were playing well so no need to change it!

If it doesnt go well then i would like to see a manager whos got experience! Paul Cook would be a good one and also someone like Stan Ternent! Hes a scout at sunderland at the minute and has a great knowledge for the game!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 20:12   #264
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Depends how it goes mate! There either going to be good or bad! Im happy they are as manager etc no as they know the players very well and they know any john and jimmys tactics from this season! Were playing well so no need to change it!
Sometimes the tactics DO need to change. One of the weaknesses of JC and JB was that they rarely had a plan B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
If it doesnt go well then i would like to see a manager whos got experience! Paul Cook would be a good one and also someone like Stan Ternent! Hes a scout at sunderland at the minute and has a great knowledge for the game!
As others said earlier in this thread, let's put speculation aside and get behind Leam and his team 100%. Incidentally, I cannot recall Stan Ternent having a glittering career as manager. We need someone young and ambitious.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 20:58   #265
God Member

There are arguments for and against a lot of names being inked through this post as well as with the bookies.

At the moment what is needed and what Leam, Bryan & Phil wil bring is to turn our attention away from the off the pitch stuff and put the focus back towards on the field matters, a litle bit of breathing space for everyone, a bit of contemplation, time to take stock and perhaps more importantly stability.

On Stanley On

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 21:55   #266

My advice to the Chairman, Board of Directors and Chief Executive is to wait at least three or four weeks, see how the points accrue and what the league table looks like and very slowly assess the applications coming in. No rush now.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 01:04   #267
God Member

found this interview with Coley, particularly like the second paragraph! i seem to remember him waving one here

Bucking trends at relegation-threatened Rochdale will be crucial if new manager John Coleman is to successfully steer the Spotland club away from League One’s drop zone. So Dale fans will have been cheered to see the new boss start as he means to go on yesterday when he was unveiled to the press corps.

Asked to brandish a club scarf for the obligatory ‘new manager’ photographs, Coleman amiably refused.

“You have to earn the right to wave the club’s colours about like that,” he declared.

After 13 years sporting Accrington red, it was enough that Coleman should don his new blue Rochdale tracksuit. The scarf was a prop too far for the 49-year-old on his first day in the job, though his resistance will undoubtedly be tested should he plot a path to safety in Dale’s remaining 19 fixtures. And, having waited so long to manage at this level, Coleman and assistant boss Jimmy Bell will not give up League One status without a fight.

“Every game we play now is going to be vital and I’m not scared of talking about relegation – that’s what is on everybody’s mind and there is no point hiding from the fact and banning the word,” said Coleman. “We are in a scrap and we’ve got to be prepared to roll our sleeves up and have a go.”

Despite his long association with Accrington, the challenge of keeping Dale in the third tier, and of testing himself at the highest level of management, proved too much to resist when Spotland chairman Chris Dunphy came calling.

“It’s a big wrench when you’ve been at a place for such a long time and it wasn’t a decision I took lightly. “Obviously, we know a lot about Rochdale from playing against them over the years, we’ve seen the success they’ve had and how well the club is run and we’ve spoken to people in the game and done our homework, as I’m sure the chairman has done his homework on us”

Oppertunity.

“Speaking to one of the recently departed managers, Steve Eyre, he had nothing but good things to say about the club, so you know you are going into a place where you will be given an opportunity. So as much as it was a wrench to leave Accrington, we had to let our heads rule our hearts and go with what we think is best at this time in our careers.”

Coleman’s number two, Bell, insisted any long-term planning would be put on hold until League One status was preserved.

“Our main aim is to keep the club up,” he said. “We want to manage as high as we can and that’s why we have come here. “It’s a big test for us. We don’t want to be going back to League Two, so we’ll give 100 per cent to keep this club where it is and reassess in the summer.”
Old 26-01-2012, 22:55   #268
God Member

Just wanted to share this with you all: View From The Cow Shed: 27th January 2012: A tribute to John and Jimmy.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 22:58   #269
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thanks fer that Shaker.
Old 26-01-2012, 23:46   #270

Just about sums it up.
Exellent Piece Shaker

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..