Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-01-2012, 16:34   #31
God Member

Re: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
i'm a Que sera type of person.
Never had you down as a Doris Day look-alike.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-01-2012, 17:15   #32
Senior Member+

A little birdie tells me that Rochdale are lining up Leighton James for their managers job!! I reckon he would do them a world of good!!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2012, 20:08   #33
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Coleman

I am afraid that it seems that Coleman was offered the job as our manager this morning - however he has failed to agree terms today. We would be happy if he came to us, I can understand why you wouldn't want to lose him. He will be looking for a longer contract than we will have offered him in all probability. Maybe our board will give him what he wants - who knows. We will have to wait and see. Whatever happens good luck for the rest of the season.
Dalenumber2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2012, 20:57   #34
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalenumber2 View Post
I am afraid that it seems that Coleman was offered the job as our manager this morning - however he has failed to agree terms today. We would be happy if he came to us, I can understand why you wouldn't want to lose him. He will be looking for a longer contract than we will have offered him in all probability. Maybe our board will give him what he wants - who knows. We will have to wait and see. Whatever happens good luck for the rest of the season.
You mean this
Coleman fails to agree terms

Stanley boss will not be making switch to Rochdale

Accrington Stanley manager John Coleman will not be taking over at Rochdale after failing to agree personal terms, Sky Sports understands.
John Coleman: Unsuccessful talks

Sources on Wednesday evening first revealed the story of the potential move, although League Two Accrington insisted they had received no approach.
Coleman, regardless, has now decided against succeeding Steve Eyre, who was sacked in December, after unsuccessful talks with League One strugglers Rochdale.
The 49-year-old has an impressive record during his time at Accrington, but he previously admitted taking the club as far as he can.
Coleman has been at the Crown Ground for more than a decade and his 400th game in charge in September 2008 ended in defeat to Rochdale.................. I would think if its true then The Dale could be in trouble with the league for approching JC behind the clubs back i might be wrong thou...
Old 19-01-2012, 21:09   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
The 49-year-old has an impressive record during his time at Accrington, but he previously admitted taking the club as far as he can.
"Sky sources understand" - where do they dredge up such rubbish?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2012, 22:20   #36
Junior Member+

'Sky Sports understands" means nothing.
Some interesting rumours circulating our board at the moment on the subject of Coleman if you fancy taking a look.
FansNetwork/RochdaleAFC.com - The Rochdale Forum
Old 19-01-2012, 22:57   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
'Sky Sports understands" means nothing.
Some interesting rumours circulating our board at the moment on the subject of Coleman if you fancy taking a look.
FansNetwork/RochdaleAFC.com - The Rochdale Forum
Had a read,usual speculation nowt new there, seen it all before. It will probably be on Sky News in next month or so, Coleman to be next Pope.
Old 20-01-2012, 13:44   #38
Junior Member+

Quote:
I'd like to think this is the end of the saga and we can all forget it ever happened and live on with coleman at the helm, but we've seen it time and time again where a manager turns down an initial offer, but ends up jumping ship, eddie howe in recent times springs to mind and kieth hill turned down the dingles but still ended up leaving.
Accystanmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 19:43   #39
Junior Member+

It's been quiet today from our end, no mention of Coleman so maybe it's all fizzled out. However like someone mentioned earlier, a similar happened to us with Keith Hill, although there was speculation that he was wanted at Barnsley he made it clear he didn't want to go. A few days later he had been approached but couldn't agree terms. We all breathed a sigh of relief then a week later he jumped ship and off he went to Barnsley. So maybe the story isn't over yet...
Whatever happens I hope you guys get a good deal - I always look out for your results and hope you have a good season.
Old 21-01-2012, 14:33   #40
Junior Member+

Big rumours doing the rounds at Wycombe today that Coleman will take over at Dale next week.

This from the Manchester Evening News Rochdale reporter on twitter

@richpartington
It's as you were then for what I'm hearing will be Chris Beech's last in charge of the first team. Let's hope he can bow out with a win
Dale2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 14:59   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale2012 View Post
Big rumours doing the rounds at Wycombe today that Coleman will take over at Dale next week.

This from the Manchester Evening News Rochdale reporter on twitter

@richpartington
It's as you were then for what I'm hearing will be Chris Beech's last in charge of the first team. Let's hope he can bow out with a win
Why would he go to a team that looks like it's going to be relegated rather than stay with one that could well have a shout at going up?

Apart from 3 1/2 years left on his contract, that is .............
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 15:08   #42
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
Why would he go to a team that looks like it's going to be relegated rather than stay with one that could well have a shout at going up?

Apart from 3 1/2 years left on his contract, that is .............
Only letting you know what's coming out from this side, wondered if similar stories are coming out over your way.
Old 21-01-2012, 15:17   #43
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Only letting you know what's coming out from this side, wondered if similar stories are coming out over your way.
Nope!! Nothing on this side of the border
Old 21-01-2012, 15:46   #44
Full Member+

Quote:
Big rumours doing the rounds at Wycombe today
that .................................................. .................................

Rochdale getting beat again!
Old 21-01-2012, 17:08   #45
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
that .................................................. .................................

Rochdale getting beat again!
That's the end of Beech. There will be news soon...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..